1/6 RC Chev Avalanche... Actually 1/6?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 RC Chev Avalanche... Actually 1/6?

1/6 RC Chev Avalanche... Actually 1/6?

Just saw this on evilbay. Anyone see one of these 'in the flesh' before? I am guessing it's underscaled, but it sure looks good. If it actually fits 1/6, I am all over it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=004

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen these at Walmart before, but didn't get a chance to put an action figure next to it. Just eyeballing it, it looked pretty well scaled. Hopefully someone else has more experience with the truck. They also had Hummers in different colors around the same time. Wish I got one.
    "It was then that I knew my eggs was headed for that big omlette in the sky......." -Rap Replinger

Size Matters

I checked the specs on the Avalanche and this New Bright comes up a little short...but not much. The real deal is just shy of 20 feet long and a little over 6 feet tall (stock). According to the ebay description, the model is 28 inches long and 12 inches tall. While I can give a little on the length, it appears to be a couple of inches too short, but pretty close in height. Problem is, the model is supposed to have a lift kit and larger than stock tires, meaning it should be taller than stock, but by how much is in question. Perhaps if you use shorter figures (like the bodies of early SSAM) it would appear to scale out closer. Still, it's an awesome ride and looks well made.
    The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down.

— General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like it will work for 1:6th Scale. However, how will you use it, for a PMC vehicle?

I was thinking the length and width are OK, but the height could be an issue. The body seems a little squeezed on height, to make room for the electrical gear in the undercarriage. The height overall looks good, but the usable height looks small. That's why I am curious to know if anyone has seen it.

I would totally use this as a PMC vehicle. I would rather have a Toyota truck in white, or a Land Rover Defender(all the others have been made), but this would work if it doesn't require a huge amount of body work.

PMC in Canada or the French Alps, maybe.

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater
    I was on Greenleader's board and someone had a 1/6th Ford Ranger and I cannot find one anywhere. I would like to get one if anyone has seen it.

i have one of the Chevy avalanches and it holds dragon guy's pretty well, taller fellows (HT, Sideshow etc) will have trouble. also don't get it wet.

Not a lot of power either, if you plan on taking it for a spin. I returned mine to JC Penny's a long time ago because of this.
    helocrazed
    "These things we do that others may live"

could do an electrics upgrade to real dedicated RC gear. Kind of like the upgrade to a Futaba controller, and extras, that one of our late members did to his JGSDF machine.