Looking for Info: Upcoming 'Nam Figures?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Looking for Info: Upcoming 'Nam Figures?

Looking for Info: Upcoming 'Nam Figures?

This is a hot rumor I just heard. Apparently, at least two companies are working on 'Nam right now, including possibly an M60 gunner gear set.
    I know that Cal-Tek has an indeterminate 'Nam project in the works, but I don't think my source is referring to their project. Does anyone else have more info on this?
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Looking for Info: Upcoming 'Nam Figures?

I have not heard anything yet. Anything Vietnam era would be welcome. The Hot Toys Platoon figures were great for making some quality Vietnam era parts readily available again, but we are due for something new.

I've been hoping Soldier Story would make another US Vietnam figure. I have dreamed of a Soldier Story wood and metal M79 for years now!

With the Qualitys of Dam's Somalia figures they could sure make some great Vietnam era figs. The Dam boots and LC2 gear wear fantastic I'm sure they could make some sweet M56 web gear and Jungle boots..

I sure wish Wild Work would reissue the Vietnam Marine sets again. So much good stuff in that little box!

Ah, we live in hope....

It sure would be welcome. I'd like more flak vests, rucksacks, web gear, M16A1s, and helmets. Why doesn't some company step up and do a fully loaded marine? Or a door gunner? I'm sure an RTO would go over really well too.

There's a huge untapped market out there.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not even a man guy but I hope your source is right, cuz I can't wait to add some Vietnam grunts to my shelves!!!!
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

C'mon Docski, You are the definitive "man guy" !
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Yeah..NAM Grunts would be more than appreciated...Rucks,Helmets,Web Gear,Ponchos and all that other cool stuff...give us some...
    For what its worth!?

My Trade Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    C'mon Docski, You are the definitive "man guy" !

but i really hope this is true, this era needs more focus and does have the glamor that other eras have just its so unknown to many

Haven't heard anything either but I sure hope it's true. If it's not Soldier Story, hopefulli it's DAM. They've been offering some good quality figures lately.

Eric

Okay, I spoke with my source again and he cannot disclose more information than what he has for personal reasons (he's friends with people in the companies, which is why he knows this.) All he can tell me is that they are NOT Cal-Tek.
    So this makes four companies that are working on 'Nam right now: Battlegear Toys, Cal-Tek (sometime in the future MAYBE), and now two Chinese companies.
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

There's a company called Inflames that is releasing a "Metal Gear Solid" figure called "Metalboss", more specifically the "Battle Armor Version". The figure and armor are modern; but the gear and weapon (a nice-looking M16) are Vietnam-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidah Drivah View Post
    There's a company called Inflames that is releasing a "Metal Gear Solid" figure called "Metalboss", more specifically the "Battle Armor Version". The figure and armor are modern; but the gear and weapon (a nice-looking M16) are Vietnam-issue.
    Eh, Inflames Gear is Metal Gear Vietnam, not 1:1 Vietnam. The M-16's the franken-16 that Hot Toys made and only the 20-round ammo pouches were used in Vietnam (and only by SOG, they're unmarked). The 30-round ammo pouches may have been used by SASR, but they aren't U.S. issue. The canteen pouches are LC2 cut in cotton (very inaccurate) and the belt's useless.

Is this an old thread? Isnt news about Battlegear Toys releasing some Nam items old news already? And Inflames has been out for awhile now. Unless its a brand new company, my guess is DAM or Toy City. Hopefully the wait wont be too long.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by MisterToy View Post
    Is this an old thread? Isnt news about Battlegear Toys releasing some Nam items old news already? And Inflames has been out for awhile now. Unless its a brand new company, my guess is DAM or Toy City. Hopefully the wait wont be too long.

Eric
    No, this comes from last night.
    BGT is old news, ditto Cal-Tek. The big news is that two Chinese companies have 'Nam in the works, especially if one of the figures is an M60 gunner (and a gear set no less.)
    By my reckoning, one of them might be Hot Toys: Platoon: Elias or another of the Platoon figures.
    However, you're right that we'll know soon enough. My source said they'd be releases this year.

Metal Boss had some quite useful Nam appropriate items, like the uniform, the H harness, the pouches, and above all the boots which were imo the best jungle boots ever produced. Unfortunaly, the M16 is close to useless as it's a dead copy of the Hot Toys way over-sized M16. I have one of each and they are identically flawed.

If HT bring out Elias I will be very pleasantly surprised. It would be nice if SS is one of the companies in question since their Nam gear was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Metal Boss had some quite useful Nam appropriate items, like the uniform, the H harness, the pouches, and above all the boots which were imo the best jungle boots ever produced. Unfortunaly, the M16 is close to useless as it's a dead copy of the Hot Toys way over-sized M16. I have one of each and they are identically flawed.

If HT bring out Elias I will be very pleasantly surprised. It would be nice if SS is one of the companies in question since their Nam gear was really good.
    Thank you for correcting me, Spitfire. I forgot about the boots and uniform.

More nam is always good, I just hope it's not another Chinese soldier from their "nam" war. The m60 sounds like good news to all those people tired of hunting through ebay in search of the dragon james fig and getting into biding wars.

I hope the rumors turn out to be true.

If its HT doing Elias from Platoon or Lerner I'll be pleased, I'd like to be able to finish off the group. As far as a brand new M60 gunner/gear set that's great news! DML James is far to rare and outdated. I'll welcome and await all of these releases

http://macvsog.yuku.com/directory
    28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds

This figure is going to be a VC fighter with a wood and metal RPD and a realistically proportioned smaller body... uh.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by justin_g View Post
    This figure is going to be a VC fighter with a wood and metal RPD and a realistically proportioned smaller body... uh.. right?
    hope youre right....
    WANNA SEE MY 12 INCH