Phicen female bodies stain removal? - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phicen female bodies stain removal?

Re: Phicen female bodies stain removal?

Just buy a new one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Depends on how bad the stain is and how long the figure has been subjected to the staining material. The last time I had mine coated with Oxy10 and wrapped in plastic wrap with it, as mentioned above, was 3 to 4 days I think.

I have now this recent stain issue with Tifa Lockhart's pleather sleeves and skirt frm JXToys in just 2 weeks. The underside was pre-wrapped with plastic wrap, but not to exact measure at the edges, and so you can see the staining bleeding off there on the thigh and arms. Only other way is to glue the plastic wrap as an internal layer to the clothing edges.
    Thank you, OXY10 is arrived today, so you suggest me to keep it a couple of days and see what happen, wrapping it with plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by fabryd View Post
    Thank you, OXY10 is arrived today, so you suggest me to keep it a couple of days and see what happen, wrapping it with plastic?
    This is the state of Tifa after 5 days wrapped in Oxy10. A similar thing happened with a Jiaou doll I treated. After that I kept it in its box for several months, and when I checked again, all the stains were gone. So I'm now leaving this one alone to air and see what happens in a few months.

When I 1st did a test fit of the pleather skirt before the full dress-up of Tifa, I did get some immediate stains on the lower thighs. After removing it, I left the body alone for a week and found that those stains disappeared. Other forum members above have mentioned this observation.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just to follow up...after 3 weeks and 2 separate Oxy10 treatments, spaced between a week, the stains were faint but not completely gone.

I didn't wait any longer, and glued the edges of all the black pleather items with plastic wrap, trimming the edges of the wrap accordingly. The glue to use should be any rubbery shoe glue type, but I ran out of that, and simply used UHU glue, which really isn't appropriate because it hardens. Any way, it works for now for the stain shielding job, as shown.

I did the same for the pleather sleeves. The body under these outfit pieces are of course wrapped in plastic wrap.

After a month, the stain is pretty much gone now.

Subsequently, all these others, ie. Yuna and Yuffie, have the same stain protection treatment to the black clothing pieces, plus body wrapping under them respectively. Tiffa's new stockings and black tank-top were socked in Dylon S.O.S Colour run for an 1 hour prior to use. This fabric stain remover works really well...much better and faster than vinegar!

So, quite upset today. My Phicen had worn some pleather clothing for a total of 30 minutes. When I took off the clothes, I saw the attached image. I did think to wrap the arms in in cling film, which saved the arms, and the clothing was treated with a dye fixer for 24 hours, and then put in a washing solution for 24 hours, then rinsed and dried on paper towels. I didn't see any stain left of the paper towels so thought I was ok. As the legs were in black tights, I was surprised to see this. I have cleaned it a bit, with just a water solution (no soap). Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that the dye will disappear on its own. I do have some Oxy10 that was ordered recently. Hoping I don't need to use the Oxy10. But seeing how bad the staining is, I will be surprised if I don't. Warning the image has not been made SFW.
    Phicen female bodies stain removal?-39e104aa-0985-4e5c-b43b-8a042d2850a6-jpg

Sorry that this has happened. I would suggest that you cover the stained body areas with Oxy10 and sealed in plastic wrap for about a week. Then wash and check, and maybe apply a 2nd round for another week.

Please note that all black or coloured outfits need to be fixed. The Dylon SOS Colour Run fixer has worked very well for the black stockings for Tifa above.

I just recently had another similar case with a black pleather outfit. I had lined/glued the edges with plastic wrap, but the underlay fabric of the pleather outfit was not treated/fixed, and thus stained the body in key areas within just 30mins of putting it on. So the body was immediately treated with Oxy10 for the last 3 days.

Thanks Martian. What is frustrating, I had treated the pleather with Rite Dye ColorStay. But it doesn't seem to have done the job on the pleather. I wonder if pleather doesn't take the dye fixer. The pleather is now currently in another batch of the Fixer, so hoping that might do the trick. I followed all the instructions with it, to use the fixer in water for 24 hrs, then put it in a water & washing powder mix for another 24 hrs. Then rinse and dry on paper towels watching for stain on the paper towels. There wasn't any, so I thought I was ok. Seems not. I have put the Phicen in a zip lock bag. I haven't treated it with Oxy10 yet. I was going to see if it heals on its own first. If it hasn't improved in the morning, I'll put some Oxy10 on it. I am in the UK, so I think we are limited in what we can get. Oxy10 is only available via ebay. I managed to get the Rit ColorStay from Amazon.co.uk. It had some good reviews, however, who knows with these pleather clothing.

I did see your post about lining the clothing with cling film, and am thinking about doing that. Just I thought that with the clothing lined with cling film, as that stuff really likes sticking to itself, that if I put cling film onto the phicen as well, I'd never be able to get the clothing onto it as cling film to cling film is like glue on its own.

More frustrating, is that I had put black tights on her, which came from the same pleather set, but was treated. And that stained worse than anything else. I was trying to make a Clarey from ShadowHunters, if you are aware of that... Phicen female bodies stain removal?-6463977f-9379-42a2-b115-91f3b96628fb-jpg

It was a right pain to try to zip up the jacket. I did succeed, and it was when I undid the jacket I could see the stain on the stomach. If you look at the photo, you can see the legs are becoming blue via the tights.

I'll try Oxy10 etc tomorrow. And continue with the fix treatment of the clothing. Hopefully the clothing will stop bleeding dye, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Londonroadhog, that is a very nice character you have created!

It is not useful to treat the pleather material itself. The colour is mixed into the poly-plastic fluid before its formation as a solid material. The nature of this material which tends to stick to rubbery surfaces like TPE, silicon, ie. seamless figure bodies, will certainly cause staining from the coloured pleather. The only way to prevent this is to cover the underside of the pleather with a non-staining fabric, or plastic wrap layer to separate the pleather surface from the figure's skin.

As for colour removers/fixers, you need to find the brand that works for you. Stryker2011 had recommended White Vinegar as another alternative in another thread for stain fixing. I have been using vinegar previously in the past years, which worked very well for me as a very low cost option (but took 2 days. The Dylon fixer only required 1 hour!). But I got into problems where the pleather outfits had metal zips, parts, that corroded in the vinegar soak and separated into pieces, thus destroying the outfits to my horror! Also, certain metallic paint coatings on pleather boots also get eaten up by the vinegar.

Judging from your earlier photo above, the body stains intensity is quite high. You will need the Oxy10 treatment. Airing it may take a very long time, or may not even work at all. I don't know if anyone else has tried this. My attempts in this airing method was done only after the Oxy10 treatments for Jiaou Doll and TBL bodies where there were only subtle stains remaining.
    Last edited by martian; 12-27-2019 at 21:24.

Martian, Thanks, I do like the character.

Pleased someone here knows that it is pointless to treat pleather. I'll stop trying to do that. It seems that the best approach would be to line the pleather, where it is accessible, and where it isn't cover the Phicen in those area (arms/legs). The jacket is so tight, that I don't think I could turn it inside out to line it. But I can cover arms with cling film. So the sides and back can be covered on the jacket, and just put cling film on the arms when putting it on. I will try to turn the jacket inside out, I'll use some tweezers that I use for that sort of thing. If I can, I will line the whole jacket. Skirt would be easy, as it has velcro from top to bottom, and is really simple to put on. I am still surprised at the tights. I'll continue to try to colour fix those, as it is stretch material, not pleather.

As for the Phicen itself, I'll put some oxy10 on her today and put it in a ziplock bag for a few days/week or so. But keep an eye on it. As you say it is badly stained, so may need several treatments of Oxy10.

Thanks for the advice, hoping I can post a clean Phicen in a short while.