Question on Judge Dredd vinyl model 1/6 compatibility

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Question on Judge Dredd vinyl model 1/6 compatibility

Question on Judge Dredd vinyl model 1/6 compatibility

Anyone know if this vinyl model is compatible with a 1/6 figure? Basically can I cut some parts and use them on a dragon body?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I own a couple of those models and I can tell you it's a bit too small for a 1/6 figure, plus it's sculpted in a very heavy "comic book" style, so it would look a bit odd if you were trying to make a realistic-looking figure.
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

Seconded,

It was made by Halcyon in the UK and was probably moulded by Tskuda. If you can find the Judge Anderson, she was more proportional and could definitely be adapted to be used on a Cy Girl.

CHEERS!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Watch out also for those eBay recasts of out of production vinyl kits. You'll see Judge Dredd and Anderson amongst them. They are notoriously bad recasts suffering from shrinkage and sloppy casting technique. Best if you can get the original for that reason and also you won't be supporting a recasting theif. Check with Amok Time they often have originals of old kits for sale at good prices. Monsters in Motion is worth a look as well.

I, for one, would love to see someone do this. I've thought about that exact same project for years!I've always thought that that kit would make a great figure, and the more comic styled, the better.
    Really looking forward to seeing someone give this a go.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You just might be able to pull off Dredd using a Medicom body as a base.
    And I second what Furious Genius said: avoid recasts like the plague.
    Cheap people suck.

A Judge Anderson would look great!
    It's never too late

Monkey Man... I'm 99.9% sure some one has used that kit for a Judge Dredd custom.
    I think I have it bookmarked some where.
    If I recall properly, they basically just cut away the Knee Pads, Shoulders, Badge, Helmet, Belt Buckle, Fists and Toe Caps of the boots.
    Then glued applied them to a body with a jumpsuit.

I will keep looking for the link.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    •Winston Churchill•
    OSW Gallery
    BLOG

Sweet!

Judge GIJOE Dredd

Well, I'm going to try this project- ordered a Halcyon kit from ebay ($14.99 with shipping). I intend to use the kit's eagle, badge, law giver, belt buckle.

If I can, I'll salvage the helmet, knuckles, knee and elbow pads, but if not I'm prepared to make those from scratch.

I hope to use a Classic Collection/pinhead Joe for this- and I'm leaning toward a navy blue uniform base. I plan working pouches and holster, and possibly a Lawmaster cycle, using 1/12 R/C car wheels.

any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated. I hope to make this a blend of the Movie and Comics, but more like the comics. I also want to have a removable helmet, but if that doesn't work, I'll glue the PVC helmet to a chopped up pinhead.

Halcyon kit

I got my kit and carved it up. I think everything is useable EXCEPT the helmet- which once gutted and cut comes out closer to 1/8 or 1/7 scale. I am making a new helmet from a Hot Toys Protec/CQb style helmet I had in my spare parts. It's got the right snug fit and slope to the top of the head.

In fact, I wanted to point out I'm using some of that super putty epoxy putty they hawk on TV- comes in green tube, you cutoff a piece and knead it to activate then form it up. Seems to hold up well so far.

I cut one up many years ago and used parts of it for a 1/6 figure. I used the head, shoulder armor and gauntlets... Pardon the small pics, I sold this a long time ago and don't have better photos...

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDsGWcU*7xKqIyCPbhtW4rTnS7Fgc9mfzwnZocgQgMzk2tRh rHmbVU12Xr59oGgltneuTUSmCBtYlawVq5mkf6gJHuK5Slah5F Wnhmjeb4/P?dc=4675394798300197226[/img]