Stores with good 1/6 Halloween deals?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Stores with good 1/6 Halloween deals?

Stores with good 1/6 Halloween deals?

I always hear about stores having great deals on 1/6 items right after Halloween. Never remember to go.

Any ones you recommend for tomorrow? I hear Spirit Halloween stores are good.

What's the brand of Halloween miniatures that can be used for goblets, necklaces, gravestones, etc?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Stores with good 1/6 Halloween deals?

This year has an extra bonus for 1/6thers hitting Spirit of Halloween. Normally they have one wild 50% sale on everything for one day November 1 and you fight through the crowds and pick through what's left. This year it's a bit different because Halloween falls on a Friday so they're introducing a distinction -- tomorrow Decor is 50% off (because all the trick or treating's done) but the Costumes are only 25% off (because there are still Saturday parties). Then on Sunday everything goes to 50%. This is good for us because most of what we could use in 1/6 would be Decor, so it's already 50% off, and there's less crowds and less competition tomorow because the people seeking a Costume bargain don't go till Sunday.

This being said I'm not looking for anything but mostly because I have stuff from last years -- enough mini rats, the half zombie, mini bits of cemetery fencing etc. One thing I always like to restock up on is Spirit of Halloween Earrings that work in 1/6 -- daggers, swords, crests -- which however won't be 50% till Sunday. This year's model screws up the best one though -- used to be they had classic pewter police 1/6 handcuffs that were so perfect -- you could just use the earring part to clip them to a belt. The redesign makes them unusable because now the left and right cuffs are sculpted as a single solid piece. Maybe some stores will still have last year's model.

Monkey depot has a Halloween sale going on now and sideshow has there spooktactular event with lots of sales.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found some great stuff this year. In Spirit Halloween I found spiders, snakes, ants, bats, and rats perfect for 1:6. Additionally I found bones that were really nice, not to mention some nice moss and drop cloth for my dios. Dollar tree usually has tombstones that are good size but I have not checked because I have enough.
    Tattooed Toy Geek

Could you please share the address of spirit of halloween? The one I open has real life stuff, nothing 1/6. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior49 View Post
    Could you please share the address of spirit of halloween? The one I open has real life stuff, nothing 1/6. Thanks.
    Spirit of Halloween typically has over a thousand stores, in different locations each year, and all their stock selection will be the same. It's a "real life stuff" Halloween store where you may find some interesting things to repurpose for 1/6, like some Decor items that can be used in 1/6, possibly 1/6 skeletons or witches, mini rats and bats, earrings and keychains with 1/6 sized objects on them. None of the stores market 1/6 items per se and that's why it's fun to find something you can use imaginatively.

On the costume side it occurs to me I should buy a 50% off Ape Suit to make a 1/6 King Kong