Product Review POP Toys Female Business Suit POP-X23 Review

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: POP Toys Female Business Suit POP-X23 Review

POP Toys Female Business Suit POP-X23 Review

POP Toys X23 Business Suit Photo Review by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

The latest female business suit released by POP Toys is model X23, which comes in 4 colors (black, gray, white, and pink). I pre-ordered the white set (model number POP-X23C) and am pretty satisfied with it.

I put the suit on a Verycool base body (sporting a not-Cobie-Smulders headsculpt), and the base fit is quite good. I'm not super-amazed at the way the velcro peeks out from the shirt, and the stockings are pretty poor (more on those later), but the tailoring of the shirt is good and the skirt fits quite nicely.

The matching heels also don't have the problem older POP Toys heels did of collapsing under the weight of the figure. These are quite sturdy, though you should be careful getting them on because they can be quite snug once the stocking is on the foot. It's not hard to slip and break off a heel (ahem), though it glued back on with no fuss.

Closer looks at the top. The collar of the shirt might be a little big, too.

If there's one thing about the set that's a real disappointment, it's the stockings. They are made of a stretchy material, but they're a little short and just don't stay up well on hard plastic legs. I found them constantly slipping down under the skirt and was constantly re-adjusting them until I just gave up. I'd suggest alternatives like the stockings from Verycool.

The suit also comes with a vest and jacket, which use real buttons as closures. I'm a little torn on this, because they look really nice but they are a PAIN to get done-up. You can't button up the vest and then get it on the figure, and working teeny tiny buttons on a figure that's already got the vest on is really difficult.

After I got the vest buttoned up. It was enough of a pain that I might just leave the set on this figure permanently, or ditch the vest if I dress it on a different figure. The bottom button is also barely connected to the vest, since getting it through the button hole nearly pulled it off.

Adding the jacket, which was easier than I thought it would be. The sleeves of the shirt mostly stay in place as you pull the jacket on, though I did not even try to button the jacket.

It's a pretty good fit, but even with the thinner fabrics, I think the suit ends up looking a little bit bulky on the figure, and you lose a significant amount of articulation from the layers of clothing on the upper body.

Rear-view, with the jacket on.

Comparison shot with the original POP Toys suit from a few years back. The original release came with both pants and a skirt but no vest, and did not include shoes. As you can see, I also managed to lose one of the "buttons" on the shirt and a second one is about to come off too. The cloth on the newer suit is also a bit thinner, and the fit on a Verycool body is a bit better.

This is a really solid offering from POP Toys if you're looking for some business attire for your 1/6 ladies.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: POP Toys Female Business Suit POP-X23 Review

Is there any chance you’d be willing to sell this set?