Hot Toys to Australia? Best places?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hot Toys to Australia? Best places?

Question Hot Toys to Australia? Best places?

I live in Australia, where we basically have nothing at all, and what we do have are prices for early-90's DML figures that have been shelf-sitting since release for close enough to US$100.

With this in mind, I want to ask the forum of the better places to buy Hot Toys figures, a few specifcally, where I'll hopefully get least-hit for shipping.

The best places I've found so far seem to be eBay...

cheers,

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For Hot Toys military figures try www.oziegoods.com - also on eBay - http://stores.ebay.com/Oziegoods

Yeah I'm in SA. It's next to impossible to get HT figures. Oziegoods is okay but customer service is a little slow.
    I have bought from an ebay member before assultrabbit, good prices.
    Either way good luck.
    I'm only purchasing hot toys now and other bits and pieces.
    'Good people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men are prepared to do violence on their behalf'

George Orwell

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have brought from Rod at Oziegoods for a number of years and never had any problems. He also attends the Parramatta Collectors fair in Sydney if anyone is in the Sydney area. If you email him he can let you know what he has in stock and what he has on order.
    Apart from him there is only ebay from Hong Kong.

I regularly buy from Rod too but I believe his 1:1 work has kept him busy just lately, more like the 1:6 shop is a side deal I'm sure.
    That's why comms may a bit slow.
    Last edited by Austeyr; 07-26-2008 at 02:50.
    'Good people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men are prepared to do violence on their behalf'

George Orwell

I ordered from oziegoods once recently and his email replies were fast right up till I paid, when he suddenly stopped replying to emails for a week. Got his number off eBay and rang him where he answered and gave me the usual "I've been sick" sob story and promised to ship in a day or two. He did say "oh I'm sorry I havent answered your emails" which also means he had seen them but couldnt be bothered to send me a 10-word "sorry mate, will send it soon" reply after over a week of dead silence and a couple of emails.

Sick or not, that's BS. Especially if you're at home and taking phone calls from strangers.

He did ship soon after, but it also turned out that he charged me basically double what the shipping cost him. Nice.

So after all that I'm not exactly keen to give him any more of my money. I don't appreciate being screwed around. He's only got 1 of the HT figures I'm after anyway.

I usually get mine overseas from Cotswold or Monkey Dep, it tends to work out cheaper.
    Theres a Toyworld in Brisbane that gets some pieces (AVP etc) but there about $280.
    Casefresh is about the same, but with free shipping over $80, and the occasional clearance sale its probably the best in Australia. Military stuff? Don't know. And Oziegoods...well last resort.

If anyone is ever interested in the 3R Japanese Imperial Army figure and is in Australia please let me know, I would like to look in to how much it is to purchase a box of them.
    Last edited by Austeyr; 07-26-2008 at 02:56.

George Orwell

I usually go through ebay myself, if i can't find the figs I want for a bargain price then I head over to goodstufftogo.net I find their shipping to be quite reasonable, as for Ebay someone mentioned assultrabbit, I got stuff from him before and I think he's one of the cheapest shipping wise on ebay for HT

Given the prices out there for HT full figures in the US, I might just grab my top most wanted from the various HK/China ebay sellers while they're still around.

I've bookmarked a few of the parts sites and will try them out over the next few paydays. I got a ton of parts last pay from an eBay place and they cut a huge chunk off their +$2/item ship rate and sent the boxes EMS to boot. Might make a small HT parts order with onesixthmart this week since they got a good review here, if they reply to my email within a couple of days.

Stick with Ebay mate - a lot faster and a lot cheaper.. I find there are some greak Hong kong sellers.

For HT boxed figures, my experience is that Assultrabbit on ebay is probably the best overall when considering availability vs shipping cost vs purchase price.
    I've bought about 5 boxed figures from him and turnaround to Sydney is usually less than a week.
    He also tends to only put figures up for sale once they are in stock so there is no nervous pre-order waiting period (like most OSW readers are currently experiencing on their HT Dark Kight pre-orders).
    I've only bought one boxed HT figure from Ozziegoods, but wasn't impressed with the doubled postage cost and there was no packing in the postpack (creased/dented box arrived, no damage to figure but not happy).
    There we go...it's taken me about 4 years to respond on a forum...glad I got the first post over with

You and I my friend are between a rock and a hard place. My advice is don't buy everything, just want you know will retain it's value, not to flip , but justify the shipping costs to us in Australia... Hong Kong ebay-ers... That's all you need to know... The cheapest shipping costs and the fastest delivery. Also Sideshow Collectibles isn't a bad option, with their rewards point system is very good! I just got a $45.95USD discount on the new HT Iron Mark Mk III figure from them... You get 20 points per $1.00USD you spend with them! It all adds up! Plus if you have a couple of orders shipping a round the same time, they group them to save you shipping costs. Usually they do it without asking for it.

Just don't buy local, at retail... Day-Light robbery!!!
    And that's the way the Cookie crumbles!!!!:o
    See My WIP Custom Christopher Reeve here

As for me I usually grab my stuff from ebay..And Assaultrabbit is a fast shipper in deed.

Quote Originally Posted by grangewallis View Post
    You and I my friend are between a rock and a hard place. My advice is don't buy everything, just want you know will retain it's value, not to flip , but justify the shipping costs to us in Australia... Hong Kong ebay-ers... That's all you need to know... The cheapest shipping costs and the fastest delivery. Also Sideshow Collectibles isn't a bad option, with their rewards point system is very good! I just got a $45.95USD discount on the new HT Iron Mark Mk III figure from them... You get 20 points per $1.00USD you spend with them! It all adds up! Plus if you have a couple of orders shipping a round the same time, they group them to save you shipping costs. Usually they do it without asking for it.

Just don't buy local, at retail... Day-Light robbery!!!
    No worries on buying everything. There are 3 HT military figs I really want (definates), maybe 2-3 others which are maybies (might possibly get 1 or 2, unlikely to get all 3) and then there's the weapon set 4, and probably a Predator and Iron Man down the line and possibly a Jack Sparrow for Le Wife. Even that lot without the maybies is a small fortune compared to actual useful things I could put the money to. So I'll have to space them out somewhat.

Thanks to all who've recommended assaultrabbit, the only HT thing he has of interest to me atm is the Wolf Predator, so in a few weeks when I might have money for one, I'll compare his overall costs to others and work it out since his base price is a little higher than other sellers. If he relists one, that is. I'll keep an eye on his store though.

cheers,

Id have to say as far as Hot toys in Australia, Oziegoods is your best bet. I've bought off Rod a number of times and have never had a problem. here in Sydney, for example, he's the only one that carries hot toys in large number, I've seen Hot toys stuff in a few comic stores but they are waaaay over priced and they might only have 1-2 figures.

I've just ordered one HT fig from him, as he's probably the easiest place to get that particular fig from (and a decent price compared to others). I'll see how he goes. If he delivers promptly, I'll let the forum know.

If he screws me around again, I'll let the forum know that as well, and give him 2x negative feedback for this figure and the last one. Frankly, he deserves neg for the last one, but I held off giving any, both to give him the benefit of the doubt about him being sick and as a "just in case" it came to me buying the fig from him that I've just ordered.

Ball's in his court now.

As for the other couple of current figs, there's a HK seller which seems to be about as good as the HK mob gets, which is okay I guess.. I'm waiting on one US seller who I've used several times to see if they can get stock, as I like to be somewhat loyal to those who treat me well as long as it's not going to cost me a bunch of extra dollars.

New to the forums 16 scale? I'm surprised you haven't shared your views on oziegoods sooner? anyways welcome.
    Last edited by Gamilaroi; 07-30-2008 at 06:12.

I've spent a couple of years lurking on here and really just have the account to view pictures in threads where you need to log in to see them. however, I thought I would share my opinion as far as my experiences go buying Hot toys in Australia.

Well, in the end, Rod got in contact with me after seeing this thread and apologised for some miscommunicaton both on the last transaction and on this HT figure, and offered to make it right by sending the figure express paying the difference himself, which he did. All in all, we're now quid pro quo on the shipping costs.

At this point, if he's competitive with HK sellers on whatever comes out that I actually want to buy, I've got no reason not to buy from him, so likely I will do so again.

Sorry, a little off topic but does anyone know what has happened to the oziegoods site, can't even get a page to come up. I placed an order on Thursday, didn't hear anything, then rang Rod yesterday and he was a little vague as to the order so I don't know whether to send the money or not, also bought something from his ebay store and haven't heard anything there either.

The site looks very out of date, particularly in the prices for $US/$AU. Not sure what the story is there.

Hey guys,

Just thought I would add my 2 cents, I work for Rod, for Oziegoods. At the moment I have currently been helping him out here and there for about 9 months. The Site at the moment needs updating and to be redesigned, which will happen soon. If theres anything Hot Toys you guys need let either me or Rod know and we will see how we can help you.

sorry for going off topic

Regards,
    Mike

Rod and I tried to work together, tried and failed. Think it's a distance thing lol.

George Orwell