quick vietnam kitbash question.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: quick vietnam kitbash question.

quick vietnam kitbash question.

I know SEALs in vietnam used AKs and other captured weapons. Has anyone ever heard of one using a dragunov sniper like the one produced by hot toys?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not sure, but I doubt the VC where the SEALs were operating were that well armed that they had the latest and greatest of Soviet Weaponry. Sure, some later NVA units may have had a Dragunov, but I dunno, I feel like if a VC was to have a sniper rifle, itd be a scoped moison nagant. But who knows, its VN, anything goes...
    Never get off the boat

Although there could have been an exception it is doubtful that a VC would have a Dragunov, NVA probably since the North's suppliers, the Soviets and the Chinese, did used them from about the mid-1960's. Here's a good site that has a pretty comprehensive list of the weapons you'd find in the hands of the VC: http://www.skysoldier17.com/vc_weapons.htm. Those would be the weapons most likely to come into the hands of SEALS.

Another thing that would make it less probable is it's value. It's a beautiful sniper weapon, snipers and their weapons rarely fall into the hands of the enemy. A weapon like that wouldn't just be left on the battlefield if there was anyone alive to cart it off.