Product Announcement Flirty Girl Collectibles-MOXIE, XIULAN AND CATE (Trio of Dangerous Ladies)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Flirty Girl Collectibles-MOXIE, XIULAN AND CATE (Trio of Dangerous Ladies)

Flirty Girl Collectibles-MOXIE, XIULAN AND CATE (Trio of Dangerous Ladies)

I just got word of the latest product release from Flirty Girl Collectibles.

MOX2012-1 BLACK

(Moxie)
    Highly Detailed Female head sculpt with Blonde hair
    Black Sparkle and White Faux leather bodysuit (rear zipper closure)
    White Faux Leather belt with Black buckle
    White Faux Leather Boots with side zipper closure (FGC SMOOTH HEEL BOOTFOOT DESIGN)

XIU2012-1 RED

(Xiulan)
    Highly Detailed Female head sculpt with Black hair
    Red Sparkle and White Faux leather bodysuit (rear zipper closure)
    White Faux Leather belt with Red buckle
    White Faux Leather Boots with side zipper closure (FGC SMOOTH HEEL BOOTFOOT DESIGN)

CATE2012-1 ORANGE

(Cate)
    Highly Detailed Female head sculpt with Brown hair
    Orange Sparkle and White Faux leather bodysuit (rear zipper closure)
    White Faux Leather belt with Orange buckle

BODY, HANDS AND PISTOL NOT INCLUDED IN THESE SETS
    NOTE: CHARACTER SET DESIGNED TO WORK WITH MOST 1/6 SCALE FEMALE BODIES
    BOOTS ARE ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH BODIES THAT HAVE AN ANKLE CUP DESIGN. (EXAMPLE: TRIAD, PHICEN, CY GIRL, ETC)
    WARNING CHOKING HAZARD: SMALL PARTS - KEEP ALL PARTS AWAY FROM SMALL CHILDREN

RETAIL PRICE - $40-45(each)
    PREORDER ENDS - NOVEMBER 14th
    ESTIMATED ARRIVAL MID DECEMBER 2012

CHECK YOUR FINER 1/6 SCALE LOCAL RETAILERS FOR THIS PRODUCT AND YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND IT FROM SMcG CUSTOMS.

ENJOY

SMcG
    www.smcgcustoms.com
    Keep those customs coming!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Flirty Girl Collectibles-MOXIE, XIULAN AND CATE (Trio of Dangerous Ladies)

Any better pics of the brunette headsculpt?

Dang....Cate Archer....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Eh... nothing impressive in these sets
    "Overkill is underrated"

HOW ABOUT THIS IMAGE FOR CATE CLOSE UP...DIFFERENT VIEWS

I hope this helps....

SMcG

Clau is offline Collection is overflowing

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordmacgyver View Post
    HOW ABOUT THIS IMAGE FOR CATE CLOSE UP...DIFFERENT VIEWS

I hope this helps....

SMcG
    If it turns out this good, Cate will be wearing the Jill Valentine outfit I stashed away...

i just like the hayabusa.

Looks like Kate Bosworth.

Eh, pass from me. Might have been interested in the HS, as I think Cate has the best head, but not confident in the paint apps for the final product.

The good news is that my wild-eyed plans to figure out how to do a spandex bodysuit for a Cate Archer custom just got a whole lot simpler, and if the production head looks like that, it'll be even better than the one I had planned. Based on the quality of FGC's stuff in the past, I'm totally down for Cate. There's even a Sterling SMG I have stashed 'round here for her to accessorize with.

To me, these seem more than a little dated.

CHEERS!

Sigh. Why is it that whenever new female models are released, they are obscure and the sculpts (almost) ALWAYS undetailed and uninspired? I don't care one iota about the outfits, but I really need nice, well-detailed and not doll-like female headsculpts...

Quote Originally Posted by Warge View Post
    Sigh. Why is it that whenever new female models are released, they are obscure and the sculpts (almost) ALWAYS undetailed and uninspired? I don't care one iota about the outfits, but I really need nice, well-detailed and not doll-like female headsculpts...
    Very true.

I like the Hs in the orange outfit.

Yes...my favorite too (orange version)

FGC is trying to release new products to attract a wider audience....we all know that everyone's tastes are much different when you look at the popularity of things in the USA vs ASIAN markets.
    There is so much out there for us in 1/6 lately that with Flirty Girl Collectibles being less than a year in the industry, they are still experimenting to see where the collectors and hobbyists personal preferences in products center around.

I know there are two more sets on the plate for them this year and then as the new year approaches, the direction they want to go in will be similar to the standard they have set this year. (character sets and clothing sets)
    They are going to expand on that standard and add more exciting items for everyone next year..

For now...enjoy the TRIO of ladies....the more feedback the better for everyone..

Thanks
    SMcG

If you read that MC Toys' "Flectarn" outfit set thread, you'd think everyone wants real-world clothing for soldiers only--no form fitting tops, no artistic license. Just completely de-sexualized, austere military outfits with absolute accuracy.

And I bet even if someone out there took a chance and made what the vocal crowd keeps complaining about:

a) people would still complain about accuracy
    b) it still wouldn't sell

I think what is missing is a company kind of like Headplay doing realistic female head sculpts, but the kicker is at a reasonable price. Well what is a reasonable price you ask??, it depends. Hot Toys heads sell anywhere from $30-$70 depending on where you look. Most headplay male heads go for about $25. Triads last batch were $19 their new ones $29, so i would say $30 and Under.

FGC needs to address this if they want to compete with these types of sets. I love the outfit and head on the orange girl but the others look like $5.00 volks heads. So $40-45 is out there for these sets. by comparison, Triads speed suits are $25.00 and most body suits even in pleather go for less.

I think the orange girl will sell out but the other two will be shelf sitters.
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

I do agree crusader--the orange Cate Archer suit will sell the best of the colorways. I also agree that they should work harder on the heads as that, to me, is such an important part of any set like this where it's going to be $80-$100 for just the clothing and accessories alone.

Why do all female action figures have shoulders larger than a narrow shoulders male figure? Do they keep copying the same basic body sculpts or something?

i [like everyone else it seems] prefer the one in orange. The other two heads seem like the features are out of proportion to the size of the head or something. I got the Emerson set from them a while back and was impressed with it, so i guess i'll just wait and see.

Their feets are ginormous too.

The Cate sculpt is pretty damn good-looking. Not nearly as "dolly" looking as the other two.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

will look for the Cate sculpt after someone part them out...other than that another easy pass.....no wonder Hot Toys head sculpts sell like hot cakes other than the sucker punch amber head sculpt... who I feel would have sold well if the hadn't given her the molded hair...but I guess that's a topic for another post.....

Cate is the better choice of the three. Five years ago these would have been competitive head sculpts. Now you can get some really good knock off head sculpts for 34.00 on ebay. Just last week I found TTL Perfection Murderess new in the box for 40.00 with free shipping. These are just more collection clutter.

I just saw a really good knock off head sculpt of BabyDoll for 33.99 with 6.00 shipping from mytoys_box on ebay. I am tempted to buy it. His looks the closest to Hot Toys than some of the other sellers knock offs

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

I completely understand where you are coming from with the female body aspect.(wider shoulders)
    I think mainly it is because maybe the designers feel this makes them appear to have a stronger build.
    Who knows...maybe you will see a new body based on your feedback someday soon...

So I am guessing that everyone is ok with the 39.99 price point for this set?

SMcG