General News Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Re: Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Definitely interested, hoping to get the different versions. Some serious Cyberpunk/Shirow stuff going on here.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Super Cool! Me want!!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

never thought I'd see something inspired by Tsutomu Nihei in 1/6 scale.

though i must admit, biomega wasn't my favorite of his works, and a safeguard drone from BLAME probably would have been something i would not have thought twice about spending money on it, this is still a nice fig in itself and great for anyone who might want one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human-revolblamecustom-jpg  

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So just to be clear, this goes up for pre-order in about 4 and a half hours?

It's up. I just ordered. Everything went very smoothly. If you want Paypal to use your credit card and it defaults to a direct withdrawal from your checking account, make the change BEFORE clicking "next." Paypal usually gives you two chances to make the change. Not here. (Credit card will mean foreign charge, of course.) Shipping to Southern California was $17.

Just came to the office and realised it's SOLD OUT!!! 25 minutes is all it took!!!!
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

Damn!!

damn it, it's sold out.... I WANTED ONE!!!

Kinda sad that it's sold out too, but happy their upcoming cyborg is probably looking more kickass, include weapons and gonna be in black colour! It's in the their concept art below in the Chinese website. So no regrets for missing out this one.

Medicom hater.

Sold out?
    Crap...

Damn, missed out on this!
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

I got lucky and was able to get one of these from the second run and it arrived a few days ago. Finally got the time to open it up and play around with it and it is a fantastic figure. The size was a bit of a let down as it isn't 12" tall like most 1/6 scale figures but its height of just under 11" works for the non-organic looking figure. I'm not familiar at all with what this is based on (a manga or anime I believe) but the design is great and it will fit right in in my Tony Stark lab as something like an Ultron prototype or something.

The joints are really tight without being too tight and all the articulation (and there's a LOT of it) works really well. The paint work is fantastic and the different colors and finishes give a look and feel of it being made of different materials which is great for the robotic design. It comes with a pair of relaxed hands and a pair of fists and I wish there was a pair of gripping hands to give it a little more use. Movable fingers would be ideal but the hands are so small and delicate I'd be afraid movable fingers would break or not hold a pose. It also has a version of Hot Toys PERS eye movement system but I didn't play around with that too much as the eyes were in a good position when I opened it.

Overall this is a great figure. It will fit in nicely in any futuristic displays or like I'm planning in Tony Stark's lab. I was having some second thoughts after I paid for it while waiting for it to ship but now that I have it in hand I'm really happy I stuck it out. Its a fun figure and I'm glad I got lucky to get one.

For those interested, here's my 1000Toys Synthetic Human Test Body Video Review!

Or if you prefer the written review, click below!

Links
    video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwowJOL7gfU
    written - http://radtoyreview.com/2014/08/25/r...man-test-body/

coolest figure i've ever seen.... i want one... sadly i'm broke.

Note to HT, THAT is how you do an ankle joint!

CHEERS!

Yeah, that ankle joint should def be copied to some extent, looks really solid.

Nice review too, Knives. Really sad I didn't get to snag one of these at SDCC this year.

That being said, I can't wait for the test body version to arrive.

Sorry for the bump but thought you guys should know especially when buying from unreliable sources :
    Counterfeit product information – ???? - TOA Heavy Industries

Interesting... thanks for the valuable information.
    1000 Toys only has themselves to blame. If they did not make these figures so damn rare there would be no market for counterfeiters. Did I spell that right?

It would be great to get another one costing less but that is not how this counterfeit scheme seems to be working.

Got mine in the mail today. Soooooo happy, my only criticisms would be the need for additional hands and it would be great fir him too be a little taller.
    Overall, great job 1000toys!

Paul F
    "I am an invisible man. When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves, or figments of their imagination-indeed, everything and anything except me." - Ralph Ellison (Invisible Man)

Quote Originally Posted by rivera2171 View Post
    1000 Toys only has themselves to blame. If they did not make these figures so damn rare there would be no market for counterfeiters. Did I spell that right?
    Exactly right. When you use limited availability as a marketing gimmick you leave the door wide open for the bootleg producers to come in. There is a reason why most KO product is of older Hot Toys product long withdrawn from the market for example (the vast majority of the Resident Evil Leon's you see for sale are counterfeit).

There is a simple and easy solution to the problem. 1) Get proper distribution (all it takes is 2 distributors in 2 countries to service 90% of 1/6 retailers), lotteries held at random times of the night do not count as distribution. 2) Drop the hipster marketing campaign and 3) Get the product widely available. Superior product that is widely available soon makes a KO go away and leaves the producers choking on their stock. 1000 Toys has created a great product, no reason for all the silly games.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Exactly! It's just a toy at the end of the day, but having to win lottery for honour of owning one?! Please
    I for one would buy a KO almost out of principle

Quote Originally Posted by rivera2171 View Post
    Interesting... thanks for the valuable information.
    I could not agree more. There is definitely a demand for these, and I can't imagine why 1000 toys is creating this scarcity. Counterfeiters are happy to fill that demand if you aren't. Make enough to meet the demand and collect lots of money seems like a reasonable business model to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodonit00 View Post
    Reminds me of I-Robot
    Makes me want to do a Will Smith kitbash...
    -Tangero

I disagree, to each their own but I 1000toys ia just a startup company probably trying t8 build revenue to release new products. These bootleggers aren't heroes they're opportunist trying to take advantage. It not like they're even matching the original product price. I can't judge anyone who buys, but these bootleggers are not assets in our hobby. Also, remember the rest figure was a convention exclusive, I greatful for the "raffle" if they didn't do that I gretaly suspect that scalper would have purchase them all. Soooo I'm grateful to a company like 1000toys who've I never heard of 2 years ago. My 2cents

Paul
    "I am an invisible man. When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves, or figments of their imagination-indeed, everything and anything except me." - Ralph Ellison (Invisible Man)

I've seen some listing on eBay where the box tops are white.....so those are knock offs? Also, the listing is from China and per the seller, he has sold 10. Since these are rare, I'm guessing this is a bad sign?

I boycotted them already, because I'm sick and tired of their bull$h!t hipster marketing. It's NOT they are selling the best looking cyborg / android in the one sixth universe.

Besides, ThreeZero has Robocop's "EM208" which looks miles better than this "Synthetic Human" and much easier to get. It also looks more like an actual cyborg / android.
    Actually, this "Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human" is nothing more than Hot Toys True Type nude body repaint with some modifications to it, if you observe it carefully. There's nothing that special about it IMO.
    Last edited by Wild Geese; 11-12-2014 at 22:05.

Medicom hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Geese View Post
    I boycotted them already, because I'm sick and tired of their bull$h!t hipster marketing. It's NOT they are selling the best looking cyborg / android in the one sixth universe.

Besides, ThreeZero has Robocop's "EM208" which looks miles better than this "Synthetic Human" and much easier to get. It also looks more like an actual cyborg / android.
    Actually, this "Toa Heavy Industries Synthetic Human" is nothing more than Hot Toys True Type nude body repaint with some modifications to it, if you observe it carefully. There's nothing that special about it IMO.
    Ha ha ha
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

You know this is a real cool figure and I want one, but this is rediculous. Why such a li it'd production run? Don't you want to make money? I mean WTF?
    Rick
    Tattooed Toy Geek