Product Announcement Hot Toys - MMS251: IM3 1/6 Μk. XLI (41), Bones

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys - MMS251: IM3 1/6 Μk. XLI (41), Bones

Hot Toys - MMS251: IM3 1/6 Μk. XLI (41), Bones

MMS251, Full Spec:

Iron Man 3
    Bones (Mark XLI) - MMS251
    1/6th scale Collectible Figure
    “Gentlemen!” and with that said, the Skeleton Suit Mark XLI has split into multiple parts to attack Extremis soldiers during Tony Stark’s showdown with Aldrich Killian! Nicknamed “Bones’, this armor is built by Tony Stark with speed and maneuverability in mind. It earns its name because of the very unique external appearance of thin black and gold colored armor plating with internal contents exposed.

Today Hot Toys is proud to present this distinctive armor from the Iron Legion – 1/6th scale Bones (Mark XLI) Collectible Figure! In addition to featuring finely crafted structure, black and gold colored armor, LED light-up functions and accessories, this collectible figure has specially designed magnetic components which allow it to be split into multiple parts and re-attach back together at will.

Iron Man fans should not miss out on the opportunity to pre-order this one-of-a-kind armor from the House Party Protocol!
    Specifications
    Product Code: MMS251
    Product Name: Bones (Mark XLI)
    HeightApproximately: 30cm tall
    Points of Articulations: 36
    Special Features: Finely crafted structure, black and gold colored armor, LED light-up functions, accessories, and specially designed magnetic components which allow it to be split into multiple parts and re-attach.

The 1/6th scale Bones (Mark XLI) Collectible Figure’s special features:
    - Authentic and detailed likeness of Bones (Mark XLI), the Skeleton Suit, in Iron Man 3
    - Over 36 points of articulations
    - Approximately 30 cm tall
    - LED-lighted eyes and circular-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
    - Black and gold colored painting on armor with internal content exposed
    - Special features on armor:
    - Magnetic components located at neck, upper chest, shoulders, elbows, and upper thighs
    - Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
    - One (1) pair with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
    - One (1) pair of forceful fists
    - One (1) pair of repulsor palms
    - Articulations on waist armor allowing flexible movement

Accessories:
    - Eight (8) real-like thrust fire accessories
    - One (1) circular figure stage with flexible pillar and armor parts stands

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
    **Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
    **Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required

© 2014 Marvel.
    © 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by BeastX; 07-13-2014 at 09:16.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hot Toys - MMS251: IM3 1/6 Μk. XLI (41), Bones

ETA. Ok, I lied. On another site people are ecstatic about this. I don't get it. Looks like a figure you could buy at TRU for 30 bucks.
    Last edited by hoodonit00; 07-11-2014 at 13:49.
    Scott

So very lame.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not my favorite design, but for the iron man fans at least this is a new design from the movie as opposed to a repaint.

How are you supposed to display it when it's disassembled? The stand only has 1 support. Dumb.

Howard, please just stop.
    "Peace through superior firepower".

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Saw item, saw Pre-Order Price at Sideshow.

Wow.

No.

It's not a repaint so I guess that's good.

Screw the naysayers, I think it looks awesome!!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodonit00 View Post
    ETA. Ok, I lied. On another site people are ecstatic about this. I don't get it. Looks like a figure you could buy at TRU for 30 bucks.
    And the last scratch built IM you made was when exactly? They're SO easy to design, build and articulate, not to mention this figure has absolutely no detail to take into account....

Quote Originally Posted by Marine boy View Post
    How are you supposed to display it when it's disassembled? The stand only has 1 support. Dumb.
    Maybe like this?....Dumb...

Last edited by shovelchop81; 07-11-2014 at 21:20.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    And the last scratch built IM you made was when exactly? They're SO easy to design, build and articulate, no to mention this figure has absolutely no detail to take into account....

Shots fired! But yeah i agree with you. IM figures are out of my budget but this is different in a way. Reminds me of the new trend in exo skeletons in the movies, while not being overtly Iron Man. Well, yes, it IS overtly iron man, but looks different from the regular marks.
    I used to be a collector, then I took a paycut to the knee.

My point is this, it's impossible to display it like this:

It can only be displayed intact, thus rendering the separation feature and jet exhausts pointless.

*yawn*
    1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

How could anyone wear this suit? The design is crazy. At what point would I need my limbs to fly off in different directions?

I've bought my fair share of HT Iron Men but this one is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousuli View Post
    How could anyone wear this suit? The design is crazy. At what point would I need my limbs to fly off in different directions?

I've bought my fair share of HT Iron Men but this one is just weird.

Didn't u watch the movie?

Kinda wish I hadn't...
    "Peace through superior firepower".

Quote Originally Posted by Marine boy View Post
    My point is this, it's impossible to display it like this:

It can only be displayed intact, thus rendering the separation feature and jet exhausts pointless.
    "Impossible" and "only" are big words. It's relatively easy to find some way to do it. What you're saying is that HT didn't supply an automatic separate-parts display out of the box (with the added cost of a base or wire structure). Fair enough. It's $275 now, so with that base it would probably be $325.

I'm gonna split the difference between the happy fans and the haters - I like it but I can't imagine ever owning it. Even if I won the lottery and even if I was making wild extravagant purchases all from the Iron Man line alone, then even so, Red Snapper and Igor and a couple of others would come first, and I wouldn't ever go down the list far enough to buy this one.

IMHO this one isn't made for people who buy 2 or 3 Iron Man figures, it's more likely one you buy when you already have 15+ Iron Men. HT are now making $275 variants to the indiscriminate level that Hasbro throws out multiple designs at $10, and some people - not me - are apparently buying those lines through to completion anyway.

BTW it makes me think of my Magnetic Micronauts Baron Karza that I loved as a kid. Would be fun to turn this one into Baron Karza if, you know, it didn't cost more than a pony.

Almost 300 bones to get something with a few seconds of screen time.
    HT is really milking this franchise bone dry.
    It hardly comes with anything. It's really barebones for this price.

**badam-tish**

I'll be here all week.

And the last scratch built IM you made was when exactly? They're SO easy to design, build and articulate, no to mention this figure has absolutely no detail to take into account....

Sorry I made fun of your next purchase. My bad.
    Scott

My Mom always said "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all?.

Okay then.......

AFM

Im happy with my MK7.

Mmkey

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

i really like this suit and though its low on accessories i like the figure. my problem is the price. as soon as HT saw that folk were happy to buy the die cast line they knew they could charge die cast prices for regular mms figures. now expect die cast in future to be over $300. although far more detailed and articulated than a hasbro figure these HT figures are still produced en mass and can be found easily the world over. they should be cheaper especially as there isnt a stark head sculpt with labour heavy face paint job. is there anyone who can really honestly justify the price??? especially with all the QC problems (hello die cast mk 42 and ed-209). "but the sculpt is really accurate!" so are some hasbro figures. the sculpt is a fixed cost spread over thousands of units so shouldn't impact price much anyway (only variable costs will such as labour and materials/paint. also, if they are made from digital files used when making the movie most of sculpt work is removed thanks to rapid digital prototyping and printing. Why do these figures cost more and more each time? because we keep buying them, and if we stop, some rich idiot will buy them anyway. i LOVE this figure but won't buy it anywhere near the asking price. hopefully others will do the same but my hopes aren't high

for now NECA 1:4 iron man figures are well made and a fraction of the cost but i do wish neca could do them in 1:6

Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    for now NECA 1:4 iron man figures are well made and a fraction of the cost but i do wish neca could do them in 1:6
    A price midpoint between common retail Hasbro and premium Hot Toys, with a quality level inbetween as well, could be a gold mine for Marvel or movie 1/6 figures generallly, but I suspect existing Licensing Agreements wouldn't permit it. I could totally get behind assembling a House Party Protocol with 5 Hot Toys Figures front row, and all the rest being NECA quality, if only they were made.

I don't get the hate and "not another" reactions on this forum with HT's IM releases. They said they would be making EVERY suit from the film. The latest in the film was MK42, before we had MK1-MK7, lets see, 42-7=35, + WMMK2, Iron Patriot, Whiplash MK2 makes 38 IM related armoured figures. So far they have announced 11 that I can think of off hand which leaves 27 to go.... and yet everyone will be appalled when they release the next one? . Yes the prices are getting stupid but the detail and quality is always improving, just compare the original MK3 with the MK7, no contest. Other companies are increasing their prices as sculpts, weapons, clothing etc.. improve so this isn't exactly just a HT phenomenon.

Did they make any others aside from the two MK7's ? I'd be very interested if they did.
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 07-11-2014 at 21:48.

^NECA.... I believe also made 1/4 Midas

I don't get the hate and "not another" reactions on this forum with HT's IM releases. They said they would be making EVERY suit from the film. The latest in the film was MK42, before we had MK1-MK7, lets see, 42-7=35, + WMMK2, Iron Patriot, Whiplash MK2 makes 38 IM related armoured figures. So far they have announced 11 that I can think of off hand which leaves 27 to go.... and yet everyone will be appalled when they release the next one? . Yes the prices are getting stupid but the detail and quality is always improving, just compare the original MK3 with the MK7, no contest. Other companies are increasing their prices as sculpts, weapons, clothing etc.. improve so this isn't exactly just a HT phenomenon.
    I don't disagree but the consequence of this analysis suggests another factor that will be driving up the prices artificially. Suppose they make even just 25 out of those 38 House Protocol. Admittedly individual tastes will differ but there will always be 2 or 3 figures that are generally considered to be at the bottom of that list.

If you do the math that means the market for those 3 figures would consist exclusively of people who have already spent more than $6,600 plus taxes, customs, shipping etc. on HT Iron Man figures. Even world-wide that can't be a huge group so I assume we start to talk about ever more limited -> ever more expensive releases.

Screw the naysayers, I think it looks awesome!!
    I kinda agree! Something different...

Did they make any others aside from the two MK7's ? I'd be very interested if they did.
    I too get very tired of people coming in to a product thread just to slate it. I won't buy it, but it looks cool. HT make figures that they are sure will sell, it helps offset the cost of riskier figures. I'm sure deep down everybody knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
    ^NECA.... I believe also made 1/4 Midas
    Cool! I'll have to track one down, I'm pretty sure it won't cost £300 like the HT version, that was one I really did have to pass on! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    I don't disagree but the consequence of this analysis suggests another factor that will be driving up the prices artificially. Suppose they make even just 25 out of those 38 House Protocol. Admittedly individual tastes will differ but there will always be 2 or 3 figures that are generally considered to be at the bottom of that list.

If you do the math that means the market for those 3 figures would consist exclusively of people who have already spent more than $6,600 plus taxes, customs, shipping etc. on HT Iron Man figures. Even world-wide that can't be a huge group so I assume we start to talk about ever more limited -> ever more expensive releases.

Quote Originally Posted by -=LoneWolf=- View Post
    I kinda agree! Something different...
    I'm not alone, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    I too get very tired of people coming in to a product thread just to slate it. I won't buy it, but it looks cool. HT make figures that they are sure will sell, it helps offset the cost of riskier figures. I'm sure deep down everybody knows this.
    I think that's what set me off, I don't go to the DAM new release threads and complain that it's just another modern military figure. If it doesn't interest me I won't begrudge it making other collectors happy and just try to appreciate the work involved in producing the figures instead.