One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

I thnk 1/6 is taking over my house....

12K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  cowpehcowbu 
#1 ·
feel free to move post if in wrong area

No...i dont have that many figures yet...but...coincidentally, while reading the forums, working on my schoolwork, at least on what I have done for this assignment so far, the answers are exactly as written on my page-
2. 2/5
4. 1/6
6. 2/9
8. 1/6
10. 1/4
12. 1/6
13. 1/48
14. 1/6

So far, at least every other one is 1/6 or some other scale i've built (1/48)

#7 ·
oh ive seen the warrooms thread. the only things in my wallet are my school ID, ATM card (for a bank accountw/o cash in it) and the sixth armygroup ruler from AWoH last year.

#8 ·
You know you got it bad, when every where you go (Lowes, Wally-World, Target, work, the freakin' grocery store) my eyes are constantly scanning, looking for something that will fit in my 1/6 world, such as a prop, dio material, a back drop or a 1/6 accessessory....

I find myself a regular, cruising the "Pink Aisle" looking for a score...:blank
I know what people are thinking... "why just look at that 6'4" perverted freakazoid eyeing the Barbie and Ken dolls"..."lets go honey and let the big man have his privacy" (woman grabbing her little girl's hand and walking away quickly)

It's maddening I tell you...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm better now....:O

#12 ·
Yeah, two months ago I had my guys confined in my War Room (built-in 2 car garage) and yet they manage to escape into the living room, kitchen, sun room even the kitchen! Sneaky little devils...

Then I get questioned by the Master Interrogator (my Wife), "so...how did zees four Joes get on zee fireplace mantle?"..."I have ways of making you talk..."

#13 ·
I know excatly what you guys mean. I get strange looks inside most stores. Imagine, a 6'1" fat guy, greying hair and coke-bottle glasses, looking at various sections (paint, woodwork, Fabric). It gets worse whenI go down the doll-making aisle for small brushes and thin cloth. I really look like a perv there.

#19 ·
I was laughing at the same thing, mostly because I've done the same. Imagine your some normal shopper at Michaels or Joanns, and there's this 6'1" fat guy in combat boots and nazi camo talking to random women about fabric.

#24 ·
turboprop - hahahaha i thought i was the only one looking at the barbie aisles. i always give the excuse, 'it's for my niece'. my wife once found 2 barbie dolls in our trash w/ boxes and all but less the heads. it freaked her out. i 'scalped' those barbies for their hair!

#31 ·
I entered into this hobby with a focus. Aliens. Period. I knew its too damn expensive to venture into any other catagory! I knew this! Then...my brother went and got me the Ash "S-mart" edition army of darkness figure for Christmas. DAAAAMMMNN. Its SO AWESOME! I need MOOOORRREEEE. Lord help me.

#32 ·
get . . . help . . . before . . . it's . . . tooooooooooooo . . .

Hey, look! New Hot Toys TrueType Muscular up for pre-order on SS website!

#38 ·
no problem...you have the most awesome collection I have seen to date, and I often read your toyhaven blog, actually it was through your blog i found OSW. I was looking for some information on the first T2 figure and I found an excellent review on your site for the figure that made me buy it. I don't know whether to love you or hate you for that one (LOL), because it's been 1/6 crazy then, and everything I buy is judged by the Hot Toys standard, Love or hate em, for me they set the standards. Thanks for the site:bravo:bravo

#36 ·
Your Toy Haven blog is one of my favourite sites! And your flat is truly an inspiration. Someday I can get to display my stuff like yours (and when I do I will ask you for some advice :) ).

Oh, and yes, the little people are almost taking over. And I am not talking about my kids.

#37 ·
First off, cowpehcowbu, that is just mind-blowing!! :jawdrop:jawdrop

And, everything is soooooo neat! No clutter!!

Okay, mine's NOT like that! :wink At one time, almost 10 years ago now, I had finally built out my attic to almost 425' of space- it was cool, displaying my entire collection.

Now, after multiple moves and the dreaded downsizing, I have a 10' x 10' Mancave. I'll have to take some pics- it's not finished, but getting there.

And yes, those 12" figures have a way of taking over!!:woohoo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.