Best Humvee Decal Set?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Best Humvee Decal Set?

Best Humvee Decal Set?

I was just wandering what the best Humvee decal set was. I have seen a couple at online dealers and I can not get a feel of how they look on the Humvee. Any feed back would be appreciated. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I believe the one at Patches of Pride was made for the 21st Century HMMWV. While it has a few good decals, it could be better. Haven't seen that one applied to the Hasbro version though. Would be nice to have a better selection of decals for different configurations.

We as a community could probably come up with a great set of images that would be good for a HMMWV decal set, scale them to 1:6, and put it into a printable file. Whatcha think?

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Here are some decal sheets I made for my Humvee. Feel free to use them if you wish.

And here are a few pics with them on the Humvee. Sorry I don't have any better ones. For the data plates, I actually applied the decals to a sheet of aluminum and cut them out.

Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Those are some great decals! Thanks for sharing!

Those are great. Thanks for the decals. I thinking of getting the John decal from GSTG. These gauges just added another project for my humvee.

Here's a tip for the gauges. Cut the back off of some "wiggle eyes" (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=gc0696) and use the clear plastic part as the glass for the gauge. It works quite well. I wish I could take credit for this, but I "borrowed" the technique from another member. ScanmanDan, I think.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Thanks that is a great tip. I would have never thought of that.

If I can put my two cents in. I used wiggle eyes for the glass and printed out the gauge images onto glossy photo quality paper. It's cheap and works a treat.

Most of the data plates and placards are still in my gallery (about page 60) if you need them. If there is anything you need just drop me a note. I still have lots of stuff for the old beast.
    sample

(Has it really been 4 years since the Humvees were released? Where has all the time gone to.)

Hope that helps some.

Dan
    These thoughts courtesy of a madman found chained to his workbench hidden deep within his subterranean Factory of Devious Inventions.
    No notice should be taken of his ramblings whatsoever.

Thanks for sharing, just what I needed!!

Niels

Thanks for the great tips, guys!