ITALIAN SOLDIER,1918 (“Finding the Mark”)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: ITALIAN SOLDIER,1918 (“Finding the Mark”)

ITALIAN SOLDIER,1918 (“Finding the Mark”)

Companeros,
    This is a redo of an earlier figure. Hope you enjoy.

ITALIAN SOLDIER, Vittorio Veneto-1918 (“Finding the Mark”)

THE FIGURE
    - The figure was inspired by a WWI postcard.
    -The figure uses a HEAVILLY modified SOTW uniform, boots, helmet , rifle, cartridge packs, and back pouch.
    -Custom made: goggles, gas mask container, belt and harness, and helmet cover
    - The sculpt is from Twisting Toys. (I LOVE the expressions on these sculpts)

HISTORY
    In the years that led up to WWWI, Italy had sided with Germany and Austria-Hungary in the Triple Alliance. As war broke out in August 1914 Italy stayed neutral to wait and see how the war progressed. On April 26th 1915, she came into the war on the side of the Triple Entente – Britain, France and Russia.

Between 1915 and 1917, Italian troops only got 10 miles inside Austrian territory. In October 1917 the Italian army was devastated at Caporetto.( October 24 to November 9) In a series of battles the Italian army lost over 300,000 men against a combined force of the Austrian Army and 7 divisions of German troops. After a massive leadership change and reorganization, on October 23, 1918, the Italian Army, led by Armando Diaz, and supported by Allied troops, launched an offensive against the Austro-Hungarian army.

At The Battle of Vittorio Veneto (October 24 to November 3 1918) General Graziani's 12th Italian army and the 8th army attacked the Austro-Hungarian forces. On 30 October 1918 the Austro-Hungarian army was split in two. Austria-Hungary suffered over 30,000 casualties and 300,000-500,000 prisoners were taken prisoners. Italian casualties numbered around 38,000, including 146 French and 274 English. The Italian victory brought the Italian Front to an end and determined the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Army and empire.
    By the end of the war in 1918, 600,000 Italians were dead, 950,000 were wounded and 250,000 were crippled for life.

Sources: www.historylearningsite.co.uk

saludos,

siquisiri

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

nice custom work siquisiri.
    ________
    Laguna Heights Condos Pattaya
    Last edited by tang; 09-01-2011 at 20:26.

Yeah, that's awesome. Great job.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow!!

Very nice italian bash!
    Francesco

KotM Winner May 2007

Original work.. many customised parts there I see...

I love that!

Really great looking figure, although he looks like an open target up there.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

Woah. very very nice. I generally don't look too much at WWII stuff, but this one is very nice. Well done ! Two thumbs up!

great figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Renascor View Post
    Woah. very very nice. I generally don't look too much at WWII stuff, but this one is very nice. Well done ! Two thumbs up!
    Well you're still not looking at WWII stuff...this is WWI!!! LMAO!!
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

I really like it
    RENT THIS SPACE CHEAP!

Quote Originally Posted by grizzerr View Post
    Well you're still not looking at WWII stuff...this is WWI!!! LMAO!!
    LOL My bad on the typo ! hahaha

Very nice work. You may be interested to learn that there is a release coming from Twisting Toys of their first WWI release: Italian Carabinieri Miltary Police (named 'Alberto'). Don't know when it's due but should have loads of conversion potential for WWI subjects Italian and other nations.

Nice figure. That is just nuts though. I can't imagine trying to hug a tree w/ your legs and still remain relaxed enough to take a shot. Nic einterpretation onthe post card.