One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Completed Custom Samurai Predator. Custom Base/Dio Made.

(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure 
5K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  missharleyquinn 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm doing this bit by bit as the electricity over here on the island keeps cutting out and the websites keep freezing up when that's not the problem!:dunno:doh I've been attempting to create this thread for the last 4hrs!:brickwall

WIP thread here:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ai-predator-10-09-12-almost-there-almost.html

OK pics are safely up so I can add the back story etc.. now (Erm.. bare in mind I probably came up with this after a good night in the pub!).

As a Veteran Combat Scout and now a Trainer of the untested Younglings it was also his job to keep an eye on the various training centres around the galaxy, similar to the one discovered on Earth in AVP. While on an inspection to Earth his stealth craft was seriously damaged buy a short but unexpected mini volcanic eruption at Mount Fuji while flying over medieval Japan, since his shields were down while he was running scans on this backward planet he was caught off guard and had to crash land his craft on one of the main islands of Japan.
Survival and conquest are paramount for any Predator cast so the Earthbound Trainer was forced to adapt to his new surroundings, he had minimal power supply and used if carefully to study his new strange surroundings while his armour was still capable of stealth function rendering him virtually invisible to the local inhabitants; of course there were vague shimmering sightings and the occasional stealth malfunction that created tales of a magical demon.
After weeks of decoding the locals' communication the Trainer began to understand their beliefs in spirits, ogres and demons, as his power supply dwindled and his craving for prey worthy of his skills heightened he formulated a plan to co exist with these life forms that would from a certain point of view be beneficial to both himself and the locals; he would become a very REAL "Oni",a Demon Ogre for local warriors (he had observed and mildly come to respect) called Samurai to challenge in a similar way he taught his Youngling students to face the Xenemorphs of the Great Temples Of Tribal Tests.He created a labyrinth lair full of improvised traps based on his training techniques back home and in the Temples to entice young Samurai to enter and prove themselves as true warriors with no fear. When even the hardiest of warriors occasionally shied away from the quickly growing mound of trophy human skulls displayed outside the entrance to the lair, the Trainer would coax enough trickle charged power from his Home world armour (he now fought only with adapted local armour and weapons of surprisingly good quality minerals to keep the guise of the fearsome Oni) to pass undetected into villages and capture the odd unfortunate local Youngling as an enticement for battle and as a possible reward for a worthy combatant. This brought about a very strange ritual as often women rather than warriors would come to the entrance of his lair and leave strange offerings later discovered to be a local fruit called a pomegranate or zakuro that was meant to appease the Oni and replace the thirst for blood, it didn't........

See less See more
#11 ·
Re: Completed Custom Samurai Predator Storey Added. Outdoor Pics In Greece

that...is...insane....(btw..you went all the way to Greece, to customize?? lol...seems funny to me....dork...lol)

btw..if that WERE in my halloween contest, i'd choose it to win....so there....pffttt...
oh oh..do a pic without him in the frame...cuz he's in stealth mode.....ha!!

all kidding aside(go ahead and hit me)...i really love the details that you did on him..i think that this is my fav bash of yours so far....it would take a lot to knock it out of first place in my book....even better then the SW stuff and i dont even like predator...it's like all of your past bashes put into one..just blows the others away..maybe you should go on vacation more often..ohhhh.....brings out the best in ya...ohhhhhh again...lol
Thanks Matt! Means a lot since you don't usually check out my non SW work. Vacation? Sort of, the tourist season is well gone this time of year, it's more of a visit the folks and have a change of scenery to do some ridding etc over here, no big parties or chasing Swedish skirt this time! Just chilling out with good food and cheap beer/wine!:lol
Epic creature, dude!
Thanks uramegak!
Absolutely epic boss. One of your finest work yet. :thumb
Thanks gaiagear and cheers for your comments on the WIP thread to this, they're always gratefully received
VERY original fig! congrats!
Thanks! Well it was inspired by the Hot Toys version (final payment went out yesterday to SSC) so I might have them to compare side by side soon. I'm also waiting for a cheap Vinyl cast stand that I'll paint with more of a Japanese theme than shown in the sample pics below, I'd also like to take some pics of him battling my other human Samurai DID figures, especially Date Masamune!

#5 ·
Re: Completed Custom Samurai Predator |Outdoor Pics In Greece

oh oh..do a pic without him in the frame...cuz he's in stealth mode.....ha!!

all kidding aside(go ahead and hit me)...i really love the details that you did on him..i think that this is my fav bash of yours so far....it would take a lot to knock it out of first place in my book....even better then the SW stuff and i dont even like predator...it's like all of your past bashes put into one..just blows the others away..maybe you should go on vacation more often..ohhhh.....brings out the best in ya...ohhhhhh again...lol

#13 ·

P.S. I took all the pics on my phone without a tripod instead of the Sony as it's in Wales but had great fun with the special effects features as you can see!:wink

#28 · (Edited)

That turned out great, man! I gotta say the skin tones and the tattoo work you did are the best part of the build. It works so well with the red armor. Really great job.
When your Side show fig comes in, you definitely need a samurai show down!
Thank you angry_fetus! I love your work as you know (even though I'm a Marvel man!:wink) so any positive comments from you are valued!:cheers
Most impressive work, brah.

I'd love to see some side-by-side shots with the HT version when it shows up, but I can't imagine it overshadowing your work in the least.

Also, I appreciate your back story as the release data from HT had none and I was like WTF is this??? And, WHY TF should we care?

:lol

The work and skill you've put into the build is obvious. Be proud, man.
Well I think that must be as high as praise could come! Thank you so much for your appreciation of this build, I just hope it doesn't end up looking cr@p next to the HT one! Thank you for reading the back story too, not sure if anyone else bothered!

Very cool and creative!
Thank you, I try..:wink
;):) hope you having a great time and enjoying the Greece (beside this all crisis things ;) :( )
Yeah all good, Athens was a bit nuts as usual for good reason but I grew up over here so I'm used to it. On Andros now anyway where we've had a house (300 years old) for 28 years give or take a year. Back in Attika on Saturday for a few days b4 off back to Wales and the "the pretty ****ty city" Swansea.

#17 ·

Oooooooooooh.......Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
:jawdrop
THANKS! I'm still not happy with the eyes though (as usual :wink) I couldn't find any yellow over here and might have to wait untill I get back to Athens but even with yellow I think they'll still look rather dead so I'm looking at some tiny beads I have with me.

#18 ·

Yep...... a masterpiece!!!! Your best work right here. Congrats man. :applause

#21 ·

Yep...... a masterpiece!!!! Your best work right here. Congrats man. :applause
Thanks a lot DA!
Wow!!

You did a cracking job on him, he's superb! Just make sure you don't leave any parts of him back in Greece! It's wet and miserable over here, so make the most of the sunshine while you can.

CHEERS!
Very sunny here!:tongue Thanks for the kind comments over this long build!
Im not a big fun of this figures , but you did a great job here ;):) BRAVO
Very glad I can even impress a non Pred fan! EBXARISTO! KAI YASOU APO THN ANDRO!

#19 ·

Wow!!

You did a cracking job on him, he's superb! Just make sure you don't leave any parts of him back in Greece! It's wet and miserable over here, so make the most of the sunshine while you can.

CHEERS!

#25 ·

totally .butt kickery amigo! this rocks!
Thank you sir!
Impressive,very impressive.
A lot of work, a hell of a final result. My hat is off,sir.

Can't wait to see what's next.
Cheers ATS! Glad he's finally done. I forgot to mention the bags on his waist contain the severed heads of his most respected adversaries and the collapsible spear is spring loaded to open automatically (that was a fiddly job!):dizzy.

I'll take some Cave photos later.

#24 ·

Most impressive work, brah.

I'd love to see some side-by-side shots with the HT version when it shows up, but I can't imagine it overshadowing your work in the least.

Also, I appreciate your backstory as the release data from HT had none and I was like WTF is this??? And, WHY TF should we care?

:lol

The work and skill you've put into the build is obvious. Be proud, man.

#30 ·

nice work...congrats!
Thanks!

Redone the eyes so he literally has a beady stare now like the other owlish Predators, couldn't find any yellow so red will have to do for now. I also got some plumbing flax which I painted with black ink and placed poking out of his trophy bags to simulate old matted/mummified hair of the previous victims' decapitated heads.

#33 ·
Re: Completed Custom Samurai Predator Eyes Redone With Beads. Outdoor Pics In Gr

Thank you Broadshore!
Enjoyed the build, and what can I say about the finished product? I think one word has been used to describe it- Epic.

Truly an outstanding job.
Much appreciated Sixth Scale, thanks for following the build!!

I'll try to take those cave pics I mentioned later, just glad he's quite heavy as it's really windy over here!!:eek

#32 ·
Re: Completed Custom Samurai Predator Eyes Redone With Beads. Outdoor Pics In Gr

Enjoyed the build, and what can I say about the finished product? I think one word has been used to describe it- Epic.

Truly an outstanding job.

#35 ·

Even better!

Those beads work a treat, BB gun pellets are the right size too, I have a shedload of them kicking around somewhere.

CHEERS!
yeah I've got loads too but the beads looked best for the Predator's owel like eyes this time.

Took some pics on the side of the mountain to get a sort of cave/ cliff background, I couldn't do a fancy poses as I didn't want to drop him or fall off myself! There're also poisonous horned vipers up there so I didn't want to disturb them, it's also VERY windy today!:lol I was up where the red circle is and I'm not as nimble as I was 25 years ago!:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.