Miscellaneous Subject Difference in Nude bodies

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Difference in Nude bodies

Difference in Nude bodies

Folks,

I am doing some kitbashing currently and purchased two TTL bodies which were delivered yesterday only to discover they are smaller in stature than my Hot Toys bodies???

I am wanting to purchase something similar in size to the Hot Toys bodies - any thoughts?

Also - do Headplay heads fit DID nudes? If not then what other bodies do they fit??

Thanks,
    Liz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Difference in Nude bodies

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...wo-bodies.html

Read this post, you will be very useful.

Hi Liz, what Hot Toys bodies are you reffering to as they made different ones, eg muscle, slim etc.. They should at least be roughly the same height? Headplay heads will fit most bodies, they come with a hot-toys style neck post but without the post you can fit it straight to most necks if you cut a little away from the inside - I stick headplay heads on dragon bodies all the time, sometimes with a spot of glue to keep them on tight!
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As 4dEFCON says, if he can fit a Headplay sculpt on a Dragon body, it will fit a DiD neck adapter, as they are nearly the same. Maybe some minor modification. If you are wanting to do some interesting posing with your body, you might not want to go with the DiD body. Basic standing or sitting, or nothing too crazy, you should be just fine.

Some of the TTLs are a more narrow chest than the others. And yes, Hot Toys has a ton of bodies now. I'm guessing the stock HT True Type you are referring to. If you are using a baggy military uniform, you shouldn't have too much prolem just using it with the TTL. If you want a more snug fitting outfit, you might have to check out other TTLs, or the HT TT bodies themselves.

There a lot more options in the body link above as well, so take a good look through there. Something else might work for you as well.

The neck connector on DID bodies is actually like the HT ones, but Headplay heads will fit just fine.

CHEERS!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have a couple of Hot Toys TrueType bodies I am using and bought these TTL bodies not realizing they are a good couple of inches shorter - frustrating. So I have a couple of spare DID bodies and will use them.

DID bodies aren't bad when you put clothes on them, they're sturdier than TT's. When my collection gets felled by a falling figure it's always the DID figures that hold their poses and stand straight back up again. TT's flail every which way when they fall and it seems to take ages to get them back into the pose where they stayed standing.

Someone should tell HT that you only need balljoints where the feet attach to the ankles and not have one where the ankle attaches to the leg. Those dumbell joints have been responsible for about 90% of figure crashes I've experienced.

Enterbay found the answer and if HT had any sense they'd copy them!

CHEERS!