FBI CIRG questions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: FBI CIRG questions

FBI CIRG questions

I just recieved my CIRG figure in the mail (super awesome) and I had a few questions on assembling him. First, how do the tactical goggles secure together. Do the two buckle points attach to the helmet or each other? Secondly, I think that I have the radio set up properly,but there is an extra lead from the green and black SYLYNX unit that doesn't seem to go anywhere. Am I missing something? Thirdly, the molded gloved hands don't seem to want to attach to the hand pegs. Any suggestions? And fourthly, not so much a question as an observation: this figure kicks sooooo much a**!
    Jack Bauer could strangle you with a cordless phone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: FBI CIRG questions

The goggles attach to the Helmet
    The lead is for attaching to another radio,if there was one
    And you may have to force the wrist pegs into the hands.
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

You can carefully soften the peg hole in the gloves by using a hairdryer, and then put the pegs in.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well I've not previously collected military or police and this thing is intimidating. No instructions for what goes where. Apparently I'm supposed to pour over photos for hours and guess what these items are and where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by azslogan View Post
    Well I've not previously collected military or police and this thing is intimidating. No instructions for what goes where. Apparently I'm supposed to pour over photos for hours and guess what these items are and where they go.
    LOL, thats what I did, took me 3 hours... I recommend checking out the thread on here that was originally posted when the figure was announced, the pictures are nice and clear and there are loads of them...

It's part of the fun putting it together!
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

Yeah I put my Cirg together last night it was a real challenge and I had to run out to the dollar store to buy tweezers to thread the lining.
    Took about 3-4hrs to put it together and it looks amazing.
    I also had no idea how to put the goggles so I tucked into the Helmet and I gave up on the radio and just ran the wires into the vest.

You don't have to make it look like the box art. You can use reference photos from books or the Internet or just have fun and make it look like you want.

Haha same here for me! Took me 3, 4 hours going bunch of stock stock photos to figure out what goes where. I think I have a pouch leftover I don't even know where it goes, none of the photos show it equipped.

The triple pouch?
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CorranJ View Post
    The triple pouch?
    If you go to the http://www.soldierstory-toys.com/pro...00/FBI-092.jpg
    Soldier story website you can see that the tripple puch is optional to put on the back

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    I just recieved my CIRG figure in the mail (super awesome) and I had a few questions on assembling him. First, how do the tactical goggles secure together. Do the two buckle points attach to the helmet or each other? Secondly, I think that I have the radio set up properly,but there is an extra lead from the green and black SYLYNX unit that doesn't seem to go anywhere. Am I missing something? Thirdly, the molded gloved hands don't seem to want to attach to the hand pegs. Any suggestions? And fourthly, not so much a question as an observation: this figure kicks sooooo much a**!
    I bought the hands to put on one of my Hot toys body and it wouldn't fit, so I microwave some water for five minutes, let the gloves sit in there for maybe half a minute and they popped right on...try this if you haven't already figured a way to get them on.

Wait till you have to put pegs in molded boots one day....OW OW OW OW.

Boiling water and a hair dryer go a long way.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CorranJ View Post
    The triple pouch?

Quote Originally Posted by newbielives View Post
    If you go to the http://www.soldierstory-toys.com/pro...00/FBI-092.jpg
    Soldier story website you can see that the tripple puch is optional to put on the back
    Yup, that's the one. I think I saw that photo too but it won't fit with all the gears so I didn't put it on.

One more tip that I found out today looking at the images of the M4 on ebay, the flashlight battery pack goes into the handle of the grip attachment. If you look at the grip you can pop off a plate to insert the battery pack
    Last edited by newbielives; 03-02-2013 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by azslogan View Post
    Gee, you make that sound like a bad thing. That's supposed to be the fun part.

Interesting how many people seem to be making this their first tactical fig. And here I criticized them for doing another black one. Shows what I know.

I was just thinking today while weaving molle... I wonder how many people who know next to nothing about 1/6, or the 1:1 version... have bought a fig, spur of the moment... then took it home... opened the box, and said... W-T-F. lol

Funny, I personally found no issues at all with doing molle, or any of that stuff on my first kit. But I have been building models since I was 8, including RR layouts. I also know about real tac stuff and the gear. So for me , it was no issue at all. But I would imagine some people who have never done any of that, wonder what the heck they're supposed to do with all that stuff, and zero instructions. lol

The key is... Like real life, there is no one right way to do it. That's what makes it fun. I haven't ever built something just like the box, and I doubt I ever will. In fact, I won't even be making an FBI dude with this.

Lol I'm completely new to the hobby, and was expecting that all the pouches be velcro or clipped on. I had no idea about the weaving and ZERO instructions.

Right now reading your "weaving molle", I looked up molle on youtube and just realize i did everything wrong lol

Interesting how many people seem to be making this their first tactical fig. And here I criticized them for doing another black one. Shows what I know.

I was just thinking today while weaving molle... I wonder how many people who know next to nothing about 1/6, or the 1:1 version... have bought a fig, spur of the moment... then took it home... opened the box, and said... W-T-F. lol

Funny, I personally found no issues at all with doing molle, or any of that stuff on my first kit. But I have been building models since I was 8, including RR layouts. I also know about real tac stuff and the gear. So for me , it was no issue at all. But I would imagine some people who have never done any of that, wonder what the heck they're supposed to do with all that stuff, and zero instructions. lol

The key is... Like real life, there is no one right way to do it. That's what makes it fun. I haven't ever built something just like the box, and I doubt I ever will. In fact, I won't even be making an FBI dude with this.

Its an alternate pouch to put the flashbang and pepper spray

And it would go here,according to Soldierr Story

Lol I'm completely new to the hobby, and was expecting that all the pouches be velcro or clipped on. I had no idea about the weaving and ZERO instructions.

Right now reading your "weaving molle", I looked up molle on youtube and just realize i did everything wrong lol

Well that's the nice thing, you can always take it apart. The only stuff you need to be careful with are the little plastic parts. Those can often break easily.

The weaving doesn't have to be exactly like the real thing, and many times can't be, even if you wanted to. But you'd be surprised how close it can be. Your best friend with molle is a little piece of wire. Like the thickness of a stripped piece of phone box wire. Make that into a little loop. Push it through the molle loop, push the molle strap through the end of the wire loop, fold back, then pull it back through. Boom. Repeat. And/or, you can use some good hooked tweezers. But bare hands? Yeah, it ain't gonna happen. Also, take the stuffing out of the bags if they put any in there... You need them to bend. You can add stuffing with cotton balls later. And also do the whole vest before you put it on the fig. Much easier.

There's also some tricks to setting up the body. Like I tape the thigh add-ons to the legs with blue tape, and put the thick part on the inside of the leg, not the outside. You can also use self stick weather sealer foam strip to make stuffing to fill in the pants and butt.

Looks great.

Thanks for the tips, If I'm imagining it right, you use the wire like a straw to weave between the molle then slide the molle strap through?
    Also are you just putting the molle through the vest or are you looping it through the pouch aswell, that the part that gets me. I"m like WTF how am I going to pull that off on this tiny 12" figure lol

Some eye candy for the post

Quote Originally Posted by xray66 View Post
    Well that's the nice thing, you can always take it apart. The only stuff you need to be careful with are the little plastic parts. Those can often break easily.

The weaving doesn't have to be exactly like the real thing, and many times can't be, even if you wanted to. But you'd be surprised how close it can be. Your best friend with molle is a little piece of wire. Like the thickness of a stripped piece of phone box wire. Make that into a little loop. Push it through the molle loop, push the molle strap through the end of the wire loop, fold back, then pull it back through. Boom. Repeat. And/or, you can use some good hooked tweezers. But bare hands? Yeah, it ain't gonna happen. Also, take the stuffing out of the bags if they put any in there... You need them to bend. You can add stuffing with cotton balls later. And also do the whole vest before you put it on the fig. Much easier.

There's also some tricks to setting up the body. Like I tape the thigh add-ons to the legs with blue tape, and put the thick part on the inside of the leg, not the outside. You can also use self stick weather sealer foam strip to make stuffing to fill in the pants and butt.

Here is my eye candy post

ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

Thanks for the tips, If I'm imagining it right, you use the wire like a straw to weave between the molle then slide the molle strap through?
    Also are you just putting the molle through the vest or are you looping it through the pouch aswell, that the part that gets me. I"m like WTF how am I going to pull that off on this tiny 12" figure lol
    If you saw a video of how they do the real stuff, then basically, you do it like that. Say you have a vest you want a pouch on, that has three straps. Make your little wire loop. It should look like a bobby pin, but bend it a little, like a hook. Starting at the point where you want the top of the pouch, push the loop of wire up through that loop on the vest. Stick the strap from the pouch down through the back side of the wire loop, then fold it up. Now pull the strap down through the loop on the vest while the strap is folded back, using the wire. Do the same for each strap. Now do the same thing on the appropriate loop on the back of the pouch, and so on. You can also use tweezers to help. No it's not easy, but it's not too bad once you've done it a while.

I'm sure somebody must have some pics of this somewhere.

hi!

i have problem with the M4. i can't retract the butt stock. is it the small stick within the stock is the lock? i already tried pressed and pull that small thing but still no movement. TIA