Sgt Miller, I thought they only sold this at WOH?!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sgt Miller, I thought they only sold this at WOH?!

Sgt Miller, I thought they only sold this at WOH?!

Hey, I thought that this was special and only sold at WOH!

http://www.yentown.com/

Hit (on the left side) 12" 피규어, then hit Toy Soldier.
    Last edited by Davinator65; 06-10-2007 at 02:52.
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ha-Ha! loopholes.

I knew it! No way that all 800(limited, huh?) will be sold out at WOH!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"an 11 week college for the phoney tough and the crazy brave.."
    How do ya know that he didn't buy it at WOH and is taking it back to Korea?? I'll tell ya I was at WOH and there are a lot less than 800 available there-try less than 500
    Alumnus Major Tommy Taylor's Jump and Dive Club

Annd who says he actually has it
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

I didn't say I have it. All I said, "I thought that this was special and only sold at WOH!"

It is pre-order anyways. Like I said, I don't like this figure. The head sculpt is cartoonish.

I wasn't referring to you Davinator,I was referring to the shop.Sorry about that.
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

Red face

that's no surprise, is it? it happens all the time with those so-called exclusive releases. it's just a way to jack the price up; people will be desperate to get one just because it says exclusive. and the dealers can ask more for it just because.

But it's only 80 bucks at the show.If you pay more that's up to you.So if anyone pays a "jacked up"price it's on the secondary market.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CorranJ
    But it's only 80 bucks at the show.If you pay more that's up to you.So if anyone pays a "jacked up"price it's on the secondary market.
    that's what i mean. just wait for them show exclusives to turn up on ebay...

they r actually up for pre-order on some China websites.
    ________
    Laguna Bay II Condos
    Last edited by tang; 09-01-2011 at 18:37.

500 were show exclusives that include being put on the list for the camo head. 300 are for Asia exclusives but do not offer the camo head
    Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

That means ther's hope for us yet who didn't get to WOH. Yessssss

I know a dealer that will be getting them in for sale aswell. Mine will be signed so that's even better. Got mine from someone that attended WOH
    Last edited by Austeyr; 06-12-2007 at 03:19.
    'Good people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men are prepared to do violence on their behalf'

George Orwell

Well since someone else said it.500 went to the WOH,100 Alan from TS kept,and 200 will be split among the asian dealers.But the Camo head will only go to the WOH attendees.

Hmmm why did Alan from TS keep 100 for himself?
    Second place is first loser!

Quote Originally Posted by MK-23
    That is a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_MP
    500 were show exclusives that include being put on the list for the camo head. 300 are for Asia exclusives but do not offer the camo head
    and didn't have the chance to get it signed by Miller in the flesh

Hmmm !!

I don't know about the painted head? Cuz it says, "Hand-Painted SGT Kenn Miller head."

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator65
    I don't know about the painted head? Cuz it says, "Hand-Painted SGT Kenn Miller head."
    yes the figures don't have the camo head. I was told that they will be shipped to the buyers once they are finished.

I want to know how are they going to do this , did they take the names and addy's of the buyers ?

The figure i have comming , the seller has said he is going to ship the head once he gets it.

On May-31-07 at 18:35:27 PDT, seller added the following information:
    The camo head may be not be ready in time for WOH-winning bidder will receive it at a later time at no additional cost- so this figure actually will come with 2 heads !

Who cares why he kept 100.He's the maker of the figure.He can do whatever he wants!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo_2_Zero
    yes the figures don't have the camo head. I was told that they will be shipped to the buyers once they are finished.

I want to know how are they going to do this , did they take the names and addy's of the buyers ?

The figure i have comming , the seller has said he is going to ship the head once he gets it.
    Yes... They took the names and address of those who purchased one at the Show. Said the 2nd or Alternate head would be mailed to you. I was No.1 in line for the new purchases on Friday. Got mine Signed by Mr. Miller and Alan. Both very nice Gentleman.

I was able to get a loose short body from EBT this weekend at the show (actually the demo body). It's a fantastic addition and perfect for my Gurkha!
    Maintiens le Droits

"an 11 week college for the phoney tough and the crazy brave.."
    Alan said that he is considering a run of the body alone-but the factory he deals worth has a schedule and he can't just make arbitrary changes to production runs-there was also talk of a femaile version with realistic Jiggling Breastisis !!
    Alumnus Major Tommy Taylor's Jump and Dive Club

WoW!!!! Jiggling Breast....? Yes Sir..with an Angolina Jolie Head Sculpt....I saw an Angelina HS at the Tri-ad Booth.. Incredible...

9612 Las Tunas Drive Temple City, CA 91780 (626) 292-1468
    Hey, I thought that this was special and only sold at WOH!
    I didn't say I have it. All I said, "I thought that this was special and only sold at WOH!"
    It is pre-order anyways. Like I said, I don't like this figure. The head sculpt is cartoonish.
    Now I really appreciate all the guys that were trying to help but I think I'll handle this one.

Davinator65, are you some kind of super-genius-sherlock holmes with incredible powers of deduction?

I believe you just uncovered the most incredible plot of all plots! You have finally unearthed the most atrocious actrocity! The most criminal crime! The most horrendous horror! The figure is not special anymore because someone else is selling it outside of WOH. Oh the horror! The madness!

Can you get a life? A clue? A purpose for your existance?
    Maybe it's your life to uncover all the plots that THE MAN is doing?
    Maybe you already have a clue because of your super-deductive powers?
    Maybe your whole damn purpose for your existance is to continue to waste oxygen and sit in front of your computer looking and uncovering plots that according to you, you do not like and lead people to think that you really aren't interested in the figure because the HS is "cartoonish"?

For someone who really doesn't care for the figure you are doing a great service to the OSW for uncovering our master plan to lie and deceive everyone. Yes, you are correct! There are only 800 figures made of the figure. What was that? Yes EIGHT HUNDRED! That's what we said.

Because of your awesome powers of telling the future and know all that there is to know, you knew that there were only 500 pcs for sale at the show, right?
    Because of your knowledge that the planet earth was round while we all still think it's flat that as Toy Soldier distributors, Echo Base and LazyCat share exclusives, right?
    (You've just forced me to uncover more trade secrets about the dark side of action figures. Of course this is information that you did not need to know nor was it any of your damn business)
    Because you are the person that has round wheels while we still have square wheels, you knew that this figure is about Kenn Miller and not 1/6 vietnam, right?

Did you know that Kenn Miller approved of the headsculpt? Of course you did, that's why it's still cartoonish. Kenn Miller is a cartoon! Didn't you know that? Everyone that met him this weekend saw the cartoon-man.

Ha-Ha! loopholes.
    That is a good question.
    Come one sheeple, X-Files has not been on TV for some time now.

I knew it! No way that all 800(limited, huh?) will be sold out at WOH!
    We never said that there would be 800 pcs for sale at the show, we only said that there we ony 800 pcs made. Without adding more hype to the figure, we decided not to included "only 500 pcs" at the show, because 1. we wanted people who attended the show to be the only ones able to get the exclusive and 2. we did not want people to blow off the WOH show because they could get it elsewhere.

I'm sure with Davinator65's super-sleuthy abilities, he knew all this. But this:

Umm, are the features on the headsculpt HAND painted or machined painted? I did type in caps in case your super deduction powers are not working right now. It does not state Camo painted head. I believe most people could tell the difference between a painted head and a camo painted head.

The camo HS is going to be available for anyone that purchased the figure at the show or the few that will be available at the Toy Soldier shop in HK. Why Alan the owner of Toy Soldier would want to do with the figures he makes go this route I cannot not understand. Damn it! Just cause you make the figures you should not keep any to do as you wish. Where is the fairness? Where is the justice?

EBT wrote down the names and addresses of all the people who wanted the CAMO painted HS after they purchased them. Because of the time constraints, the Camo painted HS did not arrive in time for the show.

But back to the conspiracy, the figure is not special. Just to let you know, the figure is a representation of Sgt Kenn Miller who served THREE years as a LRRP in Vietnam. He is a very nice and humble man and has served his country proudly and courageously. He was very humble and still could not understand why he was being honered as a Hero during the WOH saturday night dinner. Toy Soldier and Echo Base Toys are very honored and gracious that we could present Sgt Kenn Miller his finished figure.

If you had even considered attending the show or just STFU about a figure you did not like nor had any intention of acquiring, you would know that this figure is special. Not because it's an exclusive only available at a show but because it's a figure of a hero named Kenn Miller.

Consider yourself PWNed!
    It's all about OPAI!

EBT wrote down the names and addresses of all the people who wanted the CAMO painted HS after they purchased them. Because of the time constraints, the Camo painted HS did not arrive in time for the show.
    Thanks Tung for the Info.

...I actually felt the pee trickle down my leg while reading that...
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

grand moff tung "Can you get a life? A clue? A purpose for your existance?
    Maybe it's your life to uncover all the plots that THE MAN is doing?
    Maybe you already have a clue because of your super-deductive powers?
    Maybe your whole damn purpose for your existance is to continue to waste oxygen and sit in front of your computer looking and uncovering plots that according to you, you do not like and lead people to think that you really aren't interested in the figure because the HS is "cartoonish"?"...is this an insult? Because all I did was go to one of my favorite sites here in Korea and I saw the action figure here. So, if your trying to egg me on to do something...it isn't working. In fact, I'm laughing right now!
    Last edited by Davinator65; 06-12-2007 at 04:14.