Attention Chatters!!!!!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Attention Chatters!!!!!

Attention Chatters!!!!!

NOW PAY ATTENTION!!!

In order to exit chat and not live your ghost, dirty laundry, better half, zombie or what ever you may prefer to call it behind in the room and be able to come back into chat you must follow the directions. If you fail to follow the directions you will be blocked from chat till a staff member comes in to clean out the room.
    That may take a while as being janitors is not in our job description.

See the big black X in the top right corner? When leaving the room don't do it by closing the window, which is under that big Black X.
    At the risk of repeating myself....don't click on that X!!

Okay now that that is understood....
    See the big Red circle with aroud the X on the right side above the list of members in the room? Click on that X in order to close the chat.

How do you know if you closed chat properly?

If you followed directions the window will return to the OSW forums page.

If you didn't follow directions you will have exited out of the window completely only leaving a vestige of yourself in chat and blocking yourself from re-entering there.

By the way...
    At time of this screenshot those were all ghosts in the room
    except for myself, CharlesBronson and 713_deltatrooper.

Thank you for your time and hope to actually see you in chat soon.
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; 04-16-2008 at 22:21.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Needs more exposure to gen pop....
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

In all fairness, I've been told that leaving the correct way will still sometimes result in a ghost.

But to those knuckle-heads that can't seem to exit through the DOOR, and insist on going out the window, this is not funny. I've even told some guys IN the chat room "when you leave, click the red X."

With the janitor.....er....Admins approval, I would like to begin, after each chat, to post the names of those who painted their names on the wall instead of using post-it notes. Then those people can reply as to why they can't read the 2 posts/threads about this problem. Or if they left through the marked exit, they will regain their "cool" status.

Good post, Grizz. Nice, easy, step-by-step, "chat room for dummies" post.

Com 'on, guys! We are smarter than this! Right?
    "Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown. For Thine is the kingdom, & the power & glory forever, Amen." SF Prayer

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I keep just getting a blank screen without the chat window, just the chat background... so I never have the little red x to hit

Quote Originally Posted by jonbondave View Post
    I keep just getting a blank screen without the chat window, just the chat background... so I never have the little red x to hit
    That happens almost every time I try to go in. What I do is just refresh the browser, and it typically works the second time.

Yeah, chat wont let me in right now, but every time I get in, I always exit by clicking the red X.

Please someone un ban me from the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesBronson View Post
    Please someone un ban me from the chat.
    Me too please..Didn't want to leave a ghost in there, but my computer lost it's internet connection while I was in there.

You might want to add that the red X is actually a red ball before you put your cursor on it, then the X will appear over that red ball. At least it is in Firefox.
    OH-58C Crew Chief 89' to 92' C Troop 1-7 Cavalry...Desert Storm Vet

Quote Originally Posted by 54thCuda2 View Post
    You might want to add that the red X is actually a red ball before you put your cursor on it, then the X will appear over that red ball. At least it is in Firefox.
    Thanks Cody, but hopefully with road map everyone will find their way.

There are two guys in there right now, and have been in there for two days(I went in there yesterday, and just now), and their still in there.. Not talking... I used the little red Ball/X when leaving... Logs me out, sends me back to the forum

Actually there was no one in there last night or this morning. Those guys came in to chat this evening and then left with out closing the door behind them.