Phicen Seamless Questions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen Seamless Questions

Phicen Seamless Questions

Hello, everyone. I just joined the forums today after browsing for a while and reading up on the posts about the Phicen Seamless body on here. I still have a few questions though, that I haven't seen answers to yet. Firstly, I just ordered one from a Chinese seller on eBay (blonde, tan, large breast, pink underwear). He told me something along the lines of: this model has a different head, something is wrong with this model, my boss said we can't sell it, please change your item order number to a different model.

I was fairly pissed, as I wouldn't have bought from him if he wasn't selling that one, but whatever. I changed to the bright red hair, pale, large breast, blue underwear figure. As I'm planning to dabble in OOAK projects, and this being my first, I don't really mind. I just thought the pink underwear was a nice touch. I picked Phicen over Hot Stuff because, well, Hot Stuff looks terrible. It hurts my eyes. It appears to be made out of the same material that mannequin targets are made out of, such as you would see on certain shooting ranges.

Anyways, questions:
    1.I really wanted a small breast model, but the buttocks/hips/thighs look smaller as well. Is this true? I ended up buying the larger breast model for the sake of it having a butt. Sometimes, it's hard to be sure if this is the case from these stock photographs.

2. Should I soak the figure in warm/hot water before I bend it? I read that on another forum--not as advice, but as someone's personal precautionary step.

3. Would you consider the flesh on the Phicen figure to be somewhat porous?

4. If the figure comes with any slits/tears/cuts in the flesh, is there any substance you would recommend to patch this with, or is it pretty much game over?

5. And lastly, this is the model I have ordered. Can you tell me anything about it in comparison to previous or newer models that have been released?

Thank you, everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen Seamless Questions-all_258-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Phicen Seamless Questions

Anyways, questions:
    1.I really wanted a small breast model, but the buttocks/hips/thighs look smaller as well. Is this true? I ended up buying the larger breast model for the sake of it having a butt. Sometimes, it's hard to be sure if this is the case from these stock photographs.

The butt looks larger than the breasts to me.

2. Should I soak the figure in warm/hot water before I bend it? I read that on another forum--not as advice, but as someone's personal precautionary step.

No.

It's rubber.

4. If the figure comes with any slits/tears/cuts in the flesh, is there any substance you would recommend to patch this with, or is it pretty much game over?

These are "seamless" figs. There shouldn't be any tears in them out of the box. They may crack or become damaged over time. There is no elegant way to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Calvin View Post

5. And lastly, this is the model I have ordered. Can you tell me anything about it in comparison to previous or newer models that have been released?
    1. Yes, the butt is smaller on the small-busted version but not by a lot. The limbs are very slightly slimmer as well.

2. No, you don't need to do this. The advice I give to anyone who asks is that the Phicen body doesn't need much more effort to pose than a regular jointed figure, so if a joint isn't moving, this is not a sign that you need to push harder, it's a sign that you're moving the joint in the wrong direction.

3. The skin will pick up dye on some clothing if that's what you're asking. Some photos show water beading on them and I'd believe it does that. If someone is soaking their figures in hot water before posing and isn't ending up with a squishy figure, then I guess it's not too porous.

4. Not really, but if you buy from a reputable dealer then you can send it back and get a replacement. I had some flaws out of the box with one, but the dealer got it replaced from Phicen. I had heard some people fixed splits or cuts in the skin with rubber cement, but I've never tried that personally.

5. You can get a nice history of the Phicen figure over in this recent post. The short version is that I think there have been 2 major changes to the line: the change to a "tack free" skin between the first and second versions of the figure, and then the release of the smaller-busted versions. There's no real difference between the model you own and the ones immediately before or after it.

Hope this helps!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you, gunm and edwick. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Calvin View Post
    I just ordered one from a Chinese seller on eBay (blonde, tan, large breast, pink underwear).
    I know that guy

Quote Originally Posted by yanouli View Post
    I know that guy
    Wow. Lmao. Whoops...