Female Figures Phicen Skin tone help - Page 5

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Phicen Skin tone help

Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr_Nayo View Post
    Does the light suntan match any of the newest bodies 22a, 23b, etc.? Thanks
    Light suntan on which head?

I have both 22a and 23b and they are very similar to each other. The pale is warmer than my old S07 and the 23b is lighter by a small margin than my first S09.
    I have two different SD002 super duck heads on my 22 and 23 and they are both close enough and interchangeable. I have a KT005 on my S09C and it's and almost perfect match, but also works on the newer bodies, and I have verycool ACU shooter on my other S09C and it also perfect. I never found a decent head for my S07, so it's currently in a box.

Not sure if any of this helps answer your question?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post
    Rost3, sorry for not replying sooner. I sent you a post message in regards to the pastel coloring. I am not sure if these photos were appropriate in this section or if I need to make a separate thread, but I hope it helps:

Attachment 379343Attachment 379342Attachment 379341
    Hi, thanks for sharing these images. Can I ask, do you use something to fix the colour after application, or just rely on it staining the skin? I have a new head I love but no body to match it sadly, so this technique might be my only option.

I don't use anything after. I just apply chalk. I don't spray any sealer because I don't know if the sealer might eat away at the rubber plastic. I once sprayed the Toybiz Daredevil body and in an hour, The sealer made swiss cheese style holes and disintegrated.

To get the right chalk color on the body, I test a small area, preferably the back of the neck. I mostly rely on mixing the right amount of earth tones to get the color I want. A lot of trial and error.

I am testing Hobby Lobby's pastel chalk, they have a good selection. Don't forget to pat the chalk in, DO NOT rub. I posted my process somewhere but I cannot find it. Their was a kitbasher named Pam who used pastel chalk on her Wonder Woman figure on youtube:

Part 3 WW Hot Toys Wonder Woman Phicen/TBLeague body - YouTube

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi all!

Im curious if the s02 body will color match the hot toys Rey and if i need to work about any adapters for the head.
    Also is their any difference between the s02 with some random girls head or the s02a/b which is just the body?

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post
    I don't use anything after. I just apply chalk. I don't spray any sealer because I don't know if the sealer might eat away at the rubber plastic. I once sprayed the Toybiz Daredevil body and in an hour, The sealer made swiss cheese style holes and disintegrated.

To get the right chalk color on the body, I test a small area, preferably the back of the neck. I mostly rely on mixing the right amount of earth tones to get the color I want. A lot of trial and error.

I am testing Hobby Lobby's pastel chalk, they have a good selection. Don't forget to pat the chalk in, DO NOT rub. I posted my process somewhere but I cannot find it. Their was a kitbasher named Pam who used pastel chalk on her Wonder Woman figure on youtube:

Part 3 WW Hot Toys Wonder Woman Phicen/TBLeague body - YouTube
    Thanks for the advice. I ended up using chalk to colour match a new super duck head with an old S09 I had knocking around. Worked a treat. In fact, the body looks better now than it did out of the box and I will probably use chalk on all my bodies from now on. It's great even if you don't need to colour match. I like it for bringing out muscle tone and bone structure too.

The experiment with Daredevil sounds painful! I hope you got him replaced and back in fighting form!

Hi all. Need some advice regarding this head... 1/6 Elizabeth Olsen Scarlet Witch Long Curl Head For Scarlet Witch Figure Body | eBay

Does anyone have it, and if so, what phicen body is the best match?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by reaver80808 View Post
    Hi all. Need some advice regarding this head... 1/6 Elizabeth Olsen Scarlet Witch Long Curl Head For Scarlet Witch Figure Body | eBay

Does anyone have it, and if so, what phicen body is the best match?

Thanks guys
    Phicen steel & head sculpt color match table
    ^This should show which bodies will match the head and different bust sizes.
    As for that figure head, i don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage158 View Post
    Hi all!

Im curious if the s02 body will color match the hot toys Rey and if i need to work about any adapters for the head.
    Also is their any difference between the s02 with some random girls head or the s02a/b which is just the body?
    Just got a Phicen s02a body and it does not color match with a Hot Toys rey head, so i would skip if your going to do the s02/a body with her because her head is still too tan for the body.

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a tanner phicen body preferably with a mid bust?
    When i go shopping on eBay i'm usually finding various pictures of some nicely tanned phicens that i'd like to use but can't seem to find any being sold.

Does anyone know if this head; Phicen Skin tone help-estartek-1-6-sexy-asian-beauty-star-liu-yan-head-sculpt-12inch-phicen-verycool-jodoll-jpg_64-jpg matches the new suntan of phicen?

I don't think about a perfect match.

New suntan (like S21B / S23B) is still to "tan" for that brand of head.

Ah ok thank you.

Are all phicen's the same height? I want one for the Street Clothes that came with my ThreeZero Major from Ghost in the Shell but someone posted that the legs on a phicen are too long for the pants.

Hi there, I'm new here, probably obviously.

Anwho, I figured this was the best place to ask and I hope it is the right place. So my question is, I have a Phicen girl the PLMB2013-17 girl to be exact and sadly her body got ruined. I'd love to still do something with this gorgeous head though. So does anyone know of ANY company, Phicen or otherwise that does a 1:6 female body that would match the old Phicen Tan colour. (not the Suntan one, just the one they used to call Tan and only did a few dolls of.)

I collect Asian Ball Jointed Dolls so visible joints and things are not a bother to me. I'd love another Seamless kind of body but it's not a necessity. Just any company who has a somewhat similar/passable colour match would be great. And I know about the other Phicen bodies that do match from the few other dolls they did in this tone but unless they are the Stainless Steel framed bodies I'm not really interested and I don't know if they are or not, but I found her old Plastic skeleton body just really annoying and difficult to pose. So anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
    Last edited by ResinWraith; 07-22-2018 at 10:13.

Hello everyone.
    I looking for female head with blond hair and black hair for my S22A phicen body.
    Can anyone suggest head match with s22a skin, please ?

Quote Originally Posted by av98 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I looking for female head with blond hair and black hair for my S22A phicen body.
    Can anyone suggest head match with s22a skin, please ?
    The Super Duck Set 15 and 19 head should match a pale TBL/Phicen body. Here's a link: SUPER DUCK SET019 1/6 Nier Automata YoRHa 2B 2.0 Head Sculpt + Costume Set This one seems to be soldout here. You might find it else where. If you know how to use Taobao, you'd probably find it there at a cheaper cost than else where.

Anyone know if a phicen body would match the Mr. Toys Sexy Sniper head or the Peak Toys Natalie (PT-001) head? If so, what skin color?

Hey guys, need some help looking for a phicen body that matches skintone with these head sculpts that I recently acquired..

DS TOYS DS-005
    Phicen Skin tone help-1-6-scale-female-head-sculpt-beauty-girl-headplay-long-curly-hair-12-dstoys-jpg_640x640-jpg

DAMTOYS IDF combat intelligence collection
    Phicen Skin tone help-7804314-jpg

Thank you all for your advise and expertise.

Hello, I'm new at this hobby. I need help looking for some Caucasian/Westerner-looking head sculpts (Maybe Asian too, but please it would not be "that much Asian" looking) that match my S18A body.

I created a new thread out there, ([Need suggestion] Phicen Body with Head) I'm sorry for repeating it again but I really need help. Please!

Thank you guys!
    Last edited by ntl2309; 09-30-2018 at 13:52. Reason: Edit link

Hello everyone, I'm very new at this hobby and I need a huge help from experts: I had a custom headsculpt made in the likeness of a friend (hair still missing, will be added later) but both the bodies I purchased online (Phicen S01A and Sheena) proved either too pale or too greyish/dark for the headsculpt. For reference, this is the head sculpt I'm talking about:

Phicen Skin tone help-42574353_272042070097323_7047699294425448448_n-jpg
    Phicen Skin tone help-42596897_699083517134307_3129554278444695552_n-jpg
    Phicen Skin tone help-42558992_1925374390884736_2565366442434232320_n-jpg

And this is how she looks on top of the Phicen S01A:

Phicen Skin tone help-photo_2018-10-04_19-24-57-jpg

An utter mismatch.

My questions are the following:
    1) would it be worth a try to have either this body or the Sheena one (not pictured) "fixed" with pastel coloring to match the head or should I go for a whole different body altogether? If so, which one would you recommend (Phicen or not)? Mind you for this custom I need to have a body with either a small or medium bust.
    2) how do you "fixate" the pastel coloring onto a silicone body in a way that doesn't stain the clothes you eventually dress it with? Is there a way to do that?
    3) (OT) I've just stumbled upon Edation bodies, but the reviews I've read so far for these bodies are far from enthusiastic. This body (see below) would be perfect for this custom, but after reading the comments I'm a bit concerned it might not be as good as Phicen, while also being significantly more expensive (starting from 110$+). Do you have any experience with this kind of body? (/OT)

Phicen Skin tone help-slim-jpg

Thank you so much in advance, I have to complete this custom ASAP and I'm in dire need of help!
    Last edited by neepaulitam; 10-06-2018 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by neepaulitam View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm very new at this hobby and I need a huge help from experts: I had a custom headsculpt made in the likeness of a friend (hair still missing, will be added later) but both the bodies I purchased online (Phicen S01A and Sheena) proved either too pale or too greyish/dark for the headsculpt. For reference, this is the head sculpt I'm talking about:

An utter mismatch.

1) would it be worth a try to have either this body or the Sheena one (not pictured) "fixed" with pastel coloring to match the head or should I go for a whole different body altogether? If so, which one would you recommend (Phicen or not)? Mind you for this custom I need to have a body with either a small or medium bust.
    2) how do you "fixate" the pastel coloring onto a silicone body in a way that doesn't stain the clothes you eventually dress it with? Is there a way to do that?
    3) (OT) I've just stumbled upon Edation bodies, but the reviews I've read so far for these bodies are far from enthusiastic. This body (see below) would be perfect for this custom, but after reading the comments I'm a bit concerned it might not be as good as Phicen, while also being significantly more expensive (starting from 110$+). Do you have any experience with this kind of body? (/OT)

Thank you so much in advance, I have to complete this custom ASAP and I'm in dire need of help!
    I've had luck with Paint Pens from craft stores. I like the control and detail I can get with them. On the Phicen Vampirella dolls they had no nipples. I was able to remedy that those pens.

I had no idea about any of this. I do a lot of 3d work and I used sketch/draw a lot but stopped some time ago and want to get back into it. Someone suggested that I should use the Phicen figures as posable references. So I went to quickly research a good figure to get and ended up spending 9 hours watching and reading info about phicen figures. Well, I'm still confused to all hell, but I ordered a PLMB2017-S23B figure after struggling with the massive amount of different figure types. It doesn't come with a head or clothing which sounds a bit daunting, but there's a lot of good info at this place so I feel less anxious about it now. Though, I haven't really found much info on what HS will come close to matching the S23B besides one (GAC Toys GC006D and I'm not sure if this means all heads from this brand should be ok or not) and some of the info I did find wasn't clear enough for a novice like me to fully understand.

If it matters, I'm working on a comic and one of the frequent characters in it is an Asian character. I can get away with using a Caucasian HS and use some other reference for the face but it would be nice if I could just use the body and HS visually at the same time. Doing some searches gives me the impression that the S23B skin tone isn't exactly the most compatible with the Asian HS. Are any of the current Phicen Asian heads that are a good match for the S23B? I think I read that people sell the real Phicen heads on ebay.

I just placed the order for the figure, so I could probably cancel and change to a different skin tone if I need to, I don't think it will ship out any earlier than tomorrow night.

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme23 View Post
    Hey guys, need some help looking for a phicen body that matches skintone with these head sculpts that I recently acquired..

DS TOYS DS-005
    Phicen Skin tone help-1-6-scale-female-head-sculpt-beauty-girl-headplay-long-curly-hair-12-dstoys-jpg_640x640-jpg

DAMTOYS IDF combat intelligence collection
    Phicen Skin tone help-7804314-jpg

Thank you all for your advise and expertise.
    I have the same question. Did you figure this one out yet?
    I ordered the D005 head (the redhead in your post) and am wondering what skintone I should order for it. I did some searching, and I *think* suntan will be the safer bet. But I also read the latest Phicen bodies have a different suntan from the older ones.

So to pose a second question: How many types/shades of suntan did Phicen release? And which bodies are what specific shade of suntan?

And help will be appreciated!

OK I am very dizzy right now. As many I too have read many posts before deciding on a body pale or suntan. Can anyone make a suggestion whether suntan or pale will go with these heads?

https://i.postimg.cc/Pxjnh4rm/IMG-20190727-014236.jpg
    Brand unknown.
    https://i.postimg.cc/nL7f65ZF/IMG-20190727-014256.jpg
    Suoer Duck Heads 005

The descriptions on both read they go with "PH Pale body" whatever that means. I guess Phicen. But it kinda contradicts everything I read here. Suggesting the suntan would be better fitted for more heads. So I am not sure.
    Last edited by IMKE; 07-26-2019 at 19:05.

Is there a white or very pale Phicen body that could be used for a goth figure, I was planning on painting an older hard plastic body but an already white body would be better.

To the person who asked about using pastels on phicen/tbleage bodies, I'm not sure if there is a way to 'fix' soft/chalk pastels on the bodies, so you'd need to live with a bit of colour transfer. If there is a way to fix it, I don't know of it myself, and would be happy to be corrected in that matter.

The most reliable method I know of colouring tbleague/phicen bodies is to use oil pastels on them. Once the colouring process is completed, there is no colour transfer this way. The only downside is that one is limited to whatever colours of oil pastels are available, since blending the colours on the body is somewhat difficult, though not completely impossible. Hope that helps a bit.

Here's more discussion on the topic of colouring seamless bodies in general:

Painting seamless bodies

For the person who wanted the white body, I think Stryker mentioned in the post in the main section that the white Jiaou doll body should work ok for your goth character.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Quote Originally Posted by CosMc View Post
    Is there a white or very pale Phicen body that could be used for a goth figure, I was planning on painting an older hard plastic body but an already white body would be better.
    As best as I can tell, there are only two skin tones right now for the seamless bodies. The Jiaou Doll people seem to have the most variety.
    Last edited by maximvsv; 04-09-2020 at 10:13.

Quote Originally Posted by neepaulitam View Post

An utter mismatch.

So, this may be two years too late for you but, these should help if you are still in search of a solution. The bodies of TBLeague's seamless figures are made of a silicone. I can be stained with dye. The dye will probably find a way to percolate back out of the material, so any clothing needs an impermeable layer to keep the dye from being wicked up into it.

https://www.ehow.com/how_8629002_dye-silicone.html

Mixing Silicone Skin Tones - YouTube

Silicone Painting Tutorial: Painting With PlatSil Gel-10 - YouTube

Dye Rubber - YouTube

Staining Plastic and Rubber Parts with Fabric Dye - YouTube

Jiaou Doll bodies are made of TPE, which uses/requires a different kind of dye. There are more color choices, so you may get a better OEM result there.

Lastly, there's nothing stopping you from repainting the head to match the body that you have.
    Last edited by maximvsv; 04-09-2020 at 10:30.