THE BEATLES, anyone?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: THE BEATLES, anyone?

THE BEATLES, anyone?

I know this has *probably* been asked before, but since I'm pretty new to the 12" scale, I wanted to ask just in case.

Anyone here tackle any 12" scaled BEATLES pieces? Just trying to see how they handled the likenesses, etc.

I figured that they would have popped up a lot on eBay now and then, but I can't recall having ever seen any.

Matt
    aka Iron-Cow

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll bet if you delve into a thorough search of all the DML and BBI offerings you might just find a perfect match ( esp. with some Sculpey help ) What period are you aiming for - shorter haired early career, or shaggy bearded post maharishi phase?
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

I always like the middle Rubber Soul/Revolver era myself Although the music was good all stages of their career!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No doubt Chris. I recently have been received Let it Be on CD ( Let it Be Naked - unremastered - includes a great interview disc ) I am amazed that the album was recorded on a roof top. All the Beatle looks have been memorable ( Sgt. Pepper was a fav when I was a little kid ) I think a Beatles bash would be a great project. Maybe each member representing a differnt stage or look in their career.
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Well, here's the deal... I picked up the NECA John Lennon 7" figure and cast the head. Really wanting to do a batch of early Beatles (Rubber Soul? Beatles for Sale?), Sgt. Pepper, and then some late Beatles (Abbey Road or Let it Be).

The later Beatles would be a bit easier, since most of their faces are hidden under all the beards and hair, but the earlier Beatles are gonna be tough.

I've seen a couple toys/statues out there, but they're all in the $150 range. I don't mind buying them, molding the heads, and reselling them as long as the likenesses were pretty good. Unfortunately, most of them seem *just* cartoony enough to make me not want to take the risk.

Anyway, pretty much trying to track down some busts, garage kits, pretty much anything that's got a get sculpt, and then scale it down to the size I need.

I'm a 7" guy myself, but if I can make some 12" scaled casts, I'd be more than happy to as well.

Totally open to suggestions on this one... The Lennon head I've got is perfect. Just gotta figure out the rest.

Matt
    aka Iron-Cow