Figures.com Review: Hot Toys Appleseed figures - with honest look at paint peeling!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Figures.com Review: Hot Toys Appleseed figures - with honest look at paint peeling!

Figures.com Review: Hot Toys Appleseed figures - with honest look at paint peeling!

Figures.com Review: Hot Toys Appleseed 1:6 scale figures

Yup, paint peeling looks like it's going to be an issue no matter what, at least with this production run. If you bend the elbows of the figures and keep them posed that way. I've contacted Hot Toys about this and await their reply, but they've already addressed some of the issues with their new instructions and handling notes they'll be including in future releases of the figures (see review for these notes).

In all honesty, the paint peel on my Deunan is so small, you can barely tell it's there unless you're looking for it. Otherwise, when looking at the figure as a whole, you don't even notice it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for this review Jess. I'm still waffling back and forth between re-uping my canceled pre-order or not. It was a good and informative review, answered a lot of my questions.
    got privilege?

Sigh..when i was in the midst of deciding whether to purchase..an anvil was dropped..~ Though of course with good intention..~

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, it's unavoidable if you want to articulate at the elbow. I didn't even realized the paint peeled until I took a look at it a month later.

I posed both my figures in a way where they wouldn't have to bend at the elbow. I'm not even going to take the chance...
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

How about applying talcum powder? Dust powder in the area where the suit would come in contact with it`s self. Works on latex moulds....
    ~MERK..."Deeds Speak!"

Trade List