I thnk 1/6 is taking over my house....

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thnk 1/6 is taking over my house....

I thnk 1/6 is taking over my house....

feel free to move post if in wrong area

No...i dont have that many figures yet...but...coincidentally, while reading the forums, working on my schoolwork, at least on what I have done for this assignment so far, the answers are exactly as written on my page-
    2. 2/5
    4. 1/6
    6. 2/9
    8. 1/6
    10. 1/4
    12. 1/6
    13. 1/48
    14. 1/6

So far, at least every other one is 1/6 or some other scale i've built (1/48)
    'Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe.' --Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

and a few more....
    28. 1/6
    44. 16.666 (1:6th in dec.)
    52. 1/6
    'Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe.' --Albert Einstein

This is not a hobby, this is an addiction

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You got it bad!!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    You got it bad!!

CHEERS!

It's good and bad.....its good that 1/6 is poopping up everywhere, its bad that I associate it w/ school

There is no escape, it will only get worse, and your wallet will get lighter. If you really want to see how bad it gets, go to the "War Rooms" thread.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuued1 View Post
    There is no escape, it will only get worse, and your wallet will get lighter. If you really want to see how bad it gets, go to the "War Rooms" thread.
    oh ive seen the warrooms thread. the only things in my wallet are my school ID, ATM card (for a bank accountw/o cash in it) and the sixth armygroup ruler from AWoH last year.

You know you got it bad, when every where you go (Lowes, Wally-World, Target, work, the freakin' grocery store) my eyes are constantly scanning, looking for something that will fit in my 1/6 world, such as a prop, dio material, a back drop or a 1/6 accessessory....

I find myself a regular, cruising the "Pink Aisle" looking for a score...
    I know what people are thinking... "why just look at that 6'4" perverted freakazoid eyeing the Barbie and Ken dolls"..."lets go honey and let the big man have his privacy" (woman grabbing her little girl's hand and walking away quickly)

It's maddening I tell you...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm better now....

Thats OK
    there are support groups for your problem, run by ugly lonely woman!!!
    Just do what I did, buy a bigger house or ADD ON!!!!
    "I don't have a problem!" "I can quit anytime I want"
    I just don't wannna quit!

To avoid this problem I have temporarily driven them back to my den/war room. They seem to keep coming back though. Hmmmm.

You know you're out of your mind when you are a 6'2", 255lb dude chatting at Joann with old ladies about fabrics and sewing techniques.
    http://onesixthmahseer.blogspot.com/
    "There is almost no limit in 1/6th : be creative, and don't feel shackled by what you can buy, only by what you can make." - Tony Barton

Quote Originally Posted by nomelrw View Post
    To avoid this problem I have temporarily driven them back to my den/war room. They seem to keep coming back though. Hmmmm.
    Yeah, two months ago I had my guys confined in my War Room (built-in 2 car garage) and yet they manage to escape into the living room, kitchen, sun room even the kitchen! Sneaky little devils...

Then I get questioned by the Master Interrogator (my Wife), "so...how did zees four Joes get on zee fireplace mantle?"..."I have ways of making you talk..."

I know excatly what you guys mean. I get strange looks inside most stores. Imagine, a 6'1" fat guy, greying hair and coke-bottle glasses, looking at various sections (paint, woodwork, Fabric). It gets worse whenI go down the doll-making aisle for small brushes and thin cloth. I really look like a perv there.

You say it like it's a problem!

Yea man, you got it real bad. We hold meetings here for that. It's called Wednesday night chat.

just imagine....a bunch of nerds, dorks, and geeks in a room...uh....my names richard....and im a collector....

My wife told me to slow down. But at least now when we go out to Michaels, AC Moore etc I'm not bored. I got a good one she's supportive.
    But she did use the obcessed word for the first time...
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahseer View Post
    You know you're out of your mind when you are a 6'2", 255lb dude chatting at Joann with old ladies about fabrics and sewing techniques.
    LMAO!!!.

I was laughing at the same thing, mostly because I've done the same. Imagine your some normal shopper at Michaels or Joanns, and there's this 6'1" fat guy in combat boots and nazi camo talking to random women about fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahseer View Post
    BwaHaHa! tell me all about it! coming from downunder, where the blokes drink beer like water... and action figures are scarce and never heard... "I'm struggling to hang on..."
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    My wife told me to slow down. But at least now when we go out to Michaels, AC Moore etc I'm not bored. I got a good one she's supportive.
    But she did use the obcessed word for the first time...
    Hmmm...

Now there is a man who has it figured out. Find common ground to get off the hook, or at least get ripped a little less.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by das soldat View Post
    just imagine....a bunch of nerds, dorks, and geeks in a room...uh....my names richard....and im a collector....
    Hey!! I resemble that remark!

The writing is definitely on the wall...

turboprop - hahahaha i thought i was the only one looking at the barbie aisles. i always give the excuse, 'it's for my niece'. my wife once found 2 barbie dolls in our trash w/ boxes and all but less the heads. it freaked her out. i 'scalped' those barbies for their hair!

Re: I thnk 1/6 is taking over my house....

oh just wait. till i raise an army no one will be able to stop me!

Quote Originally Posted by der soldat View Post
    I know excatly what you guys mean. I get strange looks inside most stores. Imagine, a 6'1" fat guy, greying hair and coke-bottle glasses, looking at various sections (paint, woodwork, Fabric). It gets worse whenI go down the doll-making aisle for small brushes and thin cloth. I really look like a perv there.
    Perhaps if you wore pants.........
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

oops too late. they have already taken over see pictures

Quote Originally Posted by cowpehcowbu View Post
    well now i can officially never worry about having too many toys.

: D

Wow...that is some collection....and here I was worried I had too many figures (close to a hundred in my room and maybe fifty in storage)...I was actually worried I had a problem....thanks for making me realize I am okay....I would be overwhelmed if I had that many figures...but man that is a cool collection

Your blog is one awesome place to get legacy reviews, specially with the oldr hot toys.

As for your house, what really gets my attention is how well integrated your shelves and displays are in relation to the rest of your house, unlike other warrooms and shelves, that look like an elephant in the room that everyone notices and no one wants to ask about.
    I used to be a collector, then I took a paycut to the knee.