DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day

"an 11 week college for the phoney tough and the crazy brave.."

DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day

Ran over there to get my attendee pass-soooo small-lets just cram stuff in to the smallest possible exhibition room possible I thought that I would have to come back tomorrow to pick up my exclusives but I got them today-I really like the howitzer but it is resin and I don't know how durable it will be-put some pics in --My recommendation-if ya can get in for free, it might be worth it or ya really want the exclusives -otherwise no-Cyberhobby has some nice stuff but they are part of "Value packs" --$99, $160, $215, $270 !!! and parking was 11 dollars for an hour, 16 for 2 hours and 20 dollars for 3 or more hours !! Will have more pics tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-gun-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8229768-jpg  
    Last edited by Usmcrtop; 08-24-2007 at 23:57.
    Alumnus Major Tommy Taylor's Jump and Dive Club

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sounds brutal.

I'll just wait for WoH, but thank you for taking the time to update us.
    Maintiens le Droits

I hear that 1B4. Crammed into a small room? That is a shame. Thanks for the update Usmcrtop.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sounds like Dragon should consider partnering with AWOH again ...

more pics

Here is the conventioneer exclusive Danny McMillan-don't think it has the Neo 3 body
    Also shown is the Alfred Kuzmaul figure, nothing spectacular, but is a REAL person= has a Bio on the back of the box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8229778-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8229776-jpg  

The convention exclusive Danny figure appears not to have even one new item other than headsculpt? Seems a bit weak..

If your into models and books it is worth going to. Park across the street at the lot behind the Hilton.$2 bucks an hour,$10 max.Not too much modern but saw the new 101 saw gunner for $80.Cyber-Hobby showed a Quad .50 on a trailer.No price or date.

for 200 plus bucks,they shouldve but a set of d.i.d. jump boots iin him

Thanks for the straight story, Top. The pack howitzer looks cool. Seems like they're kind of tough on the customers, too much hobby money for too little product, and too much for stuff like parking.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

2nd day

Here are 2 pics from my 2nd day visit-one is the north east corner and the other is the southeast corner of the room 8 foot away-couldn't take any pics of Cyber hobby stuff-Quad fifties on a trailer is real, real nice-dunno price. I heard that the 1/6th dealers there were invited because they did NOT have a prescence at WOH and that they were not charged anything for their spaces at DX. Have also included a pic of Kit Carson-nice but not great-however I thought the headsculpt is better than the official SST one. Friday at 4 will be a new figure preview by Scott Crawford -might go to that but I am sure no pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8239783-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8239784-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8239795-jpg  
    Last edited by Usmcrtop; 08-24-2007 at 01:57. Reason: spelling

Wow, DX07 doesn't look much larger than the old DeSimone gatherings in Burbank.

What the heck is that? That is the show? You can't be serious? I am with 1B4, I wait for WOH.

I also was going to remark that the last Desimone show I attended (San Antonio) was about that big. In a hotel meeting room! This seems kinda spartan. Was there more than one room or was this it?

Oh Wow! More WWII stuff from Dragon, how novel.

Is it conceivable to think that one day they will run out of WWII stuff to reproduce?

imho dml has drivin' alot of there customers away with overpriced exclusives,the whole poly-scandel,and the c.h. lack of service.and of course the mods on the mdfc are total ass-bags. i bet dx-08 is even smaller

What did the swimmer look like and any idea of what its made of?
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
    What the heck is that? That is the show? You can't be serious? I am with 1B4, I wait for WOH.
    Well, what do you expect with only 5 dealers? Monkey Depot, Time Walker Toys,
    ToyChestAndCollectibles, GoodStuffToGo and another one whose name I don't know.
    I'm glad I passed on this "show." I don't see to many other 1/6 guys walking around, either.
    I didn't want any of the exclusives, not into models and I'm not a big DML fan to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Usmcrtop
    I heard that the 1/6th dealers there were invited because they did NOT have a prescence at WOH
    If this is true, I bet they wish now that they went to WOH. I wonder if this might be why these dealers were not at WOH?

Thanks for the information and pics, Top! I was wondering about it, and now I know. And knowing is half the bat.....oh, never mind.
    "Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown. For Thine is the kingdom, & the power & glory forever, Amen." SF Prayer

Sawgunner is offline I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
    See anyone walking around in OSW attire? Oh. There wasn't any room to walk around.
    This ain't no place for no hero.This ain't no place for no bitter man... - THE HEAVY

Butch, If you want I will represent the OSW with the right attire tomorrow.

nan

on second thought...
    Last edited by nan1000; 08-24-2007 at 18:43. Reason: changed my mind

Thanks for the pics! I think I really wanna get M1A1 75mm Howitzer as you describe.

3rd day

Got there late for the Fall preview (pesky traffic) was singularly un-impressed-6 items-4 ww2 Germans, one American, one Russian ! Modern and Vietnam guys shut out again !!They are shown on another thread --ahh why bother-your intrepid reporter wishes to be impartial
    -Rant here
    Dunno what DML really thinks-Scott Crawford seems like a nice guy but it doesn't seem as if they want to grow the hobby-"we are steps ahead" He could have dropped trousers and the other guys there might have gone for it (All 3 fanboys-I have seen more people at an EBT barbeque than this preview!) Production seems tilted towards plain vanilla figures with ONE new or desirable item included and really desirable figures (McAuliffe , for example) are sold thru Cyber Hobby-make no mistake, DML , Universal Models, and Cyber Hobby are all owned by Freddy Leung so he will do whatever puts the most money in his pocket-- Anyway, I think it is a mistake for DML not to participate in WOH-Ford and Chevrolet both participate in the Detroit Auto show-its the kind of thing where you bring your best and the marketplace decides your fate-The main difference is I can only buy a Ford OR a Chevy but if DID and DML both produce somehting good, I can buy both.
    End Rant
    Back to the show-I have included some pics of some contest enties that seemed close to 1/6th scale-great stuff !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8249828-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8249829-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8249830-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8249831-jpg   DX 07 First day/ 2nd day more pics/3rd day-p8249832-jpg  

This was a three day show? I am sorry as I hate to sound like I am complaining. But there doesn't look to be enough there for a 3 hour show. I didn't attend, so I really shouldn't be saying anything, but if I had paid my airfair and hotel to attend this, I would have been right pissed off.

ya gotta look at it this way-DML also produces model kits-this was held in conjunction with the IPMS nationals-they got exposure for all their forthcoming models with those people-if they had shown at WOH, there wouldn't have been as much exposure for their model kits-there is some overlap between that group and ours (not much ) so for relatively low cost they get a lotta exposure for their product -it wasn't really a show as far 1/6-a lotta of the model kit guys walked thru but I bet they didn't buy anything but I know they looked at the displays-I think cost is a major factor for them now-last years DX was sparsely attended so I don't think they want to spend money if they don't have to-Next years IPMS nationals will be in Virginia Beach-see if they follow-I know I won't

I believe we're still being punished for trashing DML's k-pots. I seem to remember Scott commenting about that.

After drying our tears and stilling our deep sobs, we've gone on to do our own, or use the great ones made by SOTW and the various smaller shops that seem to actually like the hobby.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by 5x5!
    I also was going to remark that the last Desimone show I attended (San Antonio) was about that big. In a hotel meeting room! This seems kinda spartan.
    The last Desimone show that I saw in Chicago 2-3 years ago was probably larger than this.

My sympathies to those dealers who spent their time and money to be a part of this show and to those attendees who didn't get their money's worth.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

That looks about as big as the DFW show that was held in conjuntion with the Dallas Comic Con a few months back. That was a nice show and had plenty of 1/6 dealers and I've been told it'll be held in a bigger room next spring.

You'd think DML could do better.

And we organized the DFW show in less than 3 months, no less. ;-)

Greg

Ill go into detail later but I just got back from DX and here is my review
    talked to Ron V and that was nice
    Politics aside I talked to Scott and he was very nice and polite
    I got a sence of frustation from him in regards to modern and brits
    he wanted them but DML doesnt
    it was small
    too small
    I wish whatever bad blood is between the chinese they would resolve it so we could have one big show instead of many substandard smaller ones
    the swimmer is a thing of beauty and all plastic and I would assume this will be a regualar release soon or at least a kit to build
    the 75mm Howitzer is great
    it is mostly plastic in the right places with the exception of the wheels but overall a well done crisp piece
    I wasnt interested in the figures so I really didnt look at them other than to notice that they are basically the same ole same ole
    the model side was nice to see but WOH it wasnt
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten