Product Announcement [soldierstory]82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION NORMANDY 1944 - Page 4

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: [soldierstory]82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION NORMANDY 1944

Re: [soldierstory]82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION NORMANDY 1944

if only this came with an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine...I woulda bought it in a heartbeat!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Guess what's out...
    Finally out...
    This is out... in Hong Kong.
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Soldier Story, if your out there listening please pay attention! WW2 British Airborne soldier with options to convert to Canadian or Polish Paratrooper. Modern British Infantry and Special forces, German KSK ......

Diversify! All. The American figures are fantastic but please please, remember its not just a US market out there, you are missing a golden opportunity as i beleive some of the above mentioned subjects would fly off the shelves.

Stuart.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace007 View Post
    Soldier Story, if your out there listening please pay attention! WW2 British Airborne soldier with options to convert to Canadian or Polish Paratrooper. Modern British Infantry and Special forces, German KSK ......

Diversify! All. The American figures are fantastic but please please, remember its not just a US market out there, you are missing a golden opportunity as i beleive some of the above mentioned subjects would fly off the shelves.

Stuart.
    ^^^THIS^^^

I would absolutely love SS to turn their attention to us Brits.... A WW2 Para would be nice, though I'd love somebody to finally tackle a Royal Navy figure (still surpised nobody's released a Bond-style RN Commander uniform!)
    Also modern Brit stuff... let's not forget the boys who were the original SF... the good old S.A.S.

These "I wish for that", or "I would rather have this" posts would be better served in their own threads, rather than buried at the end of an 8 month old topic about a totally different specific release....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    These "I wish for that", or "I would rather have this" posts would be better served in their own threads, rather than buried at the end of an 8 month old topic about a totally different specific release....
    Valid point i am sure, but i did not personally drag up an old thread, the purpose of wishing for something is that one day they may actually 'step up to the plate' i really love SS figures, they are beautifully put together and the amount of kit you get is truly amazing for the most part.

I really would love to see SS tackle other subjects beside the endless sea of Seals, Marines etc etc.

No harm in wishing is there?:

Stu.

Absolutely no harm, wishing is free!

But why not start a thread dedicated to your wish, instead of wishing for something in a thread that's about a specific figure? That would be noticed more than being buried in a thread (a necropost, at that) totally unrelated to what you wish for........

Just throwin' that out there, is all......
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Does anyone know when this will be released in the US?

Thanks.

Looks like Budro 65 beat them to it.......he posted this 2 days ago (Jan. 18).....an excellent fiigure!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [soldierstory]82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION NORMANDY 1944-budro-jpg  

I've got one on pre order here in the UK but no news as to when they'll be shipped yet.

So, for those who have this figure on display, what did you do with the parachute or how did you display it? would love to see what you guys decided to do with it.

I don't have this figure, but what I did with the old BBI German Para is I used a plastic garbage can lid to hold the chute open. With it being grey it kind of blended in...

You can see him hanging in the right corner of this picture

" and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Just a quick question guys, is this a clicker?

sorry for bumping this old thread.

Sure looks like a "clicker".....

Yeah its the famous cricket that was issued to the 101st for D-Day.

Looks like a dikfer.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by hoodonit00 View Post
    Looks like a dikfer.

what do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzer View Post
    Yeah its the famous cricket that was issued to the 101st for D-Day.

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkpunk View Post
    Just a little joke.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme23 View Post
    So, for those who have this figure on display, what did you do with the parachute or how did you display it? would love to see what you guys decided to do with it.

I would be interested to know, too... I had no idea what to do with mine, so I left it in the box. I was thinking of trying to pose the figure in a "just landed and gathering up the chute" sort of pose, but I wasn't sure if the parachute pack on his back could be opened up/emptied and I was scared to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Thank you for mentioning that. It seems in the past few weeks every time I see a new Product Announcement it is like 3..2..1.. then someone asks “Where are the Brits?” I agree that Soldier Story and DAM have not been putting them out, but Dragon-Models and Barrack Sergeant British stuff is pretty good, and not that hard to find. I really like all of my Dragon Brits a bunch.

I buy a diverse collection of figures representing all different nations, but I have to admit, I really like the US Special Forces/SEALs and Marines the best... when people post that "we" are all sick of them, it is not really an accurate statement.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Thank you for mentioning that. It seems in the past few weeks every time I see a new Product Announcement it is like 3..2..1.. then someone asks “Where are the Brits?” I agree that Soldier Story and DAM have not been putting them out, but Dragon-Models and Barrack Sergeant British stuff is pretty good, and not that hard to find. I really like all of my Dragon Brits a bunch.

I buy a diverse collection of figures representing all different nations, but I have to admit, I really like the US Special Forces/SEALs and Marines the best... when people post that "we" are all sick of them, it is not really an accurate statement.

Maybe it should read...

A large proportion of non American 1:6th modellers could be considered bored/miffed/confused that their nations finest are under represented in 1:6th and would like to honor their courage and bravery in the same way that those people who enjoy US based figures are able too. ;-)
    I pose dollies, we take pics!
    www.vonabt.co.uk

You need be careful when using the quote button....you need to edit my quote......I only said the first sentence.....fresh eddie fresh said the rest......

Quote Originally Posted by drunkpunk View Post

You were supposed to say "what's a dikfer?"....then use your imagination for the answer.....

so how and where do I buy one of these???

Quote Originally Posted by bldrhouse View Post
    so how and where do I buy one of these???
    EBay might be a good place to look. Unfortunately it's been discontinued. I may know someone that has one in stock if you're interested. If so then PM me on this site or better yet shoot me an email at [email protected]