One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Droid Hunter Killer Team

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jon math 
#1 ·

High power binocs

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks,
The pack frame mounted radio and the chest mounted detector are both scratch built. Most of the other stuff is just kit bashed and repainted and weathered.

Mostly they are just assorted parts from my parts boxes. Mixing WWII and modern stuff, repainted—not unlike a lot of low budget sci-fi movies do.

#4 ·
The mortar is a nod to the unit that Star Trek’s Capt Kirk used at the start of the episode with the Gorn lizard commander. There’s was a bit simpler but the stainless mortar really put me in mind of the German unit. One of the droid killer team has two German gas mask cans on his back they contain small blue beads from a craft store to represent the photon like rounds from the Star Trek show.

#8 ·
That stuff came with a cheap Big Lot's hunter figure that I picked up years ago. A full hooded jumpsuit and the back pack. The pack even had a zipper, albeit with an oversized pull tab.

#11 ·
Very cool.

The only thing that sticks out at me as "off" is the fact that the German grenades look like, well German grenades.

Maybe paint the grenade heads black or a metallic silver.

Fun thought - they aren't really "grenades" per se, but are target designators for the rocket launcher.

The spotter/tracker throws the target designators (which are magnetic) at the droids - targeting their most vulnerable spots. They stick, and then the rocket launcher guy fires the missile - which homes in on the target designators and the vulnerable spot of the droid. And then it goes boom!

#12 ·
Yes, they are a nod to the prop folks at Star Wars who liked to use WWII stuff but I'm not sure they work with just a repaint to the hospital green painted heads. I tried to use one blue and one red with each figure to give them a different look. One of the figures has a folded up Batman's Sticky Bomb gun in their shoulder bag, that adds a bit of variety to the killing arsenal too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.