new Sideshow bodies question

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: new Sideshow bodies question

new Sideshow bodies question

I was on ebay looking for a few sideshow nudes (their my prefered body to use) and I mostly saw the new bodies, I dont have any of these types of bodies and I was wondering if the older sideshow and dragon heas would fit these bodies?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Which new bodies? They have a new very nice body coming on the market soon with the release of Indy but that body is not out yet. Also... don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to sound mean but... why is the Sideshow Buck your favorite? I just ask because I have never been happy with it and am ready and willing to hear it's good points in comparison to other common body types (Dragon (Neo-Neo3), BBI (G1-G3.5), DML, Hot Toys, ACE, Takara, etc).

these are the bodies I was talking about

The reason I prefer these bodies is that Ive just found them very dependable, the joints are never really that loose, their sturdy, I can acomplsih almost any pose with them (only exception would be a good prone fireing position), their kneeling poses are allot better then dragons or DiD's (dont get me wrong, I like those companies also), and the poses just seem easier to acomplish with a SS body instead of any other companies. Those and I kinda have a soft spot for SS since they were my 1st "seriouse" figure that I bought lol

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Fair enough, the reason I don't like SS bodies is mostly due to their very inaccurate anatomy. To my eye they never pose naturally either, which is a bit of a bother. I'm comparing them to ACE/Hot Toys bodies though and I think to a certain extent Dragon/DiD/BBI have similar issues to the Sideshow Buck. Ace and Hot Toys bodies aren't cheap though, which I know can be a big turn off for some people.

So are you talking about the different between the connector at the base of the head versus the connector at the base of the neck? I have only had experience swapping Sideshow bodies out for other bodies, not the other way around.

I can tell you though with a little work the seperate BBI/ACE necks work with the attach at the chin line variety of Sideshow heads and that the BBI/Hot Toys style at the base of the neck connectors work with the other type. So I would think things might work the other way around.