Sideshow Parts Compatibility with other brands

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Sideshow Parts Compatibility with other brands

Sideshow Parts Compatibility with other brands

I have Sideshow parts & want to know if I can use other brand bodies. I have Sideshow G.I.Joe C.Guard hands, head & feet. Would like to use other body beside the SS body. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Sideshow Parts Compatibility with other brands

Sideshow hands will fit the Hot Toys and clone bodies if you cut the wrist pegs short. The neck is no problem as HT bodies take SS necks. Feet... I don't think they'll fit a different body, they have pegs similar to the wrists while HT uses ball joint ankles.

Cool was thinking of using HT or Toys City body wanted to make sure they would take SS parts. Just the feet would be my concern unless I use a different foot/boot for the body.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Boots should fit on most any feet... solid bootfeet won't but loose boots will, for the most part. Though getting them onto the HT feet can be a pain thanks to the ankle joint.

May just get feet & a pair of loose jack boots for this C.Guard to put on a HT or TC body, which would be my best best. Then just use the CGuard head & hands that I have with adjustment. Thanks.

I've used Sideshow Clone Trooper hands on TTL/Soldier Story bodies with no mods .
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

That is awesome, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Sideshow hands will fit the Hot Toys and clone bodies if you cut the wrist pegs short. The neck is no problem as HT bodies take SS necks. Feet... I don't think they'll fit a different body, they have pegs similar to the wrists while HT uses ball joint ankles.
    Prometheus necks are HT necks, cheaper plastic maybe, but totally identical design.

CHEERS!

As others have noted, the boots get you into trouble as they are a bit different to everyone else. A royal pain in the arse when you have a bunch of sideshow bodies!

the feet will fit on the ht slim bodies only. i have a pair of ss feet on a luke dx07 slim body and they fit fine.

: D

Sideshow Clone Trooper wrist pegs are thinner than the regular Sideshow wrist pegs like the GI Joe figures. You can cram a Joe wrist into a Clone arm but they won't work the other way.

As for the feet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibagami Jubei View Post
    The hands are from soldier story. They're compatible. The feet? Dunno what brand (I'm thinking they are from Kaustic plastic) they are exactly but the sideshow foot peg fits fairly nice into the socket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibagami Jubei View Post
    In theory, I think it could work, I've never tried. I should try in fact. Actually, the figure is using these feet: https://02ce367.netsolstores.com/men...desjoints.aspx

I just remember that KP feet were recommended.

I had a whole bunch of mangled beets from sideshow from failed customization attempts thus removing the pegs wasn't too much trouble.

But, I'd imagine removing that whole ankle foot peg would mean you'd have to blow dry the piece with hot air to soften the plastic and then yank it off.

I've used Sideshow GI Joe gloved hands on Hot Toys wrist pegs and they work great. Just use hot water or hair dryer to soften hands before removing and/or inserting. I also used a Sideshow neck and head on a BBI body. The ball joint in the BBI chest cavity is compatible with the socket on the SSC neck post.

Great thank you all for the advice it will help alot.