(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure Rocket Raccoon Night Light

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Rocket Raccoon Night Light

Rocket Raccoon Night Light

Bought a horrible Titan Heroes Rocket for $5 on clearance at Winners and, after my success painting Rambo (the mountain goat) I figured that I could spruce him up with a repaint. Repainted his gun thingy, too, using no reference pictures so accuracy nazi's please hold your tongues. I did use references for the raccoon part and think it turned out ok. I mounted him on a moon light thingy I got from Value Village a few years ago. The moon has a remote and lights up. It looks pretty cool in the dark.

Had a little trouble getting good pictures of my paint job but I think you get the idea. The sun moved just as I started trying to get close ups.

Oh, and my friend Marc would have filled in the seam in the gun with Crazy Glue and sanded it before he painted it. But I always seem to be in slightly too big a hurry to remember all the details.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Rocket Raccoon Night Light

Oh, this is nicely done. Apart from the limits to posability, it can easily stand in for the HT version in a display (and you could have an army of 35 of them for the same price). Nicely displayed on the Uncle Milton moon.

I bought the same figure and for the same purpose (because the HT Guardians are frankly out of reach) but haven't done much with it yet. I did a quick repaint on the gun but it looks nowhere as good as yours. As a fan of sci-fi guns, that gun alone looks like it's worth the price.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Thanks. I took the fore stock/pump off a shotgun I had to thicken up the fore grip on his gun to get him to hold it better.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Bruce Wayne likes yours better than the Hot Toys version:

The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Very nicely done.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain