John and Yoko, Let it Be, Beatles '68, Meet The Beatles, Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: John and Yoko, Let it Be, Beatles '68, Meet The Beatles, Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper

John and Yoko, Let it Be, Beatles '68, Meet The Beatles, Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper

Thought you might like to see a few pics of John Lennon (during the Beatles "Let it Be" era)...Yoko hasn't arrived yet; she's due to arrive shortly...

Last edited by Geronimo; 01-20-2013 at 16:05.
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: John Lennon and Yoko Ono - Beatles "Let it Be"

Very nice John Lennon figure. I love the guitar & amp too.

very nice lennon! when's yoko coming!
    only bit of advice i can offer is that the vox amp head (on top of the speaker cabinet) should have its sides slanted in like the shape of the grill cloth on the front of it. also the 'valvetronic' logo is for a very recent line of amps not available in the '60s- but that's just me being a rivet counter. other than that, really good!

cheers,
    rob

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

oh, and have you seen any place that might have a fender precision bass or vox phantom bass in 1/6, and/or a slightly oversized violin ( viola sized in 1/6)? i've got an idea for an interesting custom musician and a sculpt that could be made to work with the right mods and accessories.

sorry to 'jack your thread, keep the cool customs coming!

cheers,
    rob

Nice job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leontrotsky67 View Post
    oh, and have you seen any place that might have a fender precision bass or vox phantom bass in 1/6, and/or a slightly oversized violin ( viola sized in 1/6)? i've got an idea for an interesting custom musician and a sculpt that could be made to work with the right mods and accessories.

sorry to 'jack your thread, keep the cool customs coming!

cheers,
    rob

Hey Rob,

No problem at all; you didn't jack the thread at all...thanks for the input! I knew about the Vox amp detail and tried to find spot on picture versions of their 60's counterparts, but had a hard time locating them. I just settled for second best. Yoko should be coming soon, and I'll post some pics...

Regarding the 1/6 instruments, I have found 1/6 instruments through a distributor that used to have a great website. It's no longer there, but if you search for 6.75 guitars on eBay, the seller is "unclefat". Email him...he might be able to find what you are looking for...guitars, violins, violas, etc...
    Last edited by Geronimo; 11-15-2012 at 23:27.
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

thanks, geronimo, i will try to look him up!

cheers,
    rob

John Lennon and Yoko!!!!.....OH NO!!!!!!.... Lol nice job on Lennon

Until Yoko arrives, here is a pic from an earlier era...

Last edited by Geronimo; 08-10-2013 at 23:36.
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

i thought i remembered the rubber soul shoot as being yours- love that set of figures! in fact it was your beatles sets that got me thinking about the idea that i need the bass and viola for- any idea who?
    picture all black clothes, black wrap-around shades, pointed '60s boots and shoulder length center-parted dark hair. instrument is either a thunking bass (fender or vox)or a screeching, droning electric viola.........maybe do a photo shoot with warhol films projected onto the figure, lol. first right guess wins a banana.

cheers,
    rob
    Last edited by leontrotsky67; 11-17-2012 at 17:07.

I think I have a vision of the Velvet Underground....!
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

we shall see- i'm thinking of using the soldier story head that looks like nicholas cage, i think with the hair and shades added it could look close enough to john cale. then black jeans, turtleneck and boots, plus viola, and it just might work.

of course, i have 5 wwii figures in 1/2 to 2/3 done stages, and i cant seem to get to them- so this might just be a pipe dream. and as for the rest of the velvets, i wouldn't even know where to start!

b.t.w., a banana to you, sir!

cheers,
    rob
    Last edited by leontrotsky67; 11-18-2012 at 06:34.

Sounds like a great plan! I would love to see pictures of what you end up with...

By the way Rob, I remember you from Serang's Beatle thread as well. Sorry I took a while to get a thread started, but glad you showed up! Seems like we like the same period of music, '66 through '69 being the peak. Actually, my favorite period (and music taste) is broader than that, but it seems that in those years, you couldn't go wrong:

Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Kinks, Mamas and Papas, Byrds, Spoonful, Underground, Slade, and on and on...
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

yeah- i remember you too from that thread! beatles byrds and velvets are three of my all time favorites, plus dylan circa 'highway 61' and 'blonde on blonde' but also like a lot of guitar based indie, especially in a velvets-influenced vein, and a lot of old '80s college radio type stuff.

if you like music discussions, the 'music corner' at the steve hoffman forums is the best i've found- a wide range of interests there, and for the most part more mature and well thought out than most music forums. they are a bit audiophile oriented so a lot of it's a bit over my head but it's always good for some intelligent music talk.

can't wait to see your yoko (i've never understood the hate for her , tho i'm not a fan of her music).

cheers,
    rob

Very, very nice custom - you even have the amps in there
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Great work!

I love it. I'm trying to put together some Beatles figs. I just don't have the outfits or the correct instruments, yet.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! Stevenlore, looks like you got the start of something good! You can find some instruments if you search ebay for "6.75 guitars"...they usually have Paul's base and John's Rickenbacher...
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

Funny to see this - I'm working on "Blonde Heroin Addled Mainman era" Lou Reed sculpt right now & planning a Velvets set later!

Quote Originally Posted by Jroug View Post
    Funny to see this - I'm working on "Blonde Heroin Addled Mainman era" Lou Reed sculpt right now & planning a Velvets set later!
    do you have any lead on a sculpt that could be modded to look like '67/'68 lou? ( i'm no sculptor....). i was thinking that the d.i.d. hj sculpt could be modded to resemble moe ( add hips and a chest, maybe take off some height on the body), but lou and sterling have me stumped. i thought i was the only person odd enough to want a 1/6 v.u.- i guess not!
    b.t.w, have you seen the 1974 australian interview with lou where he totally f***ks with the reporters' heads? classic!

again geronimo, i am sorry to take your thread so far off track, my bad!

cheers,
    rob

I just hope the Yoko figure doesn't sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure5901 View Post
    I just hope the Yoko figure doesn't sing.
    Oh, don't worry...the sessions have been arranged such that her mike will be turned off...she doesn't know that though; Paul arranged it that way...
    Last edited by Geronimo; 11-20-2012 at 23:06.
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Oh, don't worry...the sessions have been arranged such that her mike will be turned off...she doesn't know that though; Paul arranged it that way...
    lol!

cheers,
    rob

Oh no, Yoko has joined the sessions...John seems to be more and more preoccupied as the sessions progress. By the time they record "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", he might not be able to play (guitar)...!

Last edited by Geronimo; 11-22-2012 at 16:16.
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

very nice, they really capture even the feeling of closeness between the two.

but please, please promise we won't be seeing a 1/6 'two virgins' cover!

cheers,
    rob

very nice, they really capture even the feeling of closeness between the two.

but please, please promise we won't be seeing a 1/6 'two virgins' cover!

cheers,
    rob
    Thanks Rob!

Hmm..."Two Virgins" cover...I could have saved some cash (not buying clothes) to replicate that one. Oh well, too late. I might buy a black bag though and throw them both in and let imaginations run wild. That would be fun...
    "That's pod-d-d!!!"

Don't you know that Happiness is a Warm Gun mama..yes it is...Oh!

"That's pod-d-d!!!"

Actually, Yoko looks pretty good. Now get her a knitting kit and she would be perfect.

do you have any lead on a sculpt that could be modded to look like '67/'68 lou? ( i'm no sculptor....). i was thinking that the d.i.d. hj sculpt could be modded to resemble moe ( add hips and a chest, maybe take off some height on the body), but lou and sterling have me stumped. i thought i was the only person odd enough to want a 1/6 v.u.- i guess not!
    b.t.w, have you seen the 1974 australian interview with lou where he totally f***ks with the reporters' heads? classic!

again geronimo, i am sorry to take your thread so far off track, my bad!

cheers,
    rob
    No, I haven't seen anything like that, but I'll be doing one after Heroin Lou. That Australian interview you mention is great. Love him when he's evil &/or loud.

Here are some pics from their trip to India, 1968...

"That's pod-d-d!!!"