Figures like cleaning phicen

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Figures like cleaning phicen

Figures like cleaning phicen

good day
    You know someone like cleaning the figures phicen

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Figures like cleaning phicen

pleaseeeeee help meeee

He probably got a stained Phicen body and was asking for tips to clean up? Just guessing...

Statues, Action Figures, Model Kits and More

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

gto88, is it a stain issue on a phicen body? If not, please clarify a bit more. We'll see if we can get you some useful answers.

Mike
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

If it's just regular cleaning, use mild water with soap, clean, let dry and then apply baby talcum to avoid tackiness.

Question Re: Figures like cleaning phicen

Quote Originally Posted by gto88 View Post
    good day
    You know someone like cleaning the figures phicen
    If the question is, whether there exists a kind of service point cleaning Phicen bodies for customers, the answer is: No. If the problem cannot be solved by water with mild dish-washing detergent, than adhesive tape could be an option. If all this including cleaning alcohol is still useless, the next step could be cleaner's solvent (also called washing benzine or petroleum ether or white spirit).
    Last edited by Horst; 06-02-2016 at 05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfandcub View Post
    If it's just regular cleaning, use mild water with soap, clean, let dry and then apply baby talcum to avoid tackiness.
    Is moisturizing baby powder OK? I didn't pay any attention when buying and found out this powder is a bit different, the usual ones gave that slippery, powdery feel but this one kinda dissolved when rubbed and felt a bit damp.

Quote Originally Posted by tofanpw View Post
    Is moisturizing baby powder OK? I didn't pay any attention when buying and found out this powder is a bit different, the usual ones gave that slippery, powdery feel but this one kinda dissolved when rubbed and felt a bit damp.
    From my point of view cornstarch or talcum is a better option than moisturizing baby powder. The most professional option to avoid friction during Phicens dressing after cleaning is described here:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-dressing.html

This message has been deleted by pukingdog. Reason: Unproductive negativity in lieu of exercising restraint. Last post deleted to resume course.
    --

For those who were involved (myself included), we've all had our faces slapped in a row out of a Three Stooges short and rightfully so. We should have known better, but we let our negativity take hold. Lesson learned.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

From my experience, if I need to clean a Phicen figure I try the following in order:

1. Painter's tape/Masking tape. Sometimes it's just lint or dust on the figure. Painter's tape is sticky enough to get it off but not so sticky to damage the figure. Sometimes if I'm in a rush, I'll use packing tape, but nothing stronger than that.

2. Water and a paper towel. Plain water will get a lot of stuff off a figure if it hasn't been stained for long. If you use soap, make sure it's mild because it might react to the rubber used on the skin. Also make sure your paper towels are unmarked and unprinted -- there is nothing worse than trying to clean a stain off a Phicen only to watch the pretty flower on the paper towel leave a nice orange streak over the original stain.

3. Acne cream with benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. This is the last resort for stuff that's been absorbed into the rubber. The benzoyl peroxide will deep-clean and doesn't seem to do any lasting damage to the skin. Slather it on liberally and let it sit for a day or two, then rinse off with plain water.

After any use of water on a Phicen figure, I'd use a light dusting of corn starch on it to make the skin less tacky. Remember that a little bit goes a long, long way, and that you can always put on a bit more corn starch but too much will end up getting all over new clothing and your fingers and everything else, and then you have to clean the figure again. I would avoid baby powders since some of them have chemical additives to make them smell nice or keep them from caking or whatever, and who knows what kind of reaction they'll have with the Phicen's skin over time? However, that said, I've used unscented baby powder in the past and there wasn't a problem with it.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    From my experience, if I need to clean a Phicen figure I try the following in order:

1. Painter's tape/Masking tape. Sometimes it's just lint or dust on the figure. Painter's tape is sticky enough to get it off but not so sticky to damage the figure. Sometimes if I'm in a rush, I'll use packing tape, but nothing stronger than that.

2. Water and a paper towel. Plain water will get a lot of stuff off a figure if it hasn't been stained for long. If you use soap, make sure it's mild because it might react to the rubber used on the skin. Also make sure your paper towels are unmarked and unprinted -- there is nothing worse than trying to clean a stain off a Phicen only to watch the pretty flower on the paper towel leave a nice orange streak over the original stain.

3. Acne cream with benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. This is the last resort for stuff that's been absorbed into the rubber. The benzoyl peroxide will deep-clean and doesn't seem to do any lasting damage to the skin. Slather it on liberally and let it sit for a day or two, then rinse off with plain water.

After any use of water on a Phicen figure, I'd use a light dusting of corn starch on it to make the skin less tacky. Remember that a little bit goes a long, long way, and that you can always put on a bit more corn starch but too much will end up getting all over new clothing and your fingers and everything else, and then you have to clean the figure again. I would avoid baby powders since some of them have chemical additives to make them smell nice or keep them from caking or whatever, and who knows what kind of reaction they'll have with the Phicen's skin over time? However, that said, I've used unscented baby powder in the past and there wasn't a problem with it.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for that very helpful post. Particularly, I know Acme Cream was the go-to solution for serious stains on plastic bodies, and in reading this thread, I wondered if that worked also on the Phicen synthetic skin or if it was potentially harmful. Good to know that remedy is still available, and I hope never to have to use it. Thanks.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Thank you for that very helpful post. Particularly, I know Acme Cream was the go-to solution for serious stains on plastic bodies, and in reading this thread, I wondered if that worked also on the Phicen synthetic skin or if it was potentially harmful. Good to know that remedy is still available, and I hope never to have to use it. Thanks.
    Quick correction: make sure you buy acne cream and not Acme cream, or else you might find yourself plummeting from a great height to the bottom of a desert canyon somewhere, usually after an unlikely chain of physical indignities created by trying to remove stains from your Phicens.

Marginally more seriously: make sure the acne cream has the benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. I have a giant tub of Noxema that I'm probably going to have to toss eventually, because it did absolutely nothing to remove stains from a Phicen.

thank you very much

for their suggestions

"One can never appreciate the top of a mountain till you have been in the deepest part of the valley"....
    Richard Nixon

This thread turned out to be very helpful, thanks for all the tips.

save time buy a new one.