Marine Helmets (marpat)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Marine Helmets (marpat)

Marine Helmets (marpat)

Hey guys, I just have a few questions about Helmets that I've seen in a bunch of bashes around here, they are desert marpat helmets with A metalic thing (I don't know what it is) that goes through the center of the helmet to meet at the front. Now I don't know what brand it is, and I can't find it anywhere.

Does anybody know where I can find it? (loose, and possibly a uniform to go with it)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The only company that made that version of the Marine helmet is Hot Toys. I'm not 100% sure what figure is was from. I'm someone else will know.

Came out a while ago, though, so it might not be too easy to track down. I think the figure also came with a MARPAT uni to match. Not sure how accurate HT's MARPAT pattern is, though.

Since there aren't many US dealers who break down HT stuff, your best bet to find it is on ebay.
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Are you referring to the tensioned strap that holds the NVG mount on the helmet? If so, you can find just the strap and mount loose and put it on whatever MARPAT helmet you can find.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is this what you mean?

If so, that's a mount for night vision devices like the AN-PVS 14.

Most troops forward deployed would detach the mount from the strap and just screw it into the helmet. The helmets all have a screw right in front to accommodate this.

If you mean the side mounts or clips that hold the buckles together, HT is the only one to produce them, and it came with the marine saw gunner.