Hot Toys Military Interview - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys Military Interview - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Hot Toys Military Interview - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Action Online is working with Hot Toys to bring 1:6 scale fans the most in-depth news and information on Hot Toys' new figures, including their plans for future 1:6 scale military action figures...

If you have any questions pertaining to Hot Toys' military action figures, please post them here. I will personally collect approx. 12-15 questions next Wed, September 26th and email these questions to Hot Toys.

With luck, we'll have answers back from them shortly after (time for translation and answering obviously ).

Thanks -

Jess C. Horsley
    Managing Editor
    Action Online
    Last edited by crowinghorse; 09-22-2007 at 00:20.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

moxie is offline R&D Dept. Insanity Div.
    Will we see any modern British figures? With corresponding gear/equipment/weapons/clothes appropriate to the time? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! There are plenty of the USMC, Seals, HALO, etc. Why not get some of the boys across the pond?
    Last edited by moxie; 09-21-2007 at 11:03.
    Feedback/references:

OSW
    Ebay
    PB Nation

Will we see any snipers with ghillie suits (desrt, woodland etc.)?

Niels

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1- Following Moxie's question, if not British, any other non-US forces in the pipeline?

2- Are there any plans for new produtcion runs of older, not available releases (i.e. PMC, Green beret, etc)?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie
    Will we see any modern British figures? With corresponding gear/equipment/weapons/clothes appropriate to the time? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! There are plenty of the USMC, Seals, HALO, etc. Why not get some of the boys across the pond?
    I'd like to expand this question a bit to:
    Are we going to see any modern Non-US figures??

There are so many easy to research/obtain units/uniforms/equipement from countries like England, Germany, France, Kanda, Russia, etc.,etc., we -the collectors- have been begging for for years now.
    Kaboom???

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...
    Will we see a "basic" US soldier in ACU (something along the lines of the recently released USMC M249 gunner)? With an IOTV, hopefully?

What are the chances of a Canadian soldier in CADPAT being produced?
    Last edited by Jester; 09-21-2007 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie
    Yes please! Brits would be great... with the new OSPREY BA... and I wouldn't mind Russians or Polish....

basx is offline prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
    Hi all:
    my question:
    Will we see more small arm collections and basic uniform sets?
    xavier

British figures please

Maybe like the new HT Polar snipers can you make 1 woodland and 1 desert DPM figures setup as a normal everyday soldier or Royal Marine Commando.

Also HT hurry up and get the rights to licence Ghostbusters 1 figures , that would stright up blow everyones minds on this forum.

How About a two man set? ? ? Sniper and Spotter. That would be cool. My Wish list....I'd like to see More PMC/CIA Covert or Blackops type fig. Like Jack [24] Jason Borne with applicable weapons and com devices and equipment... You know, CO. Men.... " BlackWater, Shadow Co. " That Rainbow 6 set of figs posted here was [IMO] Better than anything I've seen boxed on a shelf. If I thought I had a real chance and didnt think He'd be offended I'd Offer to buy all 3...
    " Take care of Business, Or the Business will take care of you.. "

moxie is offline R&D Dept. Insanity Div.
    Quote Originally Posted by The other Jorg

There are so many easy to research/obtain units/uniforms/equipement from countries like England, Germany, France, Kanda, Russia, etc.,etc., we -the collectors- have been begging for for years now.
    How unthoughtful of me to only single out the Brits; Some of the other countries like Germany, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Canada, Columbia, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Afghanistan etc. would be great.

And what about gear only, versus a fully geared up figure. I would like to see kit available and not so much a body, would help drop the price a bit; Allows us to get our own body that we like.
    Last edited by moxie; 09-21-2007 at 16:29.
    Feedback/references:

OSW
    Ebay
    PB Nation

Q. Will there ever be figures from other nations(that are currently fighting the GWOT alongside the US forces): Australian, British, Canadian, German, Polish etc... ?

Quote Originally Posted by The other Jorg

I would like to request for Hot Toys to expand their modern jet pilots/aviators to include other nations.

1. RAF Tornado or Eurofighter aviator equiped with HMD (helmet mounted
    display) system

2. Soviet MiG and Sukhoi drivers specifically with the following gear/equip options:
    a. A High-altitude flight gear typical of the MiG drivers from the 60s - 70s (see attached pic below)
    b. Camouflage flight suits worn during the Afghanistan War of the 80s
    C. Naval aviators

Hot Toys were the first in producing accurate and detailed modern aviators which other 1/6 companies tried to emulate...BBI among the most successful with their Elite Force Aviators... and I believe this is their legacy and should continue to expand their Aviator figures lines to include other foreign nations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hot Toys Military Interview - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!-mig-21pf_cockpit-jpg  
    Last edited by AV8TORJoe; 09-21-2007 at 18:08.
    "Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime". Galland

Is there any chance you will be producing any WWII figures? I can't imagine how great they would be if you entered that market! Heres hoping.

budro 65

In the pilots series you will be producing any helicopter pilot or helicopter crew member figure?

Brit Trooper with Osprey armour, SA80 with grenadie launcher (UG), Day pack/small rucksack, pouches, helmet with dark goggles, etc.

Soviet Spetsnaz trooper of Afghanistan mid eighties. heavy armoured with flak jacket, machine gun, camo uniform

Canadian Trooper of Iraqi/Afghanistan tour

Israeli Trooper with baggy uniform, rucksack,rifle with grenadie launcher and many more pouches!

Will any of the following figures be taken into consideraton?

-British Modern spec ops trooper (SAS)
    -Australian modern SASR
    -US Modern Navy Seal Task Force in A-stan
    -US Modern SFOD-Delta CQB (in woodland uni)
    -US Modern AFSOC STS/CCT (in woodland uni)
    -US Modern USMC Force Recon (in woodland uni)
    -will the sets, especially the weapons be more to scale to 1:6, compared to previous releases like the M4-CQBr which seemed to be larger in proportion to others?
    -any carded gear sets (besides weapons) like vests, holsters, subloads, boots? Just like what TS and ACE offers, this way we can purchase great gear without having to purchase a complete figure.
    -any more cloth boots releases besides the recent Marine boots? Tan cloth laced boots, SI Oakley Cloth laced boots?
    -will the handguns on the figures be more accurate to their specific military branch/unit? (for example, Marines get 1911s and Seals get SIGs etc.)

Thanks for this thread because now at least members here can actually try to communicate and address their thoughts and opinions of previous and future releases. Hopefully Hot Toys will continue to improve, and provide one of the best 1/6 stuff out there. Thanks!!!

Good call on this OSW and figures.com
    Last edited by MigsGabb811; 09-21-2007 at 13:10.

Will any of the following suggestions be taken into consideraton?

Multicam bdu's
    special ops figure with paraclete acu's. acu rav, tc 2002 with acu cover, hk 416.
    paraclete smoke green plate carrier with cummerband.
    sas crw op. nimrod figure.
    22nd sas black kit modern day loadout, ankle mounted rope-bag, rappeling gear, avon gasmask, black hooded assault suit and overmask balaclava.
    1/6 mechanix gloves.
    I wanted a fine blade for a while now because I've shot a couple people and I can't wait to stab one.-TIMMY

Will there ever be any releases in non-regulation gear/clothing? USSOF/UKSF in Arab/Afghan clothing or civilian gear? They had a nice idea going with the CIA SAD guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crowinghorse
    OSW.com and Figures.com are working with Hot Toys to bring 1:6 scale fans the most in-depth news and information on Hot Toys' new figures, including their plans for future 1:6 scale military action figures...

If you have any questions pertaining to Hot Toys' military action figures, please post them here. I will personally collect approx. 12-15 questions next Wed, September 26th and email these questions to Hot Toys.

With luck, we'll have answers back from them shortly after (time for translation and answering obviously ).

Thanks -
    We are?? Well news to us.....
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

1- What is the process of obtaining Licenses to produce MOVIE/TV/GAME figures?
    Is it Easy? Hard? What future MOVIE/TV/GAME figures can we look forward to from HT?

2- Any future plans for more Military Clothing and Weapon sets?
    Casual Clothing and accesory sets?

3- HT is one of the few 1/6 producers that credit the Design/production team on the Box Packaging. Will HT consider doing an illustrated online feature on its site or on Figures.com or OSW.com on how the HT Design team produces a HT 1/6 Figure from Concept, prototype to final product?

Jess, check your PM inbox. We really appreciate all this but please post as a rep for Action Online and not the OSW, at least not without running this by me first. It doesn't help the relationship. Thanks!

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Can I have your Children? Or will you have mine?

Regular US soldiers and other VIETNAM figures to include NVA, VC, and other allied army soldiers.
    HOOAH!
    RANGERS LEAD THE WAY....

"Lost One, are you lost Two over?".....

I have to echo [email protected] question.

Will Hot Toys be planning any more helicopter pilots or crewman in the future. We've touched on flight gear before but we need more helo gear.
    Also will we see any coalition troops being made, irish, canadian, brits, new zealand, aussies, etc?

Hot Toys may want to play with the idea of various "uniform sets" with boots, shirt and pants, bergen, etc.
    'Good people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men are prepared to do violence on their behalf'

George Orwell

I'm more concerned with weapons. Will we see:

HK 416
    HK 417
    HK G36C
    FN SCAR (all variations)

but for kitted figures I'd like more:

SAS CRW modern
    SASR TAG modern

and would it be too much to ask for a assault and desert Landrover?

I second cykninja's comments about more firearms series sets involving weapons that have yet to be done by mainstream 1:6 companies:

HK 416
    HK 417
    HK G36C
    FN SCAR (all variations)
    Isreali TAR 21 Tavor
    MK14 Mod 0
    M24 SWS
    Molon Labe

I think HT had "meddle" with other types of figures and obviously, only the US SpecOps are selling. I do not know about the sales in other regions but I am looking at the HT figures still on the shelf today in the retail outlets here in Singapore :

1. NAM SEAL (the muscular one)
    2. French GIGN (both of them)
    3. Pilots (Val Kilmer, Tom Cruise and the NAM F4 pilot)
    4. Tank Crew CVC - probably due to over production.

Most of the above items were on sale (20% off) previously by their distributors but still the sales wasn't as expected.
    With these experiences, I doubt HT will consider making other Nation's SpecOps or Troopers in a mass production scale. Probably they will for show's special etc, small run.

OK, I think I OT'ed... anyway, no harm asking nonetheless

Here are my couple of questions :

1. Do HT have plans to make more accessories / uniform sets? We could make use of some extra items apart from buying boxed sets.

2. I would love to have HT revert back to cloth boots with "real" feet. Molded gloves is fine nevertheless.
    Go 1 down to advance 2 up
    Red6

why dont you guys just break it down to one question..."Can we have the list with your planned figures incl. accessoires for the next 5 years?"
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

rambeau87 Unregistered Guest
    I wasn't gonna say anything but since no one else is saying it....

You its been a while since you guys released a military female figure. Do you have any plans on, or would you consider releasing a new one ?

Oh and ya know...

Cadpat ,Multicam, Marpat wood, yada yada yada.....