World War Z Groupbash - Total War

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: World War Z Groupbash - Total War

World War Z Groupbash - Total War

Ok well here goes. You'll have to excuse any errors since i came back from nightshift ^^

Overall (taken from Wiki)
    Taking place in the 2010s, the book charts a war against the undead from global pandemic to mass panic, and then to an armed struggle to reclaim the planet. Rather than a grand overview or a single perspective, World War Z is instead a collection of individual accounts, each revealing an aspect of the larger plot and simultaneously presenting a very personal tale. These different accounts take the form of interviews. The book draws from post-apocalyptic and zombie literature. "The Great Panic" chapter describes the rout of civilization in a similar manner to H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds. The tales cover many genres -- the story of a Chinese admiral who spent the war on a submarine would fit easily among techno-thrillers. The viewpoint is not exclusively American, but focuses on the global nature of the struggle. This use of small personal tales creates a patchwork tapestry of the larger events unfolding in the book. Brooks addresses current issues such as environmentalism, the War on Terrorism and international health care. He also offers an interesting juxtaposition between the modern world and that of postwar Earth. For example, Cuba becomes the world's leading economy, Great Britain becomes a major producer of oil, Russia becomes a religious theocracy, and Tibet becomes the most populous country. It is implied that tribal groups such as South American Indians, Zulu of Southern Africa and Māori of New Zealand fared well in comparison to other fighting forces. One character relates an anecdote about how 500 Māori took on half of the Auckland horde, using traditional tribal weapons, and fared much better than the world's various military forces or Western civilians.
    Which is basically what i think we should do as well, with each bash we show a small piece of the big picture, an individual Account of one person (or a small group) either before the Great Panic or during the Zombie Wars.

The (fictional) timeline, assuming the release date of the book is shortly before the outbreak of the Virus Solanum, would be:
    End of 2006, first Outbreak in Asia, near the Village of New Dachang
    The Virus spread, and Authorities are unable to contain it, a coverup just worked for a while and soon it was all over Japan, China, Tibet, and not too long ago, probably just a few month later it reached the Easter Block States, Russia and then Europe and England.
    Finally the United States got their first cases or reanimated Corpses.

See http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/ for Map and more Backround Info.

The possible bashes would be:
    Regular Soldier: Whichever country you like since the whole planet was in active combat after the great panic. (Regular Modern Gear)

After Panic Soldier: Navy Blue BDUs (or other matching single color bdu) , light gear, SIR (Standard Infantry Rifle, a US Made Steel/Wood Construction in Long, Standard and Short Barrel Configuration, since Plastic/Composite Constructions were too difficult to produce) and the USMC Invention "Combat Infantry Entrenching Tool (The Lobotomizer/Lobo, a E-Tool/Battle Axe Contruction, with a fairly long grip made out of recycled steel)

Civilian: Regular Civilian, lighty armed, maybe on a bike, Camping type of guy

Newsreporter: Well somebody from the news, camera man, news anchor

Doctors: Red Cross personel, regular doctors, Navy Corpsmen...

LMO: Last Men on Earth, basically a civilian gone a bit loco, well armed, think "Burt Gummer"

Feral: Youth/Teenager who lost his parents, went back to a more primal state, maybe war paint in his face? blunt weapons? (dont recall the exact description anymore, somebody has the book?)

Quizzling (sic): Regular Human/Civie who acts and walks like a zombie, trying to adapt to the zombies hoping their lives would be spared by the zombies

Neighboorhood Patrol (anybody got the exact term?) : After Panic Civilian, helping out the police, watching their Neighbourhood, armed with a blunt weapon or small arms, wearing orange vest.

Memorable Places would be:
    Battle of Yonkers, a huge fight between the US Army and an Army of Zombies with media folk all around, ended with a thermobaric bomb

Siege of Hamburg, a small group of german soldiers along with several hundreds civilians hiding out in a hotel, surrounded by the undead until the soldiers were ordered to retreat to schleswig holstein

(id appreciate it if you can refresh my memory on the significance of the Rocky Mountains, Cuba and the other places i forgot, sorry cant think straigt right now =( )

Each bash should contain a description of the person it represents, and it should fit somewhere in the Storyline. To the guys who read the book, please feel free to PM me, and i add anything you think i might have forgotten that might be important, and if anybody wants to participate who hasnt read the book or heard the audio version, feel free to ask. Id say official start it now, and End is 1st July.
    Once we are done ill see what i can do any start up photoshop =)
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

newbie is offline Français par le sang vers
    Interesting, my pick would be the Last Men on Earth theme, a heavily armed dude who stands tall among the zombies but here's a totally noob question and i apologise in advance if it sounds stupid..

As i have never read the book or the audio version, does my character have to be someone as stated in any of the tales or is the character is made up on my own imagination but fits in the story?
    ' Poor is the man who lived his life according to the opinions of others '

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most of them were just described as a group, not individually (I think- haven't read the book in a long time). They were heavily armed, lived in fortified locations, and were very territorial, shooting basically at anything that moves. I think I'm going to try to do one of them for this bash, I loved the book.

Newbie:
    World War Z is a collection of interviews put in book form.(Think of the old WW2 news clips where they had short blurbs about this and that battle and show it from the ground, air, and sea if you understand what I mean) So it does and doesn't read as a normal book, but it does have a time line that it does follow; of the first reported out break, the mass panic and he colapse of the modern world. So your figure will fit right in to the story line.
    "Overkill is underrated"

Quote Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
    Newbie:
    World War Z is a collection of interviews put in book form.(Think of the old WW2 news clips where they had short blurbs about this and that battle and show it from the ground, air, and sea if you understand what I mean) So it does and doesn't read as a normal book, but it does have a time line that it does follow; of the first reported out break, the mass panic and he colapse of the modern world. So your figure will fit right in to the story line.
    Thanks for clearing that up, i guess i can start working on the character developement and on the figure itself..seemed like fun..

The guys in Hamburg in the APC, KSK bash for sure.

One of the coolest characters in the book is the downed pilot who makes her way through the wilderness.

Then there's the African Special Forces team who grab the Professor with the zombie solution.

Possibilities are endless.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

The signifigance of the the Rocky Mountains was the American Horde had problems crossing them due tot he terrain, it was a natural east/west barrier.

Another thing that could be done, the one that really got me, was the Female pilot that crashed in the swamp and had to make her way to an elevated freeway to get picked up by the chopper to get away from the horde... As Kuroi said above
    Last edited by wisesky; 05-30-2008 at 11:14. Reason: beaten to the punch

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post
    The guys in Hamburg in the APC, KSK bash for sure.

One of the coolest characters in the book is the downed pilot who makes her way through the wilderness.

Then there's the African Special Forces team who grab the Professor with the zombie solution.

Possibilities are endless.

And once in bed i remembered i definetly forgot the "Alpha Teams" who were part of Phase 1 in Paul Redeckers Plan.
    I really didnt see the significance of their small operations, but id picture it like that:
    A SF Team fastropes/HALOs into a Zombie Infested area, secures a fortifiable (is that a word? a building they can easily defend) and from there starts Combat Search and Rescue Operations as well as Training the Rescued Civilians.
    Which would explain some of the Blue Zones where civilians where fairly secure.

I think I'm gonna try a Last Man and maybe one of the pmc's that were guarding the mansion.

Hells Half Acre,Texas now at Ft. Bragg, NC

Personally, im gonna go for a LMO, Alpha Team Soldier, Army Group Center USMC and if i find time a Newsreporter.

I have not read the book so I may be a little late in the game - I want to read this before or while I make my bash.

I was looking for info on line and found this (if you go to the map you can click on different areas and get short audio stories) http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

There is a WWZ Art contest on the site as well. If you click on the link there is an image of 3 soldiers taking on some Zombies - I think I have those soldier's look covered with out having to try to hard. I think I'd like to take on a civilian as well though.
    got privilege?

I think those who are planning to do a civilian/PMC/lone soldier, etc. should try to create their own personal character and backstory. Some bashes (like mine) might come out looking like a generic operator or civilian, and their own character traits and story will put them in the whol WWZverse and make everything more believable. Just a thought, this really sounds like a great idea. I need to find and read that book again.

Some fun WWZ "unofficial" trailers over on Youtube. They look to be taking a bite from every Zombie film made in the last 10 years.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CaATsdCS0&feature=related"]YouTube - World War Z Trailer[/ame]
    got privilege?

im working on stuff as i type

First bash I would like to use three soldiers or a well armed group of men. I have three guys who would fit and they have a vehicle. Would that work for something?

Weird timing. I recently saw "Diary of the Dead" and that made me want to read WWZ again.

I m definitely in for the lone man on earth, heavily armed dude bash, will work on the character developement as well..

I've got my concept and need to refine the bashes.
    The concept is:
    A government retrival team sent out to capture "The Package". They wear black kit. They are using a modified HUMVEE with many weapons for trading with survivors. They have weapons ranging from MP5SDs to Javelin missles.

"Commander" Shepard is a former Delta Force operator who is now working for Black Bear Private Contractors, Inc.
    "Bill" is former US Secret Service who went PMC for a few years until being picked up by Black Bear prior to WWZ.

They were hired by the US Government to retrieve "The Package". "The Package" contains documents and testing supplies for a possible solution to Virus Solanum.

I skimmed through the book again between classes and if anyone's planning on a after panic soldier the descritpion of the after panic bdus sound like the SAS ones. Navy blue swat style uniform with a optional hood or gloves.

Exclamation

My Surviors are based on the Survival Guide / WWZ

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ght=zombies%21

especially the "Kid"

Been reading the book, I have some great ideas - some funny some not so funny.

Battle of Yonkers - I have the desert patten Chemical Warfare suit and body armor so I may go that way (troops and armor just back from Iraq).

The PMC protecting the Celebes on Long Island - the bit about the bozo on roller blades carrying a hockey stick with a meat cleaver strapped to it was just to damn funny. I am inspired to make him.
    got privilege?