mercenary/rebel fighter ideas and suggestions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: mercenary/rebel fighter ideas and suggestions

mercenary/rebel fighter ideas and suggestions

Hey guys so I really want to make a militia/rebel fighter, but okay here's some back story I'm looking to make rebel fighter/mercenary but not exactly a mercenary I was think a foreign guy who gets trapped on an island and a militia/military is taking people hostage and killing them and this bash I wanna make I don't want him to look professional but I want him to look like he knows what he's doing, so I just need so suggestions on a chest rig and other small misc items, and this fighter doesn't have the best stuff, he's trapped on an island( I know it sounds like far cry 3 haha) but I just need some suggestions and ideas, Thanks!!
    They have us surrounded? Those poor bastards.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Lightbulb Re: mercenary/rebel fighter ideas and suggestions

I just wanted to write as I red the first line that it sound like FAR CRY 3 Are you playing the game? I think giving him his civilian shirt and shorts (or a camo trouser and military boots he has looted from the bad guys) would make him very recognizable as survivor. If you are playing the game you can see all the handcrafted belts, holsters, ammo packs etc. I think a machete, an AK (or shotgun) and maybe a bow and some kind of an bandana are a must have.

Re: mercenary/rebel fighter ideas and suggestions

Well I got the clothes down khaki pants hiking boots OD T-shirt and I'm not playing the game I'm kinda going for my own thing that is extremely similar to far cry 3 and thanks for the suggestioms mate

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here you can find some pics of the holsters from Far Cry 3:

http://www.google.de/search?q=far+cr...=1920&bih=1068

In the game you must handcraft them from animal skin.

Here's the chest rig I'm thinking about using
    http://www.toyanxiety.com/deltaforce...-ammobelt.aspx

This sounds great man! I cannot wait to play Far Cry 3 on Tuesday! Looking forward to your bash. Definitely go with a Hawaiin shirt!
    Ask me about my custom Russian and Soviet uniforms!

If your going with an OD t-shirt might I suggest the black version of the chest rig to give your figure some contrast, plus its cheaper
    http://www.toyanxiety.com/deltaforce...-ammobelt.aspx

or an Ak chest rig. Also for weapons I would suggest something in the Ak family or older style M16/Car15. Also a machete or knife like SST Stalker or a Ghurka knife that was captured and a dive knife or spear gun(if you can find or build one)... how did he end up on the island?

Interested to see what you come up with.

He's a photographer with his wife

Heres his back story he is a 29 year old photographer from port Douglas Australia he lives with his wife(I haven't gave her a name yet haha) and he was fostered at the age of twelve his father had drown and his mother died in a car accident, he then went to live with his older brother Jake(by the way the main characters name is Ian) His older brother was a former SASR operator but he had lost his leg in Afghanistan and his brother teaches him how to really kick ... for lack of a better term haha, anyway he goes to the island with his wife,well long story short the militia/bad guys whatever you wanna call the take his wife he disarms the militia guards and kills them and goes off after his wife but he comes across a militia soldier taking a leak so Ian kills him and that's how he gets his chest rig and the story continues from there.