Modern War (1990s to Present) 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts

1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts

Hi - anyone aware of African American female headsculpts (much less bodies) that are available? I have never seen any and I would love to find one to kitbash a character from an actions series I'm reading (Arisen ... special forces battling the zombie apocalypse - check it out, it's awesome!)

Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts

you can go on evilbay and find a bunch in Integrity Toys and in Barbies. Here are a few examples

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-23313893292_0180096fb8_c-jpg   1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-27986080880_77fff58bb2_c-jpg   1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-s-l1600-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by onesixfaninus View Post
    Hi - anyone aware of African American female headsculpts (much less bodies) that are available? I have never seen any and I would love to find one to kitbash a character from an actions series I'm reading (Arisen ... special forces battling the zombie apocalypse - check it out, it's awesome!)

Thanks all.
    The search function is your friend, as far as finding where the subject was previously discussed: Where Can I Find An African-american Nude Female Figure? , Need help with finding African American Female Head. But unfortunately options were slim in those threads, and I can't think of any new ones having been released since 2014 except some at "Barbie" level, while the few good suggestions such as the Triad and the Dr Who Martha Jones have probably become more scarce/expensive with the passage of time.

On the Barbie side there have been several AA sculpts lately https://www.walmart.com/ip/Barbie-Fa...-Doll/49456117 that may be better than the Barbies shown in 2014, and which look serious rather than vapid. If your character is fully dressed with gloves, maybe you don't need to find an AA body, and you can work with touching up one of the Barbie heads.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hot ToysBiohazard Sheva Alomar

bbi Cy Girl Ebony

bbi Perfect Body AA

Gi Joe Vietnam Nurse AA

most are ok suggestions, but i can tell that there is much to be desired. perhaps one of our talented customizers can make some bodies and heads...
    Hail Cobra!

There are a couple bodies that *might* be African-American. I don't have any of these so I'm not sure but you can take a look at the following links.

Jiaoudol bodies in various skintones: JIAOUDOL 1/6 12" Seamless Female Figure Body Rubber Skin Layer | eBay

Unknown body in what may be AA: 1:6 Scale Flexible Female 12'' Figure Body Sit Extra Hands F KUMIK HT Headsculpt | eBay

Check out Cotswold Collectibles and select Triad Toys under the other manufactures list. Triad have two bodies types of Alpha Female Bodies that are African American. You can also check out Coreplay they have a female "Fitness Body Tan" that looks pretty good as well.

It's depressing. The only complete head/body figures ready to use out of the box seem to be the two Triad, Dr Who Martha Jones, Hot Toys Sheva, and CYGirl Ebony, all of them quite old and none easily/cheaply available. Phicen really needs to do something about this. As dolls go Uhura is quite good and is readily available but won't suit most of our purposes.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    It's depressing. The only complete head/body figures ready to use out of the box seem to be the two Triad, Dr Who Martha Jones, Hot Toys Sheva, and CYGirl Ebony, all of them quite old and none easily/cheaply available. Phicen really needs to do something about this. As dolls go Uhura is quite good and is readily available but won't suit most of our purposes.
    Really it is.
    JI JANE keyword for additional search.
    Nevertheless
    I have one HS
    for myself
    for repaint.
    Last edited by Tolerancer; 02-10-2017 at 14:03. Reason: new view of a text

It appears i'm running into the same problem and i'm trying to get together some female african american female bodies and i'm thinking about using some barbie heads to make it work. Apparently i will have to be creative as well unfortunately.

I bought the Threezero Michonne body from evilbay last Dec, and fitted it with a very dark skin barbie head. That worked quite well. But the feet ball joint of the Threezero body is very unique in size (much larger) and does not fit any existing feet from TBL, Jiaou doll or Verycool. The Threezero Ghost in the Shell figure's shoes also are not made to receive this ball joint. This is a head scratcher!

Just got this one from evulbay...and there's more...

PM for a link

Phicen made a Halle Berry looking figure several years ago, pre-steel skeleton era, but it had pretty light complexion

found this while looking around on ebay. not sure if this is what you were asking about. but I understand they are not really represented in this hobby.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-c...8AAOSw1rpcThUX

I just purchased one of the last ebony/AA skin tone with detachable feet Jiaou dolls offered for sale recently on eBay. Please note this is NOT the traditional JOQ-10E-PS skin tone Jiaou “calls” black...but a new “AA” skin tone that is truly a milk chocolate brown. See headless image:

They still have some of the fixed foot figures in this skin tone available. These look like a standard European JOQ-09F-body molded in this new Ebony/AA skin tone.

So now that I have $65.00+ tax invested in this beautiful Ebony/AA 1/6 scale work of art...where can I find an appropriate head sculpt?

My searches for 1/6 scale black, ebony, or African, female head sculpts yield almost nothing.

It seems I can buy a African American Alpha Female Action Figure from Triad toys that comes with a head sculpt, but I do not know how compatible it is with Jiaou bodies. Perhaps what is most disturbing is this model has no African facial features. It is simply a Caucasian face molded in dark brown plastic (see white shirt image).

It seems they used to offer a head sculpt for #TRI-0178 that did have some African features (see blue shirt image) but all my searching for this comes up empty.

Does anyone know of a source for black, ebony, AA 1/6scale head sculpts suitable for my Jiaou doll body?

1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-254613c2-c656-4fd1-8472-862c1fa2661e-jpeg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-d9cdda56-531d-40f4-89c8-3850726aaf4d-jpg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-3b67c5cb-e6cf-4bdd-a04f-27e4a0de8f95-jpg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-d9cdda56-531d-40f4-89c8-3850726aaf4d-jpg

The short answer is . . . NO.

Asian 1:6 brands are xenophobic when it comes to darker skin head sculpts let alone bodies because quite frankly . . . it's not going to sell enough for them to warrant resources to produce them.

SO . . . it's a matter of $ (DUH!).

So there.

Then again there is JIAOUDOLL with their darker skin offering(s), but no head sculpts. That's like making razor handles, but no razor blades.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Rectrix View Post
    I just purchased one of the last ebony/AA skin tone with detachable feet Jiaou dolls offered for sale recently on eBay. Please note this is NOT the traditional JOQ-10E-PS skin tone Jiaou “calls” black...but a new “AA” skin tone that is truly a milk chocolate brown. See headless image:

They still have some of the fixed foot figures in this skin tone available. These look like a standard European JOQ-09F-body molded in this new Ebony/AA skin tone.

So now that I have $65.00+ tax invested in this beautiful Ebony/AA 1/6 scale work of art...where can I find an appropriate head sculpt?

My searches for 1/6 scale black, ebony, or African, female head sculpts yield almost nothing.

It seems I can buy a African American Alpha Female Action Figure from Triad toys that comes with a head sculpt, but I do not know how compatible it is with Jiaou bodies. Perhaps what is most disturbing is this model has no African facial features. It is simply a Caucasian face molded in dark brown plastic (see white shirt image).

It seems they used to offer a head sculpt for #TRI-0178 that did have some African features (see blue shirt image) but all my searching for this comes up empty.

Does anyone know of a source for black, ebony, AA 1/6scale head sculpts suitable for my Jiaou doll body?

1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-254613c2-c656-4fd1-8472-862c1fa2661e-jpeg
    Thanks so much for your post! I didn't know such an AA seamless body actually existed in the market currently, or that Jiaou Doll ever made such a dark skin tone! Phicen's version was never that dark.

I found your evilbay seller and bought 2! Ya, he is certainly charging a major bomb for these bodies!$$$

As discussed in this thread above, the Barbie, Fashion Royalty, Triad lines are the only options for ebony heads available for customisation, besides other new one-off productions from time to time. There is of course, the 3d printing option if you want to embark on a steep learning curve on all the relevant skills, software, and $$$equipment involved, fine painting face-up work and space!
    Last edited by martian; 04-05-2020 at 19:47.

The Integrity Toys people have four or five dedicated AA head sculpts across their brands. They also mold several of the other heads in dark tone PVC.

There are a few Russian 3D printed resin heads that you can get on eBay, but you have to color them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rectrix View Post

1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-254613c2-c656-4fd1-8472-862c1fa2661e-jpeg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-d9cdda56-531d-40f4-89c8-3850726aaf4d-jpg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-3b67c5cb-e6cf-4bdd-a04f-27e4a0de8f95-jpg1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts-d9cdda56-531d-40f4-89c8-3850726aaf4d-jpg
    The seller of the "Ebony" Jiaou bodies wrote back that there is a plan to have these made with the smaller size body molds, too.

Who’s the seller?