1/6 stores in Tokyo and Seoul

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 stores in Tokyo and Seoul

1/6 stores in Tokyo and Seoul

Hi,

I'll be leaving for Tokyo and Seoul next week and was wondering if anyone has some tips on which stores to visit. I will check out Toy Sapiens and the Giant Gundam statue for sure, but other than that - I'm not sure where to look.
    After Tokyo, I'll be heading for Seoul - and that's completely new for me when it comes to 1/6 stores.

Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 stores in Tokyo and Seoul

You need to head out to Akihabara in Tokyo. Its the Electronic & Toy district of Tokyo. You can easily get overwhelmed by the sheer options of Toy/book and hobby stores.

I suggest you check out "Yellow Submarine" 5+ levels of toys, anime etc. Each floor seems to specialize in a specific Genre off Toys. I believe the fourth floor was all 1/6th scale toys, anime and mechs. There are two Yellow Submarine stores, one specializes in Military Models and books and the other had the 1/6th items.

Also Check out Mandrake for sure...I nearly geeked out walking into this store. These two stores alone can suck up all your time. Enjoy!

Pzr2014Faust

What are you looking for? Loose, boxed? Give me a message and I will show you some stores in Seoul. If you would like to meet up, I can show you one of the stores I go to frequently. I would not get boxed figure, as you can buy them cheaper in the states for like $20~50.
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the great tips guys! Panzer, I will definatly go to the Akihabara district, it sounds really awesome. And for sure I'll check out Yellw Submarine and Mandrake. So easy to geek out!

Davinator, I'll send you a message. I'm really not to sure what to expect. But I guess loose parts if the boxed are cheaper here in the states. Can't wait to visit Seoul and explore the place!

1. The largest figure shop in Tokyo
    Uchusen
    Akihabara Radiokaikan
    Akihabara Radiokaikan 5F
    1-15-16 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo101-0021
    TEL:03-3258-8031
    Mon~Sun [Open]10:00~20:00
    closed irregularly
    ????TOYS&FIGURES
    On line shop
    ????TOYS&FIGURES

2.Second 1/6 figure shop(NO.1 GI.Joe shop)
    Joke Shop
    Address:1/F Ikeda Industrial Bldg. 3-2-8 Taihei Sumida-ku Tokyo JAPAN
    Open:[Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 11:00-22:00] [Wed, Sat, Sun, PH 11:00-20:00]
    http://www.jokeshop.co.jp/original2.html

3 The largest toy shop in Tokyo
    KIDDY LAND - Harajuku
    6-1-9 Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
    TEL:03-3409-3431
    Monday~Friday:[Open] 11:00-21:00,
    Saturday, Sunday, and holiday:[Open] 10:30-21:00,
    closed irregularly
    KIDDY LAND: Store information (Harajuku, Venus Fort, Osaka)

Have a nice trip!
    Last edited by Hiroya Nakano; 02-16-2015 at 18:38.

Excellent info! Thanks for sharing, now just got to plan a trip and spend a few extra days, like when I first got into 1/6th hobby, when I could hunt around and have fun.

Once I get a trip, I may come back and ask for help to find these locations....again thank you

THERE ARE SOME PRETTY GOOD DEALS. EVEN BETTER THAN STATE SIDE. NOW THE ADDRESSES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE - RIGHT NEXT TO THESE LETTERS: 주소. SAME WITH THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS - NEXT TO THESE LETTERS: 전화. 02 IS FOR SEOUL, SO IF YOU WILL BE STAYING IN SEOUL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIAL "02."

BOXED & LOOSE
    ADDBLUE (Loose)
    ????? ?? ?? ?????. (Loose)
    ::: ?? - eFigure ::: (Loose)
    ????? ??? ?????.! (Loose)
    ???? - ??? ????? ?? ?? ?????! (Loose)

I THINK THESE ARE NOT GOOD BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT UNDATED THEIR SITE FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND I HAVE NOT VISITED THESE STORES FOR QUITE SOME TIME.
    YENTOWN & NECO (Loose)
    마이크로매니아 - m i c r o m a n i a (Loose)

BOXED ONLY
    ????-?Premium collection for collectors?12?? ???,???,????? ?????,?????
    스폰클럽 Maniac figure zone
    ??!?????!-TOY PARADISE
    ??? ??? - ???, ????, ???, ????, ????
    ?????
    ????? ??? 3P CASE? ???? ?????.??
    ????? ???~ ?????!!
    NOT IN SEOUL, BUT CLOSE
    ????? ??? ?? ???!
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Hi guys, thanks for all the great tips. Waiting at airport to catch the flight to tokyo! I'm so excited to visit Japan and Korea, and definatly check out the stores you guys mentioned.

Hiroya and Davinator, thanks for providing so much info on store locations and contact details. My contact in Japan already told me she would take us to some places.

Thanks!!

Welcome to Japan!
    And I hope that you will enjoy your trip!

I'm book marking this thread. Great info for my November trip to Tokyo.
    you were comrades true and indivisible

I'm here in Akihabara scrounging. Got me a Medicom Attack on Titan for $138 which currently sells at $274 CONUS. Two days ago I missed out on a $82 deal for the same figure when it was on sale. I feel like a kid again. Come visit when you get the chance.

What about the Kyoto/Osaka region? West side, anything interesting there?

Went to Akihabara again and finally visited Uchusen. It has a few 1/6 offerings which are cheaper than online stores. The DAM Toys Russian Airborne is 12800 about $103.5 according to Mr Google. Even HT Jor-El is about the same price or slightly higher if I recall correctly. From the 5th floor upwards, they have stores selling Japanese figures, trading cards, airsoft stuff, scale models, Obitsu dolls, Gundam models, and so much more. A few steps from this building is another 7-storey figure shop named Volks Akihabara Hobby Paradise that offers pretty much the same thing, but the 1/6 offering is limited to a single shelf with only a few figures. On the first deck there are a few Soldier Story figures whose prices are about 12000. I'll post an update if I ever decide to stop by the other store in Sumida.

良い旅行をすごしてね!

Spend at least a day in Akihabara, you'll need it to get some decent exploring in. Definitely find the Akihabara Kotobukiya location, amazing stuff but the prices might leave you speechless as well. 高いよ。Find the @Home Maid Cafe in Akihabara for some kawaii food and an experience you won't forget, skip the rest and go to the best.

気をつけて!

Check out Nakano Broadway mall. The used toys chain "Mandarake" has multiple stores in this building, each one specializing in a different obsession. At least one of the stores is totally dedicated to 1/6 figures. You can find some deals and unusual stuff.

The rest of the mall also has numerous independent retailers that sell otaku goods incl airsoft gear that looks like Resident Evil/Bio Hazard equipment. I spontaneously turned into a Godzilla collector after browsing through this mall. The stuff was too cool to pass up.

Overall, I had a better experience at Nakano than in Akiba. Nakano is big enough to have tons of variety & stock, but it's all concentrated in one building making it easier to browse. The prices are also slightly slightly cheaper than Akiba.
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Ipkevin View Post
    Check out Nakano Broadway mall. The used toys chain "Mandarake" has multiple stores in this building, each one specializing in a different obsession. At least one of the stores is totally dedicated to 1/6 figures. You can find some deals and unusual stuff.

The rest of the mall also has numerous independent retailers that sell otaku goods incl airsoft gear that looks like Resident Evil/Bio Hazard equipment. I spontaneously turned into a Godzilla collector after browsing through this mall. The stuff was too cool to pass up.

Overall, I had a better experience at Nakano than in Akiba. Nakano is big enough to have tons of variety & stock, but it's all concentrated in one building making it easier to browse. The prices are also slightly slightly cheaper than Akiba.
    Thanks for the tip! I may stop by later and check them out.

I went to Nakano Broadway awhile ago, and just like what Zombie Ipkevin said, there are other stores that sell various kinds of collectibles. I checked out "Mandarake 17", one out of the 26 atalls it has. The 1/6 selection as of this post is not extensive, although they carry more Hot Toys fogures than the other stores I've been to. Of note, I saw an Enterbay Samanosuke Akechi from Onimusha 3: Demon Siege for about $145, which I believe is cheap. They also carry about 4-5 HT Captain America figures priced between 18000-22000.

This is the map I got from one of the Mandarake staff, showing all their stores in the building.

Some steps away from Mandarake 17 is a military surplus store called Lazy Cat that sells Toy Soldiers figures and loose items.

I wasn't able to fully explore the mall, however.
    Last edited by santopapa; 05-28-2015 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator65 View Post
    What are you looking for? Loose, boxed? Give me a message and I will show you some stores in Seoul. If you would like to meet up, I can show you one of the stores I go to frequently. I would not get boxed figure, as you can buy them cheaper in the states for like $20~50.
    Hi Davinator65
    Next week I will go to Seoul so can you give me some info where buying 1/6 figures loose and boxed?
    Are u in Seoul ?I can buy there the Fullmetal stuff directly from you?
    Thanks a lot

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Looks like most of the info is posted already, but regarding Osaka there are some stores, in particular Jungle and Hero Gangu that are great to browse and both are in the same general area surrounded by stores selling all sorts of toys! If in Akihabara be sure to check down side-streets and in tall buildings as there is always something you would otherwise miss. The RadioKaikan building had some great stores and so be sure to check every floor.

Mandarake stores can be found in most cities but the best stores IMO are the ones in Tokyo and Osaka.

I am not really much additional help, but Been to Akihabara once. Lots of 1/6 scale products, figurines and stuff. Don't remember any store names. Experiencing Akihabara was mostly a blur. If in Tokyo, best to write down names of places and experiences. Some areas of Tokyo can be a bit disorienting.

Heading to Japan next week! Looking for particularly WW2 loose german uniforms, do the stores sells 1/6 accessories? (eg. Alert Line , Toyscity)

Yellow Submarine should have some loose items. I was in Mandarake in Akihabara last year and was disappointed. I didn't feel they had a large 1/6 military selection to choose from. 8-yrs ago I was able to spot plenty of 1/6 military items loose and boxed for a great price (used). Good Luck!