Product Announcement Hot Toys – MMS247 – Maleficent: 1/6th scale Maleficent

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys – MMS247 – Maleficent: 1/6th scale Maleficent

Hot Toys – MMS247 – Maleficent: 1/6th scale Maleficent

Dear all,

“Well, well…How Wonderful.” You know the tale now find out truth. Disney’s newest movie – Maleficent has been highly successful in box office around the world since its release! The tale of Sleeping Beauty is re-imagined and told from the perspective of the Mistress of All Evil who is portrayed by the one and only Angelina Jolie and her performance has been praised by critics and fans. To celebrate the movie’s success, Hot Toys is delighted to present the 1/6th scale Maleficent Collectible Figure amid fans’ anticipation!

The movie-accurate Maleficent Collectible Figure is specially crafted based on the image of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent in the movie which features a detailed head sculpt with iconic horns, elegantly tailored costume and accessories. Fans of this famous fairy tale and Angelina Jolie don’t miss the chance to pre-order this stylish collectible figure!

Please kindly find the attached photos and spec below for your reference.

Hot Toys – MMS247 – Maleficent: 1/6th scale Maleficent Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

The 1/6th scale Maleficent Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent in Maleficent
    - Finely crafted head sculpt with black iconic horns

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture

- Approximately 29 cm tall

- Body with over 28 points of articulation
    - Five (5) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
    n One (1) left palm for holding staff
    n One (1) relaxed right palm
    n One (1) pointing left palm
    n One (1) pair of open palms
    - Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :

- One (1) black gown with detailed tailoring

- One (1) black collar

- One (1) pair of black boots

Accessories:

- One (1) staff

- One (1) raven

- Two (2) real-like green flames

- Figure stand with Maleficent nameplate and movie logo

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Sun Hye, Yoo & Seung Min, Kang

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by Yulli

**Collectible Figure - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
    **Raven - Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
    **Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Release date: Q4, 2014 – Q1, 2015

ฉ Disney

ฉ 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hot Toys – MMS247 – Maleficent: 1/6th scale Maleficent

well if Hot Toys have a Disney deal then I'm sure they will be doing the next Star Wars movie figures.

Damn that looks good, will definitely be buying this, thank you HT!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

andy-b- Unregistered Guest

yes please. LIke

the only way I would have bought this is, was if the horns was removable and under it was rooted hair for miss jolie, but as it is for me this is an easy pass. kind of glad to be honest I have enough Hot Toys figures on pre-order. I need another one like I need a hole in the head, but for those who like this I am Happy.

I need that staff The green flames are cool too. Great looking set

I really hate to say this but this is pretty disappointing. I was very excited for this figure but the lack of hands, no multi posed raven, and lack of accessories is killing it for me. I mean, no wings? Wasn't that a huge part of the movie? The dress also doesn't seem to meet the craftsmanship standards of a typical Hot Toys figure. It looks stiff and Barbie clothes-like instead of the flowing gown I would expect.
    I really hate to complain because I REALLY want to like this and buy one(the face looks great!) but I just can't justify it as it looks right now. Hope they come out with a deluxe version somewhere down the road.
    Last edited by Mark Brooks; 06-20-2014 at 11:35.

Wouldn't/shouldn't have expected wings for this based on the time-line of the character (ie: obviously AFTER the wings were cut off)......

Don't know about the "lack of hands".....I see many pairs.....

Agreed, the dress/gown looks below HT standards, most notably in the last photo....maybe a bad photo.....?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

I can't find anything to complain about here. It's a beautiful figure.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Wouldn't/shouldn't have expected wings for this based on the time-line of the character (ie: obviously AFTER the wings were cut off)......

Don't know about the "lack of hands".....I see many pairs.....

Agreed, the dress/gown looks below HT standards, most notably in the last photo....maybe a bad photo.....?

Don't want to spoil anything but there is precedent for her to have her wings with this incarnation. And the hands are far less than what is usually included with other HT offerings. I also can't get over the hand that's grasping the staff. It looks stiff and unnatural. Kinda like a Barbie hand or something. Same can be said for the bird.

I haven't seen the movie...so I am just judging the figure on it's on merit. the way it is now just does not do anything for me. The horns on the head makes the figure for me useless for anything else. Had she had a optional head without the horns...(I will assume she did not appear in the movie minus the horns) she would be so bought, but since she do not , I can't find any reason to buy this figure. For those who saw the movie and loved the character her you go!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brooks View Post
    Don't want to spoil anything but there is precedent for her to have her wings with this incarnation
    Nope. She went black because she lost her wings (cut off by the bozo).....she was brown with wings.....and had different horns....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -malificent-jpg  
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Nope. She went black because she lost her wings (cut off by the bozo).....she was brown with wings.....and had different horns....

Did you see the movie? Again, I don't want to spoil it but there's a precedent and I don't mean the brown version. Her horns were also the same- just her head is wrapped in leather that goes partly up the horns. About 3/4ths of her horns are exposed in the black version.

I did see the movie...we are talking about the same movie, right?

I did see the movie...we are talking about the same movie, right?
    And you stayed to the end, right?

And you stayed to the end, right?
    Don't spoil it for others who haven't seen it......

Don't spoil it for others who haven't seen it......

I'm trying my level best not to but you playing dumb is making it really hard.

WOW! HT is really putting out figures to become SW Sith in my collection!! And a raven for my custom Crow figure to boot!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

Needs more green/purple.

I really wish I could say I don't want it but I would be lying... She looks pretty cool.

I'm trying my level best not to but you playing dumb is making it really hard.
    He's right Mark, that scene at the end, what she's wearing is different.
    It's very similar, but it's a completely different outfit. So the scene where she confronts King Stefan, which is where HT decided to make the figure, the addition of wings wouldn't make sense.

Great Figure ! And faster than me...grrr. So i have to Stop the Maleficent Bash.

Nice looking figure I don't give a f' about. That's a weird feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephiane View Post
    Great Figure ! And faster than me...grrr. So i have to Stop the Maleficent Bash.
    Why? That's never stopped me making my "poor man's" Iron Man figures Besides this probably won't be available for a year!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Haven't seen the movie... Yet! But aside from the head sculpt and the staff, I don't really see anything to justify what will no doubt be a $240 figure. I'm sure there are others that are very happy with it, and I say, Enjoy! I'll have to pass.

Not just the non-removable horns but the wildly exaggerated cheekbones (which are true to the make-up in the movie) will disappoint anyone who might have liked to use a Hot Toys Angelina sculpt for any other purpose than Maleficent itself. Too bad. For the kind of use that I would make of it, I am not sure the Hot Toys @$225 would really give me much more than the Premium Maleficent in the Disney store $35 US or even the massmarket version @$25 (which also exists in a brown winged version), with me making some tweaks to the latter.

Now very annoyed at myself that I never got the Sideshow Tim the Enchanter (John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail), because wouldn't these two just make a cute couple?

An easy pass for me... next!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Not just the non-removable horns but the wildly exaggerated cheekbones (which are true to the make-up in the movie) will disappoint anyone who might have liked to use a Hot Toys Angelina sculpt for any other purpose than Maleficent itself. Too bad. For the kind of use that I would make of it, I am not sure the Hot Toys @$225 would really give me much more than the Premium Maleficent in the Disney store $35 US or even the massmarket version @$25 (which also exists in a brown winged version), with me making some tweaks to the latter.

Now very annoyed at myself that I never got the Sideshow Tim the Enchanter (John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail), because wouldn't these two just make a cute couple?

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    I don't know about that but he does make a terrific donour figure, I believe mine is now part gladiator, part Templar Grand Master and Nadon (SW Hammerhead) has his staff! .
    Which are the Disney figures you're talking about? are they 1/6?
    Yes, they are 1/6. They are 11.5" meaning they don't seem to have the typical Playscale/Barbie reduction.

Disney Store has this at $35 US: http://www.disneystore.com/maleficen...53953/1000259/ and here is a winged version [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Maleficent-11-5-Royal-Coronation-Collector/dp/B00J9APCFA/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_1[/ame] or this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Royal-Coronation-Maleficent-Diaval/dp/B00K55NNT0/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_0[/ame]
    and here is the $20 "regular" movie Maleficent [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Maleficent-11-5-Dark-Beauty-Doll/dp/B00J9APGGA/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_0[/ame]

Buy them all twice with the money you were going to give Hot Toys, and you''ll still have lunch money left over.

BTW the Disney store offers those below (cartoon versions, some bash potential) often on sale as low as 2 for $15 US. Quick joke: when I was buying the dolls below the salesgirl asked me, "I see you like the Villains?" and I replied, "Excuse me - none of those allegations were ever proven in a Court of Law."

Get seven of these instead of the Hot Toys figure?

[/URL]