Action Cape Dark Knight/Medicom Kamen Riders reviews

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Action Cape Dark Knight/Medicom Kamen Riders reviews

Action Cape Dark Knight/Medicom Kamen Riders reviews

More big movie figures this week - both because their big movies, and because their big figures! Tonight I'm looking at the Dark Knight version of the Action Cape Batman, which towers in there around 13". I usually hate action features, but I have to admit that this one is one of the best I've seen in ages. Unlike the first Action Cape Batman (based on Batman Begins), this one doesn't really have a cape, but something more like wings. And not only do they snap out with authority, they roll back in mechanically with a nicely engineered feature.

I also have a guest review up tonight of the nifty Medicom Kamen (Masked) Rider figures, version 3. I've been a bit behind with my guest reviews lately, but I'm going to do what I can to get caught up. You can find all the links at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

As always, thanks for reading!

Michael
    MWC

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great review as usual. I initially passed on this DK 13" figure as I didn't care for the action feature and "backpack" look, until I noticed on rewatching the 3rd trailer for the flick that there's a scene where bats jumps off a highrise and he doesn't appear to have his cape on...and oila, there it is: a backpack from where the cape must sprout from. Not sure how I feel about the whole backpack thing, guessing it's an improvement/add-on by Lucius Fox to the new suit that appears about half-way through the movie. Please keep us posted on what you hear through the grapevine concerning the other 12" figures that Mattel's announcing per your review for this movie. Thanks again!
    It's never too late

I will! Hopefully I'll come across the other 12" figures this week from mattel.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey Michael, just found the Mattel 12" figs at TRU today. Very nice, (after all they're the two-ups of the outstanding movie masterpiece offerings) but almost strictly statue material, very much less articulation than their 6" cousins. Price tag is a little steep IMO ($29+ each)...sorry no pics...no digicam (still too afraid to come wandering out of the cave and face the future completely). The store must have just set the figs out as I was lucky enough to grab the short-pack unmasked Bats. Looking forward to your review.
    It's never too late