Product Review PHICEN Steel Skeleton Medium Bust Pale: PICS w/ comments & thoughts . . .

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: PHICEN Steel Skeleton Medium Bust Pale: PICS w/ comments & thoughts . . .

PHICEN Steel Skeleton Medium Bust Pale: PICS w/ comments & thoughts . . .

See subject.

NOTE: 1:6 FEMALE FIGURE NUDITY . . .

--

I received my PHICEN Steel Skeleton Medium Bust Pale female base body today.

Including Nina and School Miss, this is my third PHICEN seamless body figure overall.

After reading reviews and seeing pictures online from others who already received theirs, I had some initial trepidation about mine that I pre-ordered.

After taking mine out of the box and putting her through some very basic and limited poses that I usually do sparingly with Nina and School Miss, I found the new steel skeleton body to be sturdier in terms of articulation where I can relax a bit without worrying about making a wrong movement resulting in breakage thus far.

I am still hesitant on leaving the joints in full/extended bending poses due to stress on the silicone skin for obvious reasons. The new body is aesthetically and visually appealing for obvious reasons.

There were some concerns about the production head sculpt, but fortunately the head sculpt is quite nice in person.

As seen in the pictures, PHICEN included instructions on how to articulate the various joints/limbs on the new steel skeleton body so anyone new to PHICEN bodies or unfamiliar with the basics of the steel skeleton’s articulation needs to read through the instructions as a precaution.

She comes dressed in a very minimal and I do mean very minimal bikini outfit. There is barely any material. It’s mostly string material.

Overall, I’m pleased with mine and plan to outfit her with something more suitable shortly.

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: PHICEN Steel Skeleton Medium Bust Pale: PICS w/ comments & thoughts . . .

Picked up the tan version from Monkey Depot today. I think it's absolutely phenomenal!

I also got a big kick out of the portion of the disclaimer that says..."Though they are anatomically correct, these figures are not designed to simulate sex"

Are the hands really that much lighter in color than the body or are they just picking up camera flash?
    http://LaSirenofEire.deviantart.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OceanGirl24 View Post
    Are the hands really that much lighter in color than the body or are they just picking up camera flash?
    --

The hand color is a bit lighter than the body.

For me personally, I'm not bothered by it.

I believe applying some light blushing on the hands (for those that are inclined) will work for improved color matching.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Regarding the hands, the tan v4.0 hands will be a better match to the pale stainless steel body. The pale stainless steel body has a closer tone colour to the tan v4.0 body.

doodlehobby:

How are your 1:6 PHICEN steel skeleton ladies faring thus far after your very informative review?

Am I correc that these figures can't stand without assistance from a stand? If so, they look good but are very limited diorama-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by slobodaneee View Post
    Am I correc that these figures can't stand without assistance from a stand? If so, they look good but are very limited diorama-wise.
    They can stand, it's just a matter of finding the right shoes and the right pose to allow them to do so.

andy-b- Unregistered Guest

she's too thin. and the feet look horrible. The skin blushing does look nice though, and the head looks better in your photos than the ebay ones

Quote Originally Posted by andy-b- View Post
    she's too thin. and the feet look horrible. The skin blushing does look nice though, and the head looks better in your photos than the ebay ones
    I think the feet look wonky because of the angle. But she doesn't look too thin - quite enough meat on them (metal) bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Warge View Post
    I think the feet look wonky because of the angle. But she doesn't look too thin - quite enough meat on them (metal) bones.
    --

I concur.

The initial pictures prior to release made the body look skinny and almost anorexic, but in hand the body is fit and slim, but I would not say obviously or overtly skinny/thin at all.

Cannot see the pics......

Maybe its just me that likes my women to have a little more meat on them. Don't just mean in the chest area either. That girl is too skinny IMO. Especially the shoulders and arm tops. Don't think that degree of slimness is attractive at all. For years I was with a woman with serious eating issues, and this body really reminds me of hers

Thanks for Showing. Like to see maximum Poses on this Body, especially the Arms and Legs in Maximum Angle to see is it more than the old Plastic Skeleton. Is it more or less than a normal Double Joint Ellbow?

For Example this is the max Angle of the Old Plastic Skeleton. If the Rubber is to Thick the Pose will not stay in Position

Last edited by Ephiane; 07-20-2014 at 06:04.

Quote Originally Posted by andy-b- View Post
    Maybe its just me that likes my women to have a little more meat on them. Don't just mean in the chest area either. That girl is too skinny IMO. Especially the shoulders and arm tops. Don't think that degree of slimness is attractive at all. For years I was with a woman with serious eating issues, and this body really reminds me of hers
    Slightly OT: if that woman had eating disorders and never looked worse than this, she was lucky. Just saying.

Yeah, I happen to like women with a little more weight too but that's not the issue here - this figure is certainly slim, but in a fit way. Slim in an unhealthy way, well, that's people like your average catwalk model.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    doodlehobby:

How are your 1:6 PHICEN steel skeleton ladies faring thus far after your very informative review?
    Still in the same condition since I never touched them afterwards. Only because I'm finishing off some of my CE courses and was also away on vacation. I finally got some Sil-Poxy glue to try to mend the skin tears on the leg for both of them. I also need to fix a 'broken' arm on the mid-bust tan v4 body. Not actually broken, just a detached swivel arm from the joint (since the joint/swivel wasn't held properly in place and just popped off). Or I might just 'amputate' the arm and have my first 1:6 amputee figure...

Heh. I'm still trying to find time to sit down and work on the hobby with some more reviews. The Phicen head sculpts I have are still disassembled and lying on my drafting table, I have Fire Red and White Rose dolls coming in and still need to unbox/review the Domino Lady. I need to have better personal time management skills...

Thanks for asking.

Slightly OT: if that woman had eating disorders and never looked worse than this, she was lucky. Just saying.

Yeah, I happen to like women with a little more weight too but that's not the issue here - this figure is certainly slim, but in a fit way. Slim in an unhealthy way, well, that's people like your average catwalk model.
    she looked way worse. It was just the shoulders and arm tops that made me think of her. I guess that's what put me off buying this body.

I DO like the newer headsculpts thought. The domino lady/female agent and hally body are much nicer

Ephiane:

You've read/seen this thread right?

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ml#post3740141