which is better? Ace or Soldier story acu bdu

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: which is better? Ace or Soldier story acu bdu

which is better? Ace or Soldier story acu bdu

Hi guys...second you which is better in quality and fabric....Ace or Soldier story acu bdu/uniform.....?and which fit better on hot toys and dragon body?In a group realization..these uniforms could stay togheter????Thanks Mario.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would get the Soldier's story.I like them better than the ACE one's I've seen.
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

My issue with the ACE version is that the pocket placement looks wrong. I did a little field research the other day when I was considering buying some ACE uniforms and decided to give 'em a pass after looking at several dozen soldiers in ACUs.

I'm fortunate that I can just go to Wal Mart, the grocery store, or visit my wife at work and see plenty of ACUs in person.

Soldier's Story ACUs are a bit blue/gray but I have seen them in that color and I prefer the cut and fit of them best of all the ACUs I've bought.
    OK, so where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I haven't seen the ACE acu's, but the soldier story acu's that I have, are ok, but the pattern seems to be blouches of colors instead of square pixels.

Like Mlatch221 mentioned, the newer ACE ACU's pockets are waaay to low on the sleeves. Probably an easy fix tho, and the color and pattern of the pixels look decent from what I have seen so far in the pics.

Like Ditmeus mentions with SS , there is too much of a blob appearance which ruins it for me.

My personal favorite ACU's to this point are the BBI version. They have the color and look of a newer set of ACU's before they start to fade.