Question on the Toy Soldier Marpat Marine

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Question on the Toy Soldier Marpat Marine

Question on the Toy Soldier Marpat Marine

....the recent one who is now listed as "Sold Out" pretty much everywhere....

Essentially I'm trying to get him all kitted out....and I've begun to doubt my own sanity in regards to the pistol and M4 magazine pouches. I'm referring to the molle pouches, the ones that should hold 3 M4 magazines.

Here's my dilemma....if you use the front and back velcro strips to secure each of the 3 magazines, there doesn't appear to be enough material on the front and back "covers" so to speak in order to make it over the magazine and actually stay flat..its like it needs another few mm of material. THe 1:1 velcro doesn't help either here

If I opt to NOT use the flaps, so the ends of the mags are exposed (all trick like the hep cat warriors are doing these days it seems), then I guess I am supposed to tuck the unused velcro straps down into the magazine pouch itself?? Problem is then, the velcro is 1:1 scale and now its too tight of a fit with the mags inserted :P

I am loathe to cut the straps off, but it seems my only recourse...at least the back ones with the fake "button" on them, then fabri-tac the front flaps down onto the front of the pouch...flipped over to give the look.

Eh, is that basically how to set these things up? How does this work in the 1:1 world (so you have the molle carriers with the clips exposed, like on the upcoming Sgt. Mullen figure.........here's an example of what I'm talking about:
    Is this just the standard molle clip carrier with the front flap folded over the front and the rear flap unused, tucked into the back or secured behind the pouch after its attached to a molle vest, or are those some special kind of clip pouch...??? Thank You!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    In this picture you can still see exposed velcro on the flaps, so they're probably a different kind of pouch. I've seen a lot of pictures of servicemen with exposed magazines peeking out of their pouches and shingles, so you could probably do that if you wanted.

A picture of the pouches you're trying to work with would probably help, but each cell should hold 2 magazines, and depending on the pouch panel you have, it'll have 2 cells and 4 mags or 3 cells and 6 mags, so you could be overstuffing them.
    The shingles themselves, despite having 3 cells/crevices to shove mags in, don't actually hold that many in my experience, maybe two if you're lucky, and the little velcro straps definitely won't close over them, I usually stuff them inside behind the mags.

I haven't had any issue with these pouches closing so I'm not quite sure how to solve your dilemma, other than removing a mag from each of them. I hope you find a good solution though, and that I've helped rather than blabber on about some other tangent because I got confused.
    Always do your best in everything you do, and live on, happy. - Aya

Thanks Saiko, here is the guy I am referring too...and I think I just figured it out:
    (Credit to Echo Base Toys for the image!)

See how the clips are exposed? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that almost looks like he's wedged the clips in between the layers of the body armor, and they aren't in a carrier at all.... :P
    The pic on the right, where he's got the chemlights in the molle slots.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HeadRusch1 View Post
    Thanks Saiko, here is the guy I am referring too...and I think I just figured it out:
    (Credit to Echo Base Toys for the image!)

See how the clips are exposed? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that almost looks like he's wedged the clips in between the layers of the body armor, and they aren't in a carrier at all.... :P
    The pic on the right, where he's got the chemlights in the molle slots.
    Actually there's pouches in there.

Between the layers of the verst, there are mag-pouches for 3 mags.

I have used one on my Marine, it's the tripple-pouch on the right:

1stSGT_Zottel

AH..ok, so the front flap gets tucked down into the pouch itself, and the rear flap is just left open (or tucked down or whatever.

And that 3-mag pouch is attached to the inside molle straps of the vest (in the shot I used above) and the outer portion of the vest is wrapped around that.

I think I got it now...thanks everyone.

Soak them in water for a minute or so.It will allow the material to expand.Then tuck the back portion in the pouch.But be careful not to force the mag too forceful,as the pouch may rip.And then after you attach it to the vest,just touck the front portion inbetween the pouch and cumberbund.

On mine I did the above and just fabritac'd the pouch closed.
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.