Best George Washington

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Best George Washington

Best George Washington

Hi all,

My girlfriend is a huge Revolutionary War buff. She really has a thing for Washington in particular. So, I was thinking of doing diorama...but I wanted to start with George. I know SS did a Washington figure...but has anyone else? Or, does anyone sell a great Washington head?

What's the best out there?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The only other Washington I know of is Hasbro's which is very toy-like, so I'd go with SST.

As is common with SST the head could use a repaint, but even without it and thanks to the very nice outfit, it is certainly the figure to go for.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback. The clothing looked a little bulky in the pictures I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by meallen View Post
    Hi all,

My girlfriend is a huge Revolutionary War buff. She really has a thing for Washington in particular. So, I was thinking of doing diorama...but I wanted to start with George. I know SS did a Washington figure...but has anyone else? Or, does anyone sell a great Washington head?

What's the best out there?

Thanks,
    Mike
    SST's is great for Washington during the war, but Toy Presidents made a fine one of George as president, which with a little painting I think you could get away with as the earlier George. I just saw the head sculpt loose at One Sixth Depot: http://onesixthdepot.com/cart/ (page 8 of the head sculpt section).

I'm planning on getting rid of all my modern 1/6 stuff and focusing solely on Revolutionary war bashes and icons.

On a serious note, keep us posted on the project. I'd like to see a George Washington dio.
    Breaking tiny radios and sunglasses since 2006
    Sales Thread | Trade References | Want List

Quote Originally Posted by dunk_guy01 View Post
    On a serious note, keep us posted on the project. I'd like to see a George Washington dio.
    Will do. My girlfriend is trying to talk me into doing a diorama of Washington crossing the Delaware!

I tried to tell her that something like that would take the rest of my natural life to complete.

Mike

Hi, have to really agree with the SST figure as being the best. Having really just entered the fray of the American Revolution it is quite sad how little there is out there for this era. We are having to make nearly everything ourselves for any figure we want to kitbash, using parts from the SST Delaware and the British 64th.
    Now Washington crossing the Delaware that would be one cool dio !!!!

R&R
    Till the long roll summons us to Battle.....Always Mystify, Mislead and Surprise your enemy...Our Website =
    http://www.canadauk51.webs.com/

Check this out

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_MP View Post
    Howdy guys! Today I was greeted by the FedEx man and in his hands was my George Washington figure from Sideshow toys! I placed my preorder the day I found out they were making this fig and now, here he is! So I thought I'd share my excitement with you guys! Not sure how many Revolutionary War fans are out there... Oh well!

Nifty Box

Inside Panel

George in all his glory!

This uniform is INCREDIBLE! The tailoring and fabric are great, not to mention the little bits like the lace around his cuff

Rockin the pony tail. He also has removable spurs on his boots

The SST guys kept all the details on him, he's even got a soft "Pilsbury Doughboy" type belly. His white shirt is only a dickie, but still top notch detail

Stars on his shoulders (I'm planning on taking these off to fix their positioning), the gold shoulder tassels (Anyone know the proper name?) are my only complaint, they are just kind of everywhere

Black overcoat and cap. The cap is molded plastic and is quite heavy, but fits his head very well

Accessories! He comes with 2 swords, 1 sword scabbard with sword hilt for looks, 1 telescope (working! but you can't look through it) and a map of Yorktown (If it was printed on maybe a more realistic type paper, it might be a better piece, but it's just glossy paper)

A couple of "camera ....." shots

All in all, I'd say 9/10. He's an awesome figures with only minor, insignificant complaints (Unless you're a detail person like me). His headsculpt is one of the best SST's I've ever seen. Great figure, definately worth every penny and the wait time!

Sounds good. However...I'm getting red x's for all the pics.

Oops...not they're showing. Looks awesome!
    Last edited by meallen; 09-17-2008 at 07:01.