Product Review Review: DiD MI6 "Jack" & Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk Girl (Photo Heavy)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Review: DiD MI6 "Jack" & Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk Girl (Photo Heavy)

Review: DiD MI6 "Jack" & Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk Girl (Photo Heavy)

Behind in my photo reviews, so I did two shorter ones in one day: DiD's MI6 Agent Jack and the new Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk figure. As always, click any image for larger versions, or visit the photoset on Flickr.

Jack first:

DiD MI6 Agent Jack by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

Box for DiD's MI6 Agent Jack. It's made of pretty hefty cardstock with a band wrapping around it. Nice, compact packaging.

Lifting the lid reveals an insert that keeps everything together in the box.

Under the insert and one foam rubber sheet is Agent Jack himself, along with 2 pairs of extra hands and his Walther PPK (plus spare extended magazine and suppressor).

Close-up look at the headsculpt for Agent Jack. I really like it quite a bit, even if it's not Daniel Craig.

Familiar-ish pose. The outfit gets in the way because the shirt under the jacket adds a lot of bulk and restrict movement.

Under the jacket is a shoulder holster and a full white shirt. I think they might have done better to give you a full shirt for things like this and then just use a dickie and cuff to simulate being in the full tux.

Also can't figure out how to work the shoulder holster.

Not hugely impressssed with the DiD body, and the PPK is a very small gun. The figure hands are actually a little too big to hold it well.

Closer look at the Walther PPK it comes with, along with the spare extended magazine. As you can see, the slide moves, though it's not spring loaded.

Now the Flirty Girl Steampunk girl, which is their first full boxed figure and the release of their new base body.

Flirty Girl Steampunk Action Figure by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

This is Flirty Girl Collectibles' first boxed figure. It's based on the steampunk cosplayer/costumer Kato, and very specifically to this outfit she wore at the San Diego Comic Con 2009.

Inside the box is a formed plastic tray holding the fully dressed figure (though her skirt is riding up a bit) and the accesssories (which are limited to an extra set of hands, her utility belt, and a funky blade weapon.

The plastic holding her hair down can't be removed without popping off the head. This shot also shows the range of articulation of the new Flirty Girl body arms.

While I had the head off, I figured I'd get a shot of the entire costume, plus a look at the round neck peg. It looks a lot like the ones on the newer Phicen figures, so I'm assuming that it'll work the same way.

Close-up of the headsculpt, which isn't exactly Kato, but is pretty close and looks really good in my opinion. Definitely one of my favorite FGC headsculpts overall.

Not much assembly required, really.

Close-up look at her weapon. There's lots of detail on it, and it comes pre-weathered to look like it's seen some use.

Taking the FGC body for a bit of a trial for articulation. Other than the elbows, I'm actually very impressed by the body. It's much heavier than I expected, with very tight joints and good range of motion everywhere except the elbows and (to a lessser extent) the hips.

I'm pretty sure I could balance the figure for this pose, but I wasn't in the mood to screw around with it too much. There's a stand, but I really wanted to do another shot to show off the body's articulation.

And now, one of the strangest team-ups ever.

DiD MI6 Agent Jack and Flirty Girl Steampunk by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

I'm impressed with the accessories that come with the DiD MI6 agent, and the fact that it was hitting a $100 price point is about right (given prices sthese days). It's not a perfect headsculpt for Daniel Craig, but it is quite good anyway.

I'm really very impressed with everything on the FGC Steampunk figure, though. The outfit and accessories are terrific, as would be expected from their past efforts, but the new body is solidly built and very nice. I was thinking of taking this outfit off to transfer it and the head to a Phicen figure, but I think I'm going to leave it instead. There'll be more torture testing of the FGC body when I get the ones I preordered.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Review: DiD MI6 "Jack" & Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk Girl (Photo Heav

Nice~~

Re: Review: DiD MI6 "Jack" & Flirty Girl Collectibles Steampunk Girl (Photo Heav

Crikey, there's some serious giraffe neck going on when you take the tux jacket off Jack, that's something I never noticed before.

CHEERS!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice photo review as always, edwick. I got the FGC figure a couple days ago, and I think it's pretty cool also. I was thinking about getting rid of the skirt train, but it's starting to grow on me.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
    Is the flirty girl torso made off hard plastic?

Niels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

Niels.
    It's hard plastic:

Thanks Beastx

Thanks for the review, I have the Bond figure, waiting for my FGC to come in.

I love the MI6 agent. To me the head is close enough to DC for it to work on and with a number of different figures. Yes it was a bit light on accessories but for what I paid (under $90 shipped) I could not be happier.

As for the FGC I can only go by the pictures so far. It looks great and I can't wait. So the head is not exactly like the prototype, she still looks fantastic, too bad about the elbows though, I would have expect more articulation then that considering its almost 2014 and most companies have found a way to to elbows that move and look good.

A body transplant might be in order here....
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    To expand on BeastX's photo, the entire body seems to be made of the same material, and as I noted above, this figure feels like one of the heaviest, most durable figures I've ever worked with. The skin is also not as shiny as a lot of the prototype photos made it out to be. That was promised after the initial announcements about the body, so it's nice to see the follow-through.

Also, I've been told that the hip joints will have a bit more flexibility in the base body sets that should be coming Real Soon Now.

Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    Thanks everyone!

To expand on BeastX's photo, the entire body seems to be made of the same material, and as I noted above, this figure feels like one of the heaviest, most durable figures I've ever worked with. The skin is also not as shiny as a lot of the prototype photos made it out to be. That was promised after the initial announcements about the body, so it's nice to see the follow-through.

Also, I've been told that the hip joints will have a bit more flexibility in the base body sets that should be coming Real Soon Now.
    Thank you edwick, I appreciate it!

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I just bought the Flirty Girl, and I'm new to 1/6 figures, was wondering how to remove the boots on this figure as I want to use them on a phicen. I removed the screw on the bottom and unlaced the boot. It looks like the ankle part is built into the boot... so do I just pull it off the leg? I don't want to break it. If this is how you do it, then I'm assuming I have to have a phicen with removable feet to wear these boots?

thanks for the review as always. hate to sound like a hater, but I can honestly say those are another two figures I am so glad I passed on. but I am sure many would say that about the Hot Toys raiden at the price I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswerMVP2001 View Post
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread. But I just bought the Flirty Girl, and I'm new to 1/6 figures, was wondering how to remove the boots on this figure as I want to use them on a phicen. I removed the screw on the bottom and unlaced the boot. It looks like the ankle part is built into the boot... so do I just pull it off the leg? I don't want to break it. If this is how you do it, then I'm assuming I have to have a phicen with removable feet to wear these boots?

Yep, just grip the boot in one hand and the ankle area on the leg in another and pull. They might not work on the new Phicen bodies because I think (don't quote me!) the ball joint is on the body and not in the boot. Hopefully someone with one of the newer Phicen bodies will be able to answer that for you. Good luck!

Put the screw back in first, then like pis said, pull the boot holding on to the leg below the knee....let us know how you make out!
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by crusader1xxx View Post
    Put the screw back in first, then like pis said, pull the boot holding on to the leg below the knee....let us know how you make out!
    Well this is my first and probably last Flirty Girl figure. I can't for the life of me get this boot off. Tried what you said and it's not budging, I'm afraid if I pull much harder I might break something... but it may not matter as I've already managed to accidentally pop the top off the torso with very little effort...

While removing the head, the top half arched all the way back and the top half popped off. Now I can't get that back on! Is it officially broken?

Here's the torso (pic 1) it appears the large round disc inside the chest area (pic 2) needs to be inside the torso, but the tension from the spring makes it nearly impossible.

I've managed to arch the disc somewhat vertical in the back and pop it into that hole but getting the disc horizontal once in the hole is the problem. The only other way I can see to get this back is opening the torso along the seam, but I don't know if it's glued and I'd probably break the plastic pins inside.

This is a great first experience!

You could/should have used a hot air dryer and applied it to the ankle area of the boots/boot feet for about 30 to 45 seconds and then carefully pull the boots/boot feet off/out.

I read through your post a few times and quite frankly what you're experiencing is due to being impatient and just plain didn't know.

Many of us have experienced it previously and learned the hard way.

Keep in mind 1:6 female figures are not die hard durable items that can withstand manhandling.

Post pictures of the neck and head sculpt so we can see precisely what occurred visually and see if a solution is available.

I also recommend creating a new thread specifically addressing your issue with the FGC head and body and not get it convoluted within this existing thread.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswerMVP2001 View Post
    The separation of the chest from the torso was not related to me attempting to remove the boot, this was a separate instance. I removed the head a couple times with no issue. But when I went to remove it on this occasion the chest part (which is a movable joint, slipped back too far and popped out of the torso). I'm not quite sure how taking a picture of the neck and head will help in regards to reconnecting the chest to the torso.

I will give the hair dryer a try though on the boot.
    --

You're asking for assistance.

Pictures can show precisely what the issue compared to what is written.

Did the neck peg come off with the head sculpt or possibly break in half? I'm referring to the issue you mentioned about the head.

Again, create a new thread dealing specifically with repairing the figure than continuing in this thread so others can chime in a new thread.

I understand you're new to this and upset about what occurred. That's understandable.

Focus on the possible solutions. Be patient and let us help you the best we can by providing us with more information.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    You could/should have used a hot air dryer and applied it to the ankle area of the boots/boot feet for about 30 to 45 seconds and then carefully pull the boots/boot feet off/out.

I read through your post a few times and quite frankly what you're experiencing is due to being impatient and just plain didn't know.

Many of us have experienced it previously and learned the hard way.

Keep in mind 1:6 female figures are not die hard durable items that can withstand manhandling.

Post pictures of the neck and head sculpt so we can see precisely what occurred visually and see if a solution is available.

I also recommend creating a new thread specifically addressing your issue with the FGC head and body and not get it convoluted within this existing thread.
    Okay I will try the hair dryer idea.

I was just finally able to pop the chest back into the torso, so at least I fixed that.

I will create a separate thread regarding any other questions. Thanks