【FBI's Angle】Fewture & DID-《Fringe》OliviaWarren

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 【FBI's Angle】Fewture & DID-《Fringe》OliviaWarren

【FBI's Angle】Fewture & DID-《Fringe》OliviaWarren

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: [FBI's Angle]Fewture & DID-《Fringe》OliviaWarren

Actually, the character on "Fringe" is called Olivia Dunham, not Olivia Warren.

David
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

Re: 【FBI's Angle】Fewture & DID-《Fringe》OliviaWarren

Nice pictures.
    How much articulation is there in the DID-female body's legs? Could you post some pictures?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talk about completely missing the mark in terms of likeness (head sculpt).

The body appears to resemble the female HT TT appearance/design with differences.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    Talk about completely missing the mark in terms of likeness (head sculpt).
    Yup - must be some kind of record when it comes to making named characters - and in this case, they didn't even get the last name right... That's most noticable with Not-Our-Olivia however.

That said, the sculpt is nice as it is, just not as Olivia Dunham.

Quote Originally Posted by markaus01 View Post
    Nice pictures.
    How much articulation is there in the DID-female body's legs? Could you post some pictures?
    I know because I had to get the whole set for the one gun! LOL! No articulation in the legs! They bend with your hands on them and move straight back when your hands are off. In other words, "they suck." LOL!

And why the thread on this? This figure came out a while back...
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator65 View Post
    I know because I had to get the whole set for the one gun! LOL! No articulation in the legs! They bend with your hands on them and move straight back when your hands are off. In other words, "they suck." LOL!

--

WELL . . .

1. For starters, you at least publicly admitted in buying the set just for the one gun.

2. I don't believe that there has been pictures of the body posted within the OSW since the figure came out; therefore, the thread addressed a curiosity about the figure.

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

I guess we now know what type of body that new upcoming DID female WW II German communications secretary will have?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

WELL . . .

1. For starters, you at least publicly admitted in buying the set just for the one gun.

LOL! Got about 65~70% of the money back thru ebay. By the time I sell the rest of the figure minus one gun...I should get all my money back and then some...a little some.

I actually like these but could not justify the cost for all 3. Instead I did what I usually do I bought the heads for cheap during one of the Black Friday sales and have slowly started to put them together. I have my walter on a modified DAM body as it is shorter then the DID body and walter is a bit shorter then peter in real life to it looks a whole lot better.

For Olivia I have her on a Cy girl 2.0 body which works so much better in the "bum" department as she has a nice you know what in real life and the DID body just looked bad in the promo pics.

So far I am about 70% complete and have only spend a fraction of the price...
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Terrible sculpt, but, the body is interesting as nude DID bodies can be found quite cheaply.

CHEERS!

I was surprised that there have been no posts up until now, as the figures have been out over a month now. I like all three of them, but they have been put on back burner until I sort out some things.

Looks to be an OK set. I have the pistols coming.

The head is off quite a bit on this one, as far as the likeness is concerned, but still looks pretty good. I was tempted to get the set as well, because I like the show, and could repurpose some of the stuff. Nice that you get 2 heads and 2 outfits. You almost need to get 2 sets to have the different versions, which would give you spare guns as well. Then just flog off the extra stuff. Or build the second, which could cost quite a bit in loose parts.

I for one had not seen any in hand photos of Olivia-not-really-Olivia. Great to see them and also get a look at the body used.

I've been very interested in this figure, and have actually had it in a "shopping cart" several times before backing out.

I'm not the target audience for any figure that's supposed to look like a movie/TV show/game character or this week's celeb. This is why I really like it when the sculpts don't look exactly like who they're intended to be. To my eye, this is a really nice looking figure, at least the sculpt is.

For the price, DID could've sourced a much nicer body. I've never been a fan of the HT TT female body, and this one is even worse. No knee articulation- seriously? It's nice to know the sculpt will fit on a CG body. So, for $150, I'll have to swap the body...

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthwarrior View Post
    For the price, DID could've sourced a much nicer body. I've never been a fan of the HT TT female body, and this one is even worse. No knee articulation- seriously?
    I think it has rubber legs so it still has knee articulation. Can anyone confirm?

My comment is based on post #6, a member who owns this figure. Maybe there's a flaw in both knees of his figure.

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthwarrior View Post
    My comment is based on post #6, a member who owns this figure. Maybe there's a flaw in both knees of his figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by PemGreene View Post
    I think it has rubber legs so it still has knee articulation. Can anyone confirm?
    Josh, you did not read my thread? No art. in the knee caps. They bend when you bend them, then pop back to its orginial position when you let go. That is why all the pics you see of her are in the standing up position. None in the sitting position.

David, Thanks, for the information on the articulation, or lack thereof, in the legs.

Goddammit...

No articualation in the knees
    Let me repeat that:

No articualation in the knees
    Which means that the body is pretty much useless as anything but a statue. Heck, even Barbie has knee articulation!

I for one is happy to learn this - I wouldn't buy the figure as-is, but I was thinking about at least getting the nude since even if (or because of rather) the likness is way off, but now I think I'm down to just the sculpt.

Where is Triad when you need them?