Product Review Hot Toys Jake Sully Avatar review

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hot Toys Jake Sully Avatar review

Hot Toys Jake Sully Avatar review

Tonight I'm visiting the world of Pandora - no, not the jewelry. No, not the radio app. And no, not the first woman in Greek mythology. I'm talking about Avatar, not the Last Airbender Avatar but the Jake Sully Avatar. Not the Monsters Inc. Sully, but the Jake Sully. Wow, Cameron really needs to be a bit more creative with the names.

Hot Toys released their Jake figure awhile back, but it's taken me a little while to get to him. You can find his review at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
    MWC

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hot Toys Jake Sully Avatar review

Not a movie a cared for. And I'm glad for that 'cause the price can feed a family of four for a month and a half.

Not a single ounce of me says want when I see that, and I didn't hate the movie either.

Nice review, as usual. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah it's a weak release from HT I guess because it's so unusual? It'll probably pick up steam once Avatar 2 and 3 are released.

Cheers for the great review! I actually thoroughly have enjoyed the movie every time I've watched it, in fact it was the 1st film in years that actually made me weep a little out of happiness and sadness! I've been putting off getting Jake for a bit now as he's closer to 300gbp than $300 over here but thanks to your review I think HT will get a chunk of my cash next payday!! There are a couple of things you pointed out that you didn't like but still work for me such as the expression, I can't remember him looking particularly aggressive in any part of the film in fact he spent most of the time wondering around like a stupefied toddler which I found quite endearing especially with Neytiri calling a stupid child most of the time!. As for the skin texture, well he's a bad carbon copy of an alien species in the film (has 5 fingers instead of the Pandorian 4, including the thumb) and to be honest your great photographs show some very nice skin texture so I'm a bit confused on that one. Thanks for the tips on the delicacy of the feathers and the belt snaps, the only downside I can think of is the problem with the Velcro on the knife sheath but since I hate the idea of Velcro on this figure I'll just remove it and attach it with a fine leather or waxed thread thong. I really hope they make a Neytiri as the SSC statue is the only other option.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

I've been putting off getting Jake for a bit now as he's closer to 300gbp than $300 over here but thanks to your review I think HT will get a chunk of my cash next payday!!
    Dunno if this helps but whysoseriousonline.co.uk have him for £199.99 and, according to their Facebook page, their running a free-shipping promo at the moment.

Sticman.

Quote Originally Posted by sticman View Post
    Dunno if this helps but whysoseriousonline.co.uk have him for £199.99 and, according to their Facebook page, their running a free-shipping promo at the moment.

Sticman.
    It does, thanks!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

It does, thanks!
    No problem.

Cheers,

Sticman.