Barrack Sergeant bods; weird proportions?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Barrack Sergeant bods; weird proportions?

Barrack Sergeant bods; weird proportions?

just got a BS because i'd been hearing good things about the artic. was looking at it in the package and something struck me as weird. 1st i though it had "monkey arm" syndrome, but after comparing it w/ a few other (Dragon NEO3, BBI 3.5, ect) it doesn't seem so much that the arms are long but that the torso or core body, from pelvis to shoulders, is shorter than most. by like an inch & half or so. anyone else think this and does it look off when clothed?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I thought so too. They look fine clothed just be careful how much gear you pile on. The more weight they have to bare the harder it is to keep them upright. Mine can support an M4 just fine, if I put anything larger in his hands he can't keep his arms up.
    got privilege?

Red face

Heres a Barrack SGt body with HT head and boots.
    Doesnt look too badly proportioned to me.
    Altho the HT neckpost is slightly long on it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

no that doesn't look bad. tho it's kinda hard to tell w/ his arms bent. thanks for the great pic.
    anyone have a pic w/ the arms to the side? thanks

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    I think they look alright with the arms by the side too.

Here we have two of my Corporals and the one in the front to the right is an ACE neck on a BS body. Both figure's knee joints are at the middle of the knee patch, and despite the picture nearly the same height.
    I think the proportions are fairly well represented to my tastes, and his hands seem to fall on the lower mid thigh like my arms do. [and half a cm to the bottom of the cargo pocket]

My other figure to the back and to the left is a heavily moded BBi G3/.5 body, with a ~2/3 of a centimeter cut out from his legs. Oddly enough his hands fall to about the same place, but his arms feel monkey armish. I may have to shorten them a bit when I make the time.

Now, if I do the shoulder mod on the BSB [(c) LG ] shown on the forum a few weeks back, then his arms will hang lower and may feel monkey-ish. All in all, I like the BSB, its pretty much what I modify my BBi bodies into. I just wish the joints were a bit tighter from the start.
    Last edited by saiko; 04-18-2008 at 01:43.
    Always do your best in everything you do, and live on, happy. - Aya