(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure My Scratch Built Custom Haradrim Wraith finished Outdoors Pics.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: My Scratch Built Custom Haradrim Wraith finished Outdoors Pics.

My Scratch Built Custom Haradrim Wraith finished Outdoors Pics.

Again from "The Hobbit:The Battle Of Five Armies" and the specific battle of Dol Guldur.
    A lot more natural materials in this guy due to the nature of the armour being originally wicker/raffia with wooden stakes etc.. I made him a real Sikh turban after learning how to do it on You Tube just for this build, took about 150cm (5ft) of material to do it just in 1/6! There are real silver parts and plenty of Indian jewellery bits incorporated into the build as well. His daggers are called Katars and of Indian origin used by the Rajput warriors, the trident is my version of what he used in the movie but more practical, the movie design was just odd with three Moro Kris blades attached at weird angles to a long spike. He's a mix of Indo-Persian (please don't start that whole Greco-Roman argument again...), North African and Asian influences (it is mentioned that PJ's team were inspired by the Aztecs and Polynesian tribes but I can't see that in their design at all personally).

For many years, the Haradrim were the greatest enemy of Gondor. Several times, they invaded the north. Finally, the Men of Gondor were able to capture Harad, though it was later freed. During the War of the Ring the Haradrim were allied with Sauron. A Haradrim warrior wounded Faramir. At the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, the 18,000 Haradrim were a great threat to the Rohirrim that had come to aid the people of Minas Tirith. During the onslaught a Haradrim chieftain, who bore the standard of a black serpent on a scarlet field, led the Haradrim cavalry. King Théoden of Rohan slew him in single combat.[3]
    Once Sauron was destroyed, the Haradrim, Variags, and Easterlings disbanded from the Black Gates and out of Mordor, and became dispersed.
    The lands of the Haradrim lie to the south of Gondor past the river Poros. These hardy people lived in one of the harshest environments in Middle-earth. In the land south of Gondor, the sun beat down unrelentingly, cooking much of Haradwaith into desert.
    Haradrim towns and cities presumably existed nearer to the coast where fish and sea trade allowed a more urban existence, as well as a haven for pirates and corsairs.
    Reference pics of Wraith and Hardrim warriors:

My build thread can be found here for this and many more WIP LOTR/Hobbit figures.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...n-gesture.html

For now they seem to be content to hang around my custom built Grim Reaper/Wraith sniper rifle!

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: My Scratch Built Custom Haradrim Wraith finished Outdoors Pics.

Looks very impressive, like the others!

Wow! Another impressive build. So much to look at. I applaud your dedication to this project.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

He is brilliant, you're knocking these out of the park!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    Looks very impressive, like the others!
    Thanks Gubernator! I do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Wow! Another impressive build. So much to look at. I applaud your dedication to this project.
    They keep me going lol. Think I missed a detail or two in the pics there like his wrist spikes and those on the back of the biceps. Cheers Stryker!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    He is brilliant, you're knocking these out of the park!

CHEERS!
    Thanks again Roger! Already started throwing bits together to make the next one, the Rohirrim/Viking Wraith, or my interpretation of it.

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

really like the level of detail on the figures, especially the guy on the right with the hammer-axe-club-thing seems the right tool when you absolutely have to make sure no ones standing back up again

So much to admire!

Wowee kazowee! I would run like heck if I saw this guy! I loved it!

Wow! These are extraordinary. There's just so much details to appreciate and marvel at. Love the set of pictures at the end, the trio looks very menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjolnir View Post
    really like the level of detail on the figures, especially the guy on the right with the hammer-axe-club-thing seems the right tool when you absolutely have to make sure no ones standing back up again
    Thanks Tjolnir! I think of it as the machine gun of axes! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mike45 View Post
    So much to admire!
    Thank you very much Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
    Wowee kazowee! I would run like heck if I saw this guy! I loved it!
    LOL, so would I! Cheers Pontiacvan!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox915 View Post
    Wow! These are extraordinary. There's just so much details to appreciate and marvel at. Love the set of pictures at the end, the trio looks very menacing.
    Thank you Fox! Another four to come including Sauron himself.

Another feast for the eyes.

I like your style, man...and I love your work.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Damn masterful job man. So great seeing these guys come together, they look amazing together.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    Another feast for the eyes.

I like your style, man...and I love your work.
    Thank you dadrab!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Munkey View Post
    Damn masterful job man. So great seeing these guys come together, they look amazing together.
    Thanks PM! I just noticed he's got a bit of a scorpion vibe going on which is quite appropriate for a desert based wraith!