2008 Ignite Prototypes

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 2008 Ignite Prototypes

2008 Ignite Prototypes

Companeros,
    I found these and though I would share. Looks like an expensive year for me

saludos
    siquisiri

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I dig the ronin, ninja and the guardsman - the former complement the DID samurai line well, while the latter fit in nicely with Hot Toys' Pirates. Kudos to Ignite. While I'm not a fan of their base figs or sculpts generally, that issue is easily remedied.
    In an honest service, there are thin victuals, low wages and hard labour.
    In brigandry, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power...

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    These were shown earlier but I appreciate the larger pictures.
    I still like the French Guardsman in black and the Ronin. Would like some ninjas, but they'd have to be touched up to the level of trooper's.
    Always do your best in everything you do, and live on, happy. - Aya

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We have discussed these before , and to use the fashionable terminology , there are Issues .....
    Well , I can't say anything about the Ninjas , but I should save your money on the others , unless they make some improvements.

The Napoleonics : the Hussar ( for that is what he is ) might be made tolerable with a few tweaks . Where's his horse ?

The " Imperial Guard " is a joke . Everythings wrong.

The 17th century figures owe more to Hollywood that History : if those two swordsmen are supposed to be the King's Musketeers and the Cardinal's Men , they might at least get the Tabards right !
    And the Dutch Musketeer appears to be armed with a toy Musket : the real things had 46" barrels ! And where's his bandoleer , flasks, sword and match ?

And they are all wearing Napoleon's boots rather than period footwear.

To be fair , these are prototypes , and I have written to them politely pointing out the problems .
    Come on Ignite , you can do better than this ! Such possibilities , and all wasted !

Just love those Ninja's!

I agree with Tony, the French and Dutch figs could be amazing with some tweaks, but, it's still pretty likely that I will be picking them up

I love those ninjas!! My first 2 Ignite purchase for sure!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Barton
    We have discussed these before , and to use the fashionable terminology , there are Issues .....
    Well , I can't say anything about the Ninjas , but I should save your money on the others , unless they make some improvements.

The Napoleonics : the Hussar ( for that is what he is ) might be made tolerable with a few tweaks . Where's his horse ?

The " Imperial Guard " is a joke . Everythings wrong.

The 17th century figures owe more to Hollywood that History : if those two swordsmen are supposed to be the King's Musketeers and the Cardinal's Men , they might at least get the Tabards right !
    And the Dutch Musketeer appears to be armed with a toy Musket : the real things had 46" barrels ! And where's his bandoleer , flasks, sword and match ?

And they are all wearing Napoleon's boots rather than period footwear.

To be fair , these are prototypes , and I have written to them politely pointing out the problems .
    Come on Ignite , you can do better than this ! Such possibilities , and all wasted !
    I don't know about Ninjas or Musketeers, but I agree with you Tony about the Napoleonic figures. I'm not into this era, but I can say at first sight that these figures look wrong regarding the uniform accuracy and made of bad quality. These are prototypes of course, but I should say that when you want people to buy your stuff, you have to give a good preview of it, even if it's a prototype, or most of potential customers would just don't follow up the whole design process and won't buy the final product.
    Fall out gents!

Pascal

What is the estimated release date of these figures?

Ignites 2008

Looks like some good base figures to start with. Great looking boots really caught my eye.
    "its a cesspool down here, and when you make waves I get a mouthful"

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.
    ooowwww They have protental bash ideals..

from what I hear the Ninjas are gonna be about $50.00 if thats the case Im gonna get them all and few extras along with the Ronin. Hope thats the price cause its really cheap and I got tons of Kitbashing ideas for the Ninjas.

Duh... Huh??? What became of the original fotoz? And what are these WW1 German trench fighter (?) and Inca?????

Quote Originally Posted by Come In Nighthawk View Post
    Duh... Huh??? What became of the original fotoz? And what are these WW1 German trench fighter (?) and Inca?????

How bizarre!